Weird Parent Quirks :D

Let’s play a game! :smiley:

Everyone types in really weird or annoying things your parents/family members do, that are either really funny or really bother you for whatever reason.

I’ll start:

I could say literally any phrase and a song with those lyrics would immediately come to my mom’s head, then she starts randomly singing it. :expressionless:
One time I said “Stop,” and my mom started singing:
“STOP. In tHe nAme oF lOoOve…!!!”
This is one of my biggest parent pet peeves. :expressionless:

Then there’s my dad. Whenever we eat dinner, he’ll eat EVERYTHING on everyone else’s plate. You know the whole “are you done with that” or “still eating” thing? Yup. Sometimes we won’t even ask and just grab sh**.

Not to mention, he tells dumb stories about his childhood that everyone’s already heard 20 times WHILE he’s eating off everyone else’s plates.

I live in a fun household. :grin:

16 Likes

Me: We’re late.
My mom: Oh well, let’s stop by insert place here
Me: Bruh we’re late meaning we should hurry.
My mom: Let’s spend two hours doing absolutely nothing then blame you for us being late.

10 Likes

Omg total mom move :joy:

4 Likes

“You are getting tall” :expressionless: I am a small b*tch btw so it annoying especially because a teacher had mistaken me for a S1 I am an S3 so two years a difference, that just proves I am small :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

That’s so funny. Before I had my growth spurt I was only 2-inches taller than my little brother, who’s 2 years younger than me. So everyone we ran into in public would ask “aRe thEy tWins?” and it got annoying quickly :joy:
Not a parent quirk but just throwing it out there :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

My sister is two years older than me and people swear we’re twins :skull: I’m taller and honestly I don’t even think we look alike. We have different dads.

8 Likes

OMG that would have been annoying, It was my first day of a new timetable and it didn’t tell me what classroom we were in so I went into the first entrance of music (there are two) and he comes out his classroom asks me what I am looking for, I say my class and he says S1 is in the class next to me and I am like no I am looking for Ms harris (random name I came up with for this example) and he says she is teaching an S3 class and I am like yes exactly, my class :woman_facepalming:

4 Likes

Shouldn’t he have asked which grade you were in? :joy:

2 Likes

No he didn’t he just assumed by five foot something a*s.

2 Likes

When I said no he was questioning if I was even supposed to be in the music department. I hate being so small

2 Likes

omg idiot :rofl:

2 Likes

Should have gone to specsavers to a whole new level :rofl: (British joke so if you don’t get it I understand)

5 Likes

I love your mom already!

3 Likes

just googled it so i get it now :joy:

2 Likes

Wanted to add another :rofl: “You think you know everything just because you are young” is something my mum says every time I say something back to her, that is pretty annoying. She says I think I know everything when she says she knows what I am thinking by saying that :joy:

5 Likes

Ugh I hate it when people say that. You should say, “You’re only saying that because yOu knOw yOu’re wrOng!”

5 Likes

Me after school: can we go get McDonald
Mom: No, there’s food at home.

LIKE G0DDAMN BISH I’M HUNGRYNAKDJF

8 Likes

Oh gosh, my mom does the same thing, when I was younger — maybe 3 or 4 — I used to think she made up the songs. :joy:

5 Likes

Yooooo parents be like

2 Likes

She still does this. She purposely does it just to annoy me :joy:

2 Likes