Weird glitch while removing character?

I want my character to teleport (in this case to be removed) and an overlay to rotate in her hand before she does, because she has magic. After the overlay finishes rotating, my character stands still for a few seconds, and so does the overlay. I want them to be removed while/immediatly after the overlay finishes rotating. I tried changing stuff, but it’s still clitchy when the character gets removed. Could anyone please help me with this?

huh

try to use an @ on line 596 rather than an &

It still doesn’t work, the character and the overlay keep standing there for 3-4 seconds.:frowning_face:

Try putting it like this:

&overlay BLUE MAGIC CIRCLE rotates 360 anchor point 0.5 0.5 in 1.5 loop 3 times
@remove CHARM BARLOW and overlay BLUE MAGIC CIRCLE opacity 0 in 0.5

Hope it works

It kind of works? The character immediately disappears when the overlay STARTS rotating, but when the overlay rotates, it moves to another spot. And after it finishes rotating, the overlay gets removed.

This is what I have at the moment, and I tried to change it in many ways. It’s still glitchy.

Maybe try replacing the & with @

Still doesn’t work, the circle keeps shifting to another spot but the character and the overlay disappear on time.

What zone do you want it to rotate in?

In zone 1.

Maybe try changing the anchor point? :woman_shrugging:

Do you have any suggestions to which anchor point I should change it?

Try both 1 1 and 0 0

I tried it. The overlay keeps moving to the spot it shouldn’t move to. And then it rotates in the anchor point i changed it to there.:joy:

Can you show me the script with the lines where you placed the overlay in the spot you want it to be in pls?

Here you go:

INT. BLUE CARPET STAIRCASE - DAY with STAIRCASE RAILING 2 with BLUE MAGIC CIRCLE

@zoom on 226 81 to 270% in 0
&cut to zone 1

&overlay BLUE MAGIC CIRCLE opacity 0
&overlay STAIRCASE RAILING 2 opacity 0
@overlay 5955322191020032_BLUE MAGIC CIRCLE shifts to 141 259 in 0
@overlay 5955322191020032_BLUE MAGIC CIRCLE scales to 0.365 0.365 in 0
&overlay STAIRCASE RAILING 2 shifts to -43 1 in zone 1 AND overlay STAIRCASE RAILING 2 scales to 1.387 1.387 in zone 1 AND overlay STAIRCASE RAILING 2 moves to layer -5

Overlays will shift slightly when being rotated. Best option, put @overlay BLUE MAGIC CIRCLE rotates 10 anchor point 0.5 0.5
And make sure you put a pause in your script such as
NARRATOR
Pause here
Then you can shift your overlay to where you want it. Paste the shift numbers into the script.
&overlay MAGIC BLUE BALL shifts to x y in 0
@overlay MAGIC BLUE BALL rotates 360 anchor point 0.5 0.5 in 1.5 loop 3 times

1 Like

Give this a read too as looping rotations are finicky! Good luck :smiling_face:

1 Like

I change the opacity of my overlay from 0 to 1 when I need it/ am going to use it in the scene, when is it the best time to change it in the script?

You can put it anywhere within the overlay commands, you just need to out &overlay OL opacity 1 in 0 right before you need it.

Thank you! The overlay is now rotating at its normal spot, but now it’s back to the first problem. It takes 3-4 seconds before the character and the overlay get removed. Do you know how to fix this?:sweat_smile: