We need to stand up! - Let's talk about the lack of communication between the Episode team and us!

The problem is you can disagree without gaslighting someone and telling them to leave it’s that simple u could have just said u don’t agree and moved on but felt that u needed to tell people to stop expressing themselves and just stop playing like we don’t know it’s an option already

2 Likes

I felt like i wanted to express an opinion and if you don’t agree with it that okay but to look down on someone because of their opinion is petty

4 Likes

To be honest, I really don’t like it how they ruined (at least almost) any form of discussion. Whether it is discussing about their rules or stating our opinions on some issues (regarding and not regarding Episode). When they see someone else disagreeing with their actions or rules, they just close his thread. Besides, I don’t understand why they added another rule not allowing us to open threads like unpopular opinions and rant threads.

And don’t get me started with the whole flagging thing. I don’t know how many people here use the flagging system, but there were times when I saw some posts that were flagged for no reason, which I find it very childish and stupid. And of course some of the mods here use the flagging system - sometimes their flagging is fair and sometimes it isn’t.
I remember a mod here flagged a post of mine as inappropiate on an update thread, and I didn’t say anything that could be considered as inappropiate.

You remember when I said that they ruined (at least almost) any form of discussion?
Well, I opened a thread about the flagging issue and stated my opinion on it, and I bet some of you might agree with me that there’s an abuse on the flagging system, and the thread was closed by a mod without even telling me why. And after ShanniiWrites was suspended, I wrote an open letter to Episode about them banning her from the whole platform and removing her stories (which didn’t contain anything that violated the guidelines), 'cause banning her from the forum was enough. More than enough. And guess what? The thread got shut down becuase it was “a bullying/harassment again Episode” :unamused::roll_eyes:. It’s really pathetic.

Some people here might not want to admit it, but it’s silencing. Also, someone here opened a thread asking people to stop silencing ink fans and a mod here closed the thread when saying that “no one in the community gets silenced for stating opinions that don’t violate the rules”. Like, seriously? :woman_facepalming:t4: Regardless of ink fans, there are people here who try to silence others who don’t think like them. It’s just some of them just try to sugarcoat it. Again, it’s silencing people, whether you’d like to say/admit it or not.

I don’t hate Episode or its team, but they did some things that I personally disagree on.

9 Likes

She said leave the app and boycott the app to get noticed. Where did she say leave the app if you’re not happy and stop expressing yourselves? I felt she also gave a suggestion. If you felt that her suggestion wasn’t a great one which by the way I don’t think it’ll make that much of a difference since that’s what people are doing anyway and still nothing is getting done, you could’ve just said that.

8 Likes

Exactly and i respect that you don’t share my opinion

3 Likes

I agree.

I respect your opinion and i also gave you mine. Simple.

Exactly! They silence everyone who they think it’s “treatening” or saying something “against” Episode. I’m tired of that a and I wanted that us, as a community, did something to stop this disrescpect and make them see they can’t silence us! We need to stay together and show them what we ALL want and think!

1 Like

Never said you didn’t…

2 Likes

Yeah, I know. But I just wanted to clear that out.:blush:

The problem is one that suggestion does work and two a lot of episodes sheep (that shall not be named but know who they are) are always ready to try to shut people up by telling them to just stop using the app and stop speaking up

1 Like

Well maybe it does or maybe doesn’t, that’s your opinion. My point was that she was not shutting your opinions down. She gave a suggestion and you took it the wrong way so I was clearing that up.

2 Likes

I have defended Episode but I don’t think they’re gods and I know full well that they are making a lot of mistakes. But I feel that people are going too far back in Instagram with their messages including making hate accounts. I get the outcry but hating won’t solve anything. I believe good and honest criticism will.

4 Likes

Also, 5% of the guidelines are new. Literally most of it has already been there since the beginning guys. What people are disagreeing on is the 5% that was added and because the guidelines will be re-enforced now. Honestly this would’ve never happened if everyone including Episode followed the guidelines. But I could see that especially the most popular authors didn’t follow it and the Romance section was spiralling out of control with some stories containing seriously 18+ mature content. Like s*x on screen. I’m 18 and seeing characters having a sexual intercourse still disturbs me to the core. But the guidelines are way stricter on that now so I’m glad for THAT part.

4 Likes

I totally agree. :heart:

2 Likes

This is what I was talking about. Instead of trying to talk with the community and sort out all tge problems that are going around, they decide to shut us down and silence us. That’s why I’m trying to make something to change their posture towards us as a community.

2 Likes

And I’m so sorry to hear that that happened to your friend. This is one of the problems I’m tired about Episode and I want them to listen to us and understand our opinions. But I feel so sad and desperate because it looks like they never listen and end up silencing us.

3 Likes

It breaks my heart to see them do things like that. But they continue doing that, thinking that they’re doing the right thing. But I’m tired and sick of this posture and I want to make them understand their wrong action is some way.

1 Like

In my opinion whatever said about Episode, is not true.

Episode isn’t creating any drama, never has. They never threatened us with disrespect. Never. They do listen to us. In fact- that’s why we’re getting new mature app! That’s why we get special outfits/animations/features from a wishlist every week. That’s why they often share forms with us to get our opinions.

If you have any question, doubt, contact our admins @Sydney_H or @Nick if it’s about forum, or @Tyler if it’s about the app. They answer. They’re sincere. And they help.
Yes, they’re very busy currently, but we need to be patient. :heart:

6 Likes

Topic closed for review