Weird writing error

Hi! I’m trying to write my first story, and for some odd reason it won’t let me preview what I’ve written so far. My characters aren’t showing up in the preview and a small yellow sign keeps appearing next to my character placement coding lines. I’ve written them correctly, yet the warning still pops up. “Use @Character enters from X to screen Y”. And I’ve been doing just that. No spelling errors or misplacement at all.

2 Likes

What is your code? And if you click on the warning, it should take you to the problem coding line, which I could help you resolve. :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Are you capitalizing the character name?

Did you capitalize the name? it has to be all caps CHARACTER, not just the first letter. Maybe you spelled something wrong?

I did. I wrote it as “@GIANNA”. :confused:

Can you screenshot the script where the error is appearing

Could you send us the line the error occurred in?

Yep, done that. Still doing the same thing.

Gonna screenshot and share!

2 Likes

I’ve tried this coding line with and without the period at the end and switching the words around. Still not working.

@Simila100, @Lex2, @sahra.episode, @Shona4b, @Jay_Besa

2 Likes

That’s an outfit. (ADRIAN_default).

Use @ADRIAN and you should be all good. Also, remove the period after center!

2 Likes

Is his name ADRIAN_default? Then try writing it in caps.

Also, damn by those NARRATOR lines, I’m already interested in reading your story. :joy: HMU when it comes out. :kissing_heart:

4 Likes

I’ll try that!

Better try what @Simila100 said, that makes more sense now that I think about it.

2 Likes

AH! Thanks! I’ll try that.

Haha!! Thank you so much! I will do. :^)

2 Likes

Hey there @SummerG, this is Sydney the moderator. Welcome to the forum. :smiley: Moved this to Directing Helps and Tips since it looks like a coding error and not a glitch. Let me know if you try everything suggested above and it’s still acting up; we might need to submit a ticket for it then. :grin:

Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about where to correctly create topics, and feel to PM me if there are any questions. :wink:

1 Like

Hope it helped! :kissing_heart: Feel free to ask if you have any more questions.

1 Like

I agree with @Simila100. You used the outfit not the character (I’ve done it before!)

An example code would be @ADRIAN enters from left/right to screen left/right/center/upscreen left/right . always put screen whatever position. I’ve gotten sooo many errors because I am so absorbed I forget it.

Another way to do it is if you want them to walk to a certain spot you would use
@CHARACTER walks to spot 0.504 64 216 in S (s= seconds). Use the spot helper to get the spot number [ in portal, on the side of your preview screen click “directing helper” and then below it will be the will be the bubble helper, zoom and spot helper ] To add a behavior you would add **and CHARACTER does it while walk_animation_blah (<<obvi that’s not an actual animation :joy: )

I’m pretty new to all of this, good luck, though!

1 Like