Well I am screwed

Hey. So I just realized that I’m screwed, when things start to go back to normal (maybe not mask and that stuff but like school and being around people again) my routine will be so messed up. Like I played sports before covid and actually left the house. Now I dont really leave the house much and definitely aren’t around people other than my family. And my school schedule/routine is different since it’s online I wake up a hour later than before covid (since I don’t have to ride the bus) but if school opens in person I’ll have to wake up earlier and my sleep schedule is already messed up (I get about 4 hours of sleep now…) am I the only one with this problem or?

12 Likes

No you’re not. But don’t you get an option to go to school physically or not?

3 Likes

I don’t think so we are doing online at the moment but we are supposed to be going to next phase this month I think (I wouldn’t be going yet) but when we do it’s just gonna be so difficult to readjust

2 Likes

I highly recommend working on it now. Work on setting a sleep schedule for 7-8 hours of sleep every night and prepare for the likelihood of returning to school.
Plus, only sleeping 4 hours per night is detrimental to your physical health and mental well being in the long run.

9 Likes

I agree

2 Likes

Yea I will try but I genuinely can’t sleep but I will try

2 Likes

Out of no where my virtual home room teacher announced that tomorrow (Friday) that school (virtual) will start at 7:50. Like why?! Whats the point, we usually start at 9:00 am there isn’t much of a difference.

2 Likes

I am with you! If my school opened up, I would be screwed :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

You’re not alone! I have work again tomorrow after a bedtime of about 4am-2pm. My shift starts at 8am! I also suffer from mental health problems and anxiety disorders, so the change is a shock to me.

1 Like

If I were you, I’d try to go to bed 10 minutes earlier every night. Don’t just decide one day that you’re going to go to bed at 9pm when you usually go to bed at 12am. I know from experience that you won’t be able to fall asleep.

You could also start doing your before school routine again. So if you normally wear contacts at school, but not at home, you could start putting them in just to get back into the old routine. Hope this advice helped! :blob_sun:

I do have the same problem as you though. I physically can not wake up before 8:30 am and be a fully functioning human being.

3 Likes

Our school hasn’t decided about when to re open but if they re open this year then I am screwed too. But looking at the cases I don’t think they will open anytime soon.
Even I have problems with my sleeping schedule. I fall asleep till 11:45 am and wake up at 7:00 am so I can get ready for my online lectures at 8:00am it can be a total headache but I am trying to fall asleep a little earlier so I can change my sleeping schedule. You should try sleeping a little bit earlier too. :blush:

1 Like

Limit exposure to electronics an hour before bed. No TV, phone, tablet, etc.
Draw on paper, read a paper book.
Get exercise in the morning if possible.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.