We need to stop romanticinzig mafia!

Same for me too! I was around the age of 10 when I got it

3 Likes

I know!
I can’t understand why episode promotes these stories because it’s not okay. I read a few episode mafia stories once (for gems, i hate romance stories personally) and they all give me the same romanticised crap. Like the MC is always “but he’s/she’s so hot”, and the mafia leader is like, “she’s not like other girls” or “don’t worry I’m not gonna kill anyone anymore now that I’m with you” Bullsh*t.
(sorry if i ranted too much, i’ve been wanting to say all this for like forever)

10 Likes

I’ve been saying this about mafia stories since I had this app years ago. ‘Mafia romance’ ain’t cute or sexy, the reality of it all is messed up and the stories overall are overused. I can only imagine how many more stories are gonna get written now with 365 days.

8 Likes

whAT? nOt All mAfIA bOSsEs ArE sMoCKinG hOt yOUng GuyS?! :woozy_face::scream:

:roll_eyes:

Thank you for making it obvious. Maybe someone will finally open their eyes.

7 Likes

THANK YOUUUUUU!!! Like honestly I agree with you 1000%.

4 Likes

Gand leaders won’t turn sweet and goody two shoes for a random girl and WONT FREAKING kIdnAp tHeM aNd tHeN fAlL iN lOvE aNd hAvE a hApPy fAmIlY wItH sOmE fReAkInG bAbIEs- :eye::lips::eye: 13 year olds must have read stories like these and think that its okay to romanticize them, It creates a mindset to young children that its normal, when its clearly not. And never say, tHeY aRe jUsT pIxElS- stories arent just pixels, they can reflect upon our point of view of seeing diffrent things.

sooo not all mafia leaders are schmexy and hot, and please stop romanticizing them.

did i just say “young children” when im 13 myself i- :eye::lips::eye:

12 Likes

YAAAAASSSS GURL I FEEL UUUU

like I cant tell you how many times ive seen mafia stories on episode and its getting annoying :roll_eyes:

I dont mean to offend anyone but it’s ALWAYS white people in it and their is barely any diversities in these stories

this causes people to make stereotypes on only Italians or other countries as well because only their race is being portrayed in these stories

9 Likes

Good example!

2 Likes

Yeah. I hate especially when ALL Italian characters of any story have to do with MaFiA, like, I’m Italian and I don’t have a family that is!

6 Likes

So y’all are telling me you didn’t like the chain reaction series?? :woman_facepalming:t5:

1 Like

I didn’t read it, and I’ll never do it if there’s mafia romance :))

If you get offended, don’t, I’m just too honest :))

5 Likes

Hahaha right. and you are not lonely here…I’m 14 :joy:

2 Likes

Haven’t read it, and I’m never planning to either. From what I’ve seen in screenshots, not all of us like men who treat the MC like dirt :heart_eyes_cat: :dizzy:

8 Likes

I mean no women wants to be treated like this either. All I’m asking is if you read it because it was a classic in like 2014. Chile

2 Likes

And I’m just answering lol.

5 Likes

Damn okay :ok_hand:t5:

2 Likes

Moved to Episode Fan Community since this is about Episode stories. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :wink:

2 Likes

personally, no not really. i find them offensive and repulsive

9 Likes

Thank you for your post! I think this whole “hot people can’t be criminals” thing points to a much BIGGER issue on Episode.

(This isn’t a specific example, but I’m sure there are stories like this on the app.) It’s infuriating when the LI tells the MC that he killed people (or did something criminal), and just because the LI is hOt and SeXy, they get some kind of free pass to be a bad person. Like, what?! And to add on to that, if the author wants to throw in a “villain” into the story, they are (usually) worse looking.

I really hope somewhere down the road, this STOPS BEING NORMALIZED. Kids are extremely impressionable. :sweat:

8 Likes

Exactly the MCs are always like “WhAt? HeS kIlLeD 100 pEoPlE? oH wElL iTs FiNe BeCaUsE hE hAs A sIx PaCk🤤”

9 Likes