Wedding Spot Direction Help

Hi guys I few days ago I asked for some help with a wedding scene. Still waiting for that help.

So I am using the EXT.BEACH WEDDING - DAY, in zone 2, zoom reset.
I have 6 characters on scene straight away. Characters are Kate the Celebrant, Danny the Best Man, Mark the Groom, Mr and Mrs Willis and Mrs Henderson. After a few moments I then have 3 more characters enter the scene, MC the Bridesmaid, Tasha the Bride and her father Mr Henderson.

I would like to be able to fit all 9 characters on screen so I can play out the wedding scene of how it is suppose to be. So my questions are; how to spot direct all 9 characters in their correct order, how do I have MC, Tasha and Mr Henderson walk onto scene at the bottom of the screen and are there any cool zooms I can do? Basically I want it to be as realistic as it can be.

Please reply, even if you don’t know but you know of someone who can help, tag them! It shows you have respect!

1 Like

I think you have to use layers.

There has to be someone out there than can help me with spot directing, I know we are all over the globe so we have different time zones but surely there is someone?!!

So in the time I asked for help, I gave it a good old go at it and I have a script here waiting for someone to say yes I will help you so I then can send a PM cause the script is quite long, I don’t think I am achieving what I want out of the scene which is why I need the help.

P.s I can see how many people view it so I know you are reading it, and as I said if you don’t know then maybe someone does that you know.

I can help?

1 Like

Oh thank you thank you, at last someone.
Here is the script, its not all of the scene yet…
EXT. WINERY WEDDING - DAY
sound ext_weddingceremony_sunset
@cut to zone 2
@DANNY changes into DANNY_Best Man
@MARK changes into MARK_Wedding Suit
@TASHA changes into TASHA_Wedding Gown
@YOU changes into YOU_Bridesmaid
@MR WILLIS changes into MR WILLIS_default
@MRS WILLIS changes into MRS WILLIS_default
@MRS HENDERSON changes into MRS HENDERSON_default
@MR HENDERSON changes into MR HENDERSON_default
@KATE changes into KATE_Celebrant
@zoom on 0 0 to 100% in 0
&KATE spot 0.164 158 434 AND KATE faces right
&KATE moves to layer 0
&MARK spot 0.164 178 424 AND MARK faces right AND MARK is idle_rear
&MARK moves to layer 1
&MR WILLIS spot 0.210 280 395 AND MR WILLIS faces right AND MR WILLIS is idle_rear
&MR WILLIS moves to layer 2
&DANNY spot 0.164 211 424 AND DANNY faces left
&DANNY moves to layer 1
&MRS WILLIS spot 0.200 263 395 AND MRS WILLIS faces right AND MRS WILLIS is idle_rear
&MRS WILLIS moves to layer 2
&MRS HENDERSON spot 0.200 19 395 AND MRS HENDERSON faces left AND MRS HENDERSON is idle_rear
&MRS HENDERSON moves to layer 2
@pause for a beat
@YOU walks to spot 1.046 118 105 in 3
@YOU moves to layer 3
@YOU is idle_rear
@pause for a beat
@YOU walks to spot 0.158 116 428 in 8 AND YOU faces left AND YOU does it while walk_neutral_loop_rear THEN YOU faces right
@YOU moves to layer 1
@pause for a beat
&MR HENDERSON walks to spot 1.127 118 105 in 4 AND MR HENDERSON faces right
&MR HENDERSON moves to layer 3
&TASHA walks to spot 1.046 196 105 in 4 AND TASHA faces right THEN TASHA faces left
&TASHA moves to layer 3
@pause for 1
&MR HENDERSON starts kiss_cheek_give AND TASHA starts kiss_cheek_receive
@speechbubble is 147 316 to 75% with tail_top_left
MR HENDERSON (talk_reassure_neutral)
You look so beautiful my darling girl!
@MR HENDERSON is admire_happy
@speechbubble is 252 304 to 89% with tail_top_left
TASHA (talk_smile_happy_loop)
Thank you Daddy.
@TASHA is blush_shy
MR HENDERSON (talk_handsopen_happy_loop)
Are you ready?
@MR HENDERSON is idle_handsonhips_neutral_loop
@TASHA is listen_nod_happy_loop
@TASHA is idle_happy_loop
@MARK faces left
&MR HENDERSON is idle_rear AND TASHA is idle_rear
&TASHA walks to spot 0.158 137 424 in 8 AND TASHA faces right AND TASHA does it while walk_neutral_loop_rear THEN TASHA moves to layer 1 AND MR HENDERSON walks to spot 0.183 123 406 in 8 AND MR HENDERSON faces left AND MR HENDERSON does it while walk_neutral_loop_rear THEN MR HENDERSON moves to layer 2
&TASHA is idle_rear
@MR HENDERSON is idle_rear
@pause for a beat
@MR HENDERSON walks to spot 0.220 25 395 in 3 AND MR HENDERSON faces left AND MR HENDERSON is idle_rear AND MR HENDERSON moves to layer 2
@MARK spot 0.164 171 424 AND MARK faces left
@MARK moves to layer 1
@DANNY spot 0.164 194 427
@DANNY moves to layer 1
@TASHA spot 0.158 142 425 AND TASHA faces right
@TASHA moves to layer 1
@YOU spot 0.158 122 428
@YOU moves to layer 1
@KATE spot 0.164 158 434
@KATE moves to layer 0

Okay, and where do you need help with? What do you want me to do

Well does it look right, it doesn’t look neat and tidy. Oh and I did mean to add before that I was hoping to have the camera zoom in as the bride and father are walking down the aisle, like they are following them so when she arrives at the alter the camera is already on a close up of the bridal party, and slow enough so the camera catches the mother of the bride’s animation. When I did do it the camera was zoomed in on the bride’s bum.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.