Web Preview is a Trojan?

So this morning, for the first time ever, my anti-virus program (Kaspersky) flagged the writers portal for being a trojan program and stopped it from downloading. I could still write, so I didn’t think it really mattered, but then I tried to view the web previewer and got “Downloading data…(5142948/5142948)” and a gray space where the web previewer normally is.

I tried to fight it out with Kaspersky, but there’s just no option for me to white list Episode or tell it that it’s wrong. I’m using Chrome, if that matters. I don’t know what to do here. I can use my phone to review but I really prefer the web previewer, so if anyone has any ideas for how to get it back, I’m all ears.

Thanks!

Just out of curiosity, why can’t you whitelist Episode? It should be in the settings (something along these lines: https://support.kaspersky.com/7276 but perhaps slightly different as your program is most likely a more updated version). Let me know what you think and maybe we can solve this thing together! : )

I couldn’t because I couldn’t figure out how. I don’t really know how to use Kaspersky that well, but it does its job on its own and it’s never been an issue before so I just. Let it do it’s thing.

I have no idea how to white list a site. I can turn off private browsing and anti-banner, but I can’t find anything that says anti-spy.

Hello @Rosalind! This is Camelost and we welcome you to the Episodes Forum! If you have an issue, please submit a ticket here and our support team will be happy to help you! Thanks and have a good day :sunglasses:

Don’t worry man, I use Web Previewer on Chrome and no download. They’re most likely downloading your script into the Web Preview system. I had Kaspersky and I found they are unreliable and they’re the popups I have to worry about on my computer.

My dad picked it up and I’ve never gotten a virus so I figure it works, it’s just over zealous. I submitted a ticket, so so hopefully someone can help me out and I’ll be able to get it back.