Wanting to write a story but don't know if this is good?

Hi there I’ve been wanting to write a story about a girl who is a bodyguard and has to keep her childhood love and first love safe but lucky for her he doesn’t remember her since it’s been 14 years since they seen each other. The guy is a womanizer and who likes danger until he meets this girl (Not the bodyguard) who brings his life to hell and gets him in trouble to one of the most dangerous men. obviously the girl bodyguard get angry. I don’t know if I should write it and if the plot is good or not? Or should I do it LL or INK. (Sorry if my English sucks)

4 Likes

I would read this. It’s similar to other stories, but not so much that it can’t be it’s own unique thing. And it’s definitely not the same plot that’s kind of repeated all over Episode. And you have an original concept, I think. And the dangerous man adds a good layer to this idea. I am definitely interested!

1 Like

Lol, typical love triangle.

I mean, as long as you put your own spin in your story, I would love it read it!

Really? thank you so much :grinning:

Yeah, I kinda still want to change some stuff but i dont know. thank you :grinning:

1 Like

Moved to Share Feedback since this is about a story idea. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about where to correctly create topics, and feel to PM me if there are any questions. :wink:

Sis that’s good I would like to read the story its sound interesting.

1 Like

Thank you :grinning:

1 Like

okay thank you

1 Like

Be careful! There’s a similar K drama on Netflix (UK) called Strong Girl Bong Soon. Make sure you’re not copying too much from there!

Well haven’t seen & How is it similar?

I don’t think you have much to worry.

Here’s a synopsis of the KDrama off Wiki:

Do Bong-soon (Park Bo-young) was born with superhuman strength. Her strength is hereditary and passed along only to the women in her family. Her dream is to create a video game with herself as the main character. She desperately wants to become a willowy and elegant woman, which is the ideal type of her crush, In Guk-doo (Ji Soo), a police officer. Thanks to her strength, she gets the job of a bodyguard to a rich heir Ahn Min-hyuk (Park Hyung-sik), the CEO of a gaming company, Ainsoft. Contrary to Guk-doo, Min-hyuk is an odd man who is playful, a little spoiled, has no regard for rules, and dislikes policemen. He has recently received anonymous threats, blackmails, and has even been stalked at an occasion.

One day, a series of kidnapping cases break in Dobong-dong, the district Bong-soon lives in, and she is determined to catch the culprit after her friend was targeted. With the help and training from Min-hyuk, she manages to control her strength to use it for good causes. Min-hyuk and Bong-soon find themselves and their relationship grew into something more.

All that seems similar is that the MC is a bodyguard. And that the MC must face trouble involving some kind of dangerous group. The fantastical element (or scifi) of the Kdrama really sets it apart from yours.

PS. I’d like to say that I, too would be interested in seeing a story like that. Sounds intriguing enough :slight_smile:

The fantastical elements don’t play as big of a part as you’d think! It’s mainly about a girl who becomes a bodyguard to a guy and they fall in love. More than that, he’s being stalked, harassed etc because he’s upset a powerful person. There are loads of similarities. It’s hard to make sure that you’re not making elements too similar with just the wiki.

2 Likes

For one: they met as kids but he doesn’t remember. Two: they do anger really dangerous men.

2 Likes

My apologies :slight_smile: Those do sound quite similar now that you’ve listed it all out. Perhaps next time it would help to make a comment exactly like that one as a way to show the OP what you mean.

Curious that they don’t mention the whole ‘met as kids’ situation in the synopsis…Now that I look at it more, it seems that whoever wrote it out on Wiki hasn’t any idea what a synopsis actually is (the number one rule for a Synopsis: ‘There are no such thing as spoilers’). Huh. :thinking:

Thank you for the correction, anyway!

1 Like

wait that actually happens in the show

you know what screw it i’m not gonna write it, I don’t want someone charge me of something for copyright.

No! You have loads of room to make it different! In the show, they spend ages trying to work out who’s trying to hurt him and he starts to slowly fall for her. She gets kidnapped by bad evil person and he tries to save her, but can’t. In the end, she saves them both because she’s worried about him. Also, there’s a police officer love interest they’re working with

1 Like

Yes, Sencha is absolutely right.

At some point, we will always come up with ideas that may have already been done/published. See this as an opportunity to make an even better story. If you take time to look into the other stories you can see how they worked around the same themes/subplots/events/characters, and then you’ll know exactly how to change the story and make it completely yours.

Do you thinkthe famous Lord of the Rings trilogy ever stopped any writer from writing fantasy tales with elves, wizards and dragons? It certainly did not stop JKR and her Harry Potter saga. She has several similar details most definitely inspired by LOTR but she still made it into her own tale.

Do not lose hope, Jessie. If you feel very strongly about your story, do not the fear of being sued for copyright stop you. So long as your story tells it differently, with different plot twists, different actors and different results…you should be fine :slight_smile:

1 Like

Exactly. It’s always good when someone points out the similarities with other things that exist. That way you have a chance to give something different to the world of media!