Weather effects not working

Is it just me or have the weather effects stopped working? Both app and portal shows no weather.

1 Like

I added a weather effect for a scene in my story yesterday and it didn’t show up in the portal. I heard it only comes on the app :eyes: but it doesn’t work on both? I have no idea.

2 Likes

Maybe the new update broke Episode (again)

1 Like

I have not heard of the weather effects specifically but I have heard about other stuff that hasn’t worked so it is a probability

1 Like

I’ve checked my story and the weather effect is still working. Maybe they’ve finally added layering and it’s behind something?

2 Likes

I don’t think so. It still ain’t working for me.

It’s not just you, I’ve had the same issue for months.

2 Likes

I too don`t see this

1 Like

Okay, I experimented with my scene that is working with weather effects. It appears you need at least one overlay at 1 layer higher than any characters. I have 2 characters on layers 5 and 6, when the overlay is on layer 7 or higher, the weather effect appears, 4 or lower and it disappears.

This might help with your issue?

1 Like

But as far as I’m aware, weather effects and layering aren’t connected, and the tutorial don’t say anything about effects and layers. It was working for the longest time until a few days ago.

I’ve got the same exact issue! Just sent a ticket to Episode. Also have an issue regarding transitioning, since shade down/up doesn’t work anymore… Why can’t everything just work?? :joy::sob:

1 Like

i would use the weather effects on my portal and it would just show glitchy white specks when i would preview it…

2 Likes

Oh wait, shade up/down doesn’t work? I usually use the iris transition and the fade in/out one.

2 Likes

Yeah, I use shade and fade for my current story, but it’s like the’ve programmed shade to act like fade atm :rofl: So annoying.

1 Like

Ooh :eyes:

1 Like

I’m having the same problem, it used to work and I haven’t changed anything since and now there are no weather effects!

1 Like

my aren’t working either when I add it it shows up but in the top left corner and idk how to fix it

1 Like

It actually started working for me again :sweat_smile: