Wesley’s Review Thread (CLOSED FOR CATCH UP)

DO NOT ASK FOR A REVIEW IF YOU AREN’T GOING TO LISTEN TO MY TIPS AND ADVICE. IF YOU’RE JUST FISHING FOR READS THEN PLEASE DON’T ASK FOR A REVIEW.
Hi! Since I’ve been working super hard on my own episode, I decided that I wanted to take a breather and review people’s stories :,) I will only read 3 episodes of your story, since I believe that’s a reasonable number of chapters to get a gist of someone’s story. I will tell you what I personally like, think and what you should improve on.

I am open to any genre, but I enjoy thrillers the most.
I WILL NOT READ ANY STORIES THAT CONTAINS THEMES OR MENTIONS OF SUICIDE, SELF HARM, RAPE, SEXUAL ASSAULT, OR ABUSIVE RELATIONSHIPS.
But, I will read it if it contains assault and such.

I am blunt person and I tend to not sugarcoat anything so I can come off rude without my intention to, so please don’t take it personally. I strongly do not recommend asking me for a review if you’re a very sensitive person.

ESTIMATED WAITING TIME: 1 DAY-2 WEEKS. ( Due to me being busy. )

Please do not rush me. I tend to work at a fast pace BUT pressuring me to do something will make me overwhelmed and it’ll make me not want to do yours at all.

If I really like your story, I will probably shout it out on my instagram. ;))
Please follow this format:
Title:
Author:
Description:
Genre:
Cover:
(if you have one) Instagram:
Link:

FINISHED REVIEWS

Lydia by @Syd_Ren
Temperamental by @sam.c
Clue: Without a Trace by @Problematic_Patrick
Shado by @Roy
Fault of the moon by @Moon_dream
Where the Shadows Belong by @daniepisodewriter
The perfect crime by @Steph5
I MADE THE DEVIL CRY by @Sebule
High School Rock by @Scott_Sebastian

WAITING LIST

Black Hearts And Golden Desires by @Madhu
Life in Demby by @Megz_Episode

3 Likes

Hey I’d love to get a review please :innocent:
Here’s my story !

LINK: https://www.episodeinteractive.com/s/i/6551964166455296

Story: Temperamental
Author: Sam & Renae
Genre: Romance/Drama
Style: INK
Episodes: 3
Description: Victoria Hartley will do whatever it takes to leave her past behind. What will she do when fate has other plans involving Jackson Reynolds.
Instagram: @renae.sam.epy

1 Like

Since I’m not being productive and I’m not doing anything right now, I will do your review right now!

THIS IS MY PERSONAL THOUGHTS, SO PLEASE DON’T FEEL DISCOURAGED BY YOUR STORY.

Okay first, I think you should change your description to, "A new life and family awaits you. Being enrolled in a special academy along with someone to keep an eye on you will be fun, right? (You aren’t obligated to change it to this. This is just my personal opinion.) I also don’t know what you mean by “adopted mother?” Like does that mean step-mother?

CHAPTER 1:

*Hmmm. Okay. First thing I thought was the meme, “WHY ARE YOU RUNNING?” Sorry my brain
GRAMMAR MISTAKE: “It was not going back there, I was never going home, I didn’t have anything left there to even want to.” This was an excessive use of commas. Instead, change it to, “I was never going home. There was nothing left there for me anyways.” It’s short and sweet.
GRAMMAR MISTAKE: “My heart felt heavy, knowing. I had to.” Change it to, “My heart felt heavy knowing that… I had to.”
GRAMMAR MISTAKE: “As I still ran further and further away, I realized…” Remove the word still.
GRAMMAR MISTAKE: “All I was and all I had now was me…” Okay I might be stupid but I don’t know what she means by “All I was,” But It’d make more sense to change it to, “All I had now was me.”
*Someone just popped up on the screen O.O I suggest you spot direct a character somewhere before you pan or cut to a scene.
*I suggest you don’t use “enters left” and stuff when you’re making them walk to a spot. Instead, drag them off screen first and put in the script @CHAR spot xx xx then put @CHAR walks to spot x x xx
GRAMMAR MISTAKE: “Fucking great Ell.” Put a comma before Ell so it should be, “Fucking great, Ell.”
GRAMMAR MISTAKE: “What happened yesterday with Ms. Moon? No one seen you come down for dinner and you didn’t leave your room all day or night…” Seen should be saw.
*LMAO WHEN LYDIA JUST STARED AT HER I STARTED LAUGHING
GRAMMAR MISTAKE: “I’ll tell you… Not sure how you and everyone didn’t hear what she said, she was yelling at me.” This sounds really… wordy… So change it to, “I’ll tell you. Not sure how you guys didn’t hear anything when she was yelling at me.”
GRAMMAR MISTAKE: “Chill out, would you woman?” Add a comma before woman since you are referring to someone.
*If I were Lydia, I’d of walked the hell away from Ms. Moon LOL. I don’t have the time to be yelled at.
GRAMMAR MISTAKE: “I went to make sure you all were in your beds where YOU BELONG and YOU MY DEAR… WERE NOT THERE!!” Add a comma before the 2nd you, so it’d be “you, my dear.”
GRAMMAR MISTAKE: “I wanted to go for a midnight stroll through the park?” Ok, I get what you mean by this but the wording is odd. So change it to, “I went to go for a midnight stroll through the park?”
*Damn Ms. Moon needs to calm down O.O
GRAMMAR MISTAKE: You’ll be 18 in a couple of weeks Lydia." Add a comma before Lydia.
*You used a pose animation which was somewhat odd.
GRAMMAR MISTAKE: “THAT’S FINE! I DIDN’T WANNA KEEP STAYING HERE ANYWAY!” Change it to, “THAT’S FINE! I DIDN’T WANT TO LIVE HERE ANYWAYS!”
*I recommend making the other character who isn’t talking doing an animation while the other character is talking so they aren’t sitting there doing nothing. Ms. Moon was standing there frozen after she did the animation when she was talking. So maybe make them do an idle animation or something that reacts to the other character’s dialogue.
GRAMMAR MISTAKE: “I could see her face boil over with rage.” Change it to, “I can see her face boil with rage.”
*I’m not sure but it doesn’t cut immediately to a scene? Did you put cut to zone 3 at the start of the script?
GRAMMAR MISTAKE: “Ell, I’m gonna head out for a bit and get some fresh air, I’ll be back soon so you won’t have to cover for me.” Change the comma before I’ll to a period.
*I relate to Lydia sneaking out the window… Smh at myself.
GRAMMAR MISTAKE: “Ms Moon said she didn’t want me to come out of our room till it was time for me to leave remember?” Add a comma before remember.
GRAMMAR MISTAKE: “After I snuck out the window and shimmied my body down the 2 story drop, once I landed on my feet, I ran as fast out of sight of the orphanage.” Change it to, “After I snuck out the window and shimmied my body down the two story house, I ran as fast as I could out of sight of the orphanage.”
*Honestly, I’m concerned on how she climbed down a two story house?
GRAMMAR MISTAKE: “I checked what time it was almost 11 PM.” Change it to, “I checked what time it was and it was almost 11 PM!” (Exclamation point is optional if she’s surprised at the time."
*The scene when she went to the park was… short? It was like 5 lines of narration and then she decided to head back.
*You used a pose animation again, which looked odd.
*WHY DOES A WHITE MAN HAVE A BLACK SELECTIVE HAIRSTYLE!?!? CULTURE APPROPRIATION?! PLEASE CHANGE THAT.
GRAMMAR MISTAKE: You’re lucky I’m in a good mood, so why don’t you give us that bag of your and you can be on your way." Change your to yours.
GRAMMAR MISTAKE: She’s pretty cute though, you don’t need to go anywhere just yet I think I wanna have some fun with her." Change it to, “She’s pretty cute though. She doesn’t need to go anywhere just yet, I want to have some fun with her.”
GRAMMAR MISTAKE: Really? I’m underage you idiots." Add a comma before you idiots.
*Does he have a split personality disorder… I was taken back by the sudden mood swing.
*dAMN I want to kick that white dude to the middle of next year.
GRAMMAR MISTAKE: “I got punched so hard seen felt a light flash before my eyes, like I think I legitimately seen stars.” Change it to, “I saw a light flash right before my eyes after he punched me along with traces of stars.”
GRAMMAR MISTAKE: “I actually felt like I wanted to lye down and just pass out, but then I heard my Dads voice in my head saying,” Change it to, “I honestly just wanted to lie down and pass out until I heard my dad’s voice in my head saying,” Dad doesn’t need to be capitalized.
*I think it’s weird for the Thug to be just sitting there in the fighting position the whole time she’s narrating.
*Woah, they were face to face for a hot minute…
*LMAO WHERE IS THE OTHER THUG LIKE WHAT IS HE DOING WHILE HIS FRIEND IS GETTING KNOCKED OUT
*He had a gun the whole time… Like if I were him, I’d of just shot Lydia the second she started throwing hands at my friend.
GRAMMAR MISTAKE: “You’re dead little girl.” Add a comma before little.
*THE THUG SHOT HER BUT NOTHING HAPPENED TO LYDIA? IS LYDIA IMMORTAL?
*I don’t know why you capitalized man in those sentences.
*That was an awkward interaction with that random girl and Lydia.
*In this entire scene after the interaction with the random lady, Lydia’s speech bubbles should of been in the thought bubbles.
*Since this is more of an English lesson rather than a review, I strongly recommend you to reread your work and maybe find a proofreader? Remember to capitalize nouns and to add commas before a name you’re referring a person to or a name.
*Remember to add periods at the end of each sentence also.
*She just popped up in the screen again O.O
*For the scene with Ms. Moon shouting at Lydia across the house, maybe you could change it to the narrator speech bubble.
SPELLING MISTAKE: “She is still eligable for adoption.” Change eligable to eligible.
*Remember to use an idle animation after a looping animation when they’re done talking!
*I think Lydia has mommy issues >.>
*How in the ungodly hell did Pearl track down Lydia without any information of her?
*“I haven’t lived in a house in 3 years.” Lydia baby, weren’t you living in a house before?
CHAPTER 2:
*E-erase her memory? Pearl, what kind of drugs are you on!?
*Spy, okay that makes sense since she was practically stalking Lydia.
*Dear doesn’t need to be capitalized.
*How did Pearl know that Lydia is a good fit to be a spy…This whole thing lowkey happened really quickly.
*Damn right Pearl knew how to leave someone confused as hell!
*Okay Lydia just went from small to smaller to big when she was walking, which was weird.
*HOW DID LYDIA JUST SUDDENLY MAKE 3 FRIENDS.
*Tate and Lydia just slid 5 inches before they bumped into each other.
*Tate kinda cute though O.O
*This whole interaction with Tate and Lydia was… weird. And that was definitely the infatuation kicking in for them both.
*M-MOM??? INCEST??? DO NOT TELL ME TATE IS THE LOVE INTEREST AND HE’S GOING TO DATE HIS STEP-SISTER.
CHAPTER 3:
*Spencer kinda cute too O.O
*Oh lord have mercy, don’t tell me Tate thinks his own step-sister is hot.
*I’d die for sushi.
*Pearl stopping her car to stalk a random girl O.O
*I liked how we are able to see Lydia and Tate’s thoughts.
*THE OUTFIT NAMES LMAO “DRESS LIKE HALSEY.”
*Tate’s behavior and personality is inconsistent. He was an ass in the other episode and now he’s suddenly nice and flirting with Lydia?
*This whole step-siblings relationship is making me super uncomfortable.
*Princess? He was calling her rude names in the last episode. Either Tate turned over a new leaf overnight or…
*Their relationship feels forced and rushed. They went from being enemies to friends and flirting way too quickly.
*CULTURE APPROPRIATION AGAIN. WHY IS SHE WEARING A SARI.

Okay, I decided that I only wanted to do 3 chapter for reviews simply because I don’t have enough time to read 5 chapters, so I’m sorry. My final notes is to ease the story out. It’s too fast. Your story has a lot of potential, but your characters are inconsistent. I also recommend you do research on what “culture appropriation” is. Personally, I do not like stories where a step-sibling is a love interest. One thing I do to improve my writing or to get inspiration is to read, watch movies, shows, and even read other episodes! Movies and shows give you a gist of how relationships should naturally flow.

Heya, I’d love a review if you have time :relaxed: I think it’d especially help me if you listed out specific sentences that could be improved like you did with Lydia but you don’t need to if you don’t want to :sparkling_heart: (Also, if you have trouble with any of the minigames, just let me know and I’ll let you know how to get past it. I’m only really saying this cuz there are one or two that were hard for a few people.)

Title: Clue: Without a Trace
Author: Problematic_Patrick
Description: One by one, your friends are going missing. Can you and your friends uncover who is behind it before you are next?
Genre: Mystery
(if you have one) Instagram: @Problematic_Patrick
Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5141884242821120

Covers

1 Like

Thanks for the thread!
Here’s mine…

Title: Shado
Author: Roy
Description: After tragedy, Roy returns to civilization a changed women. She begins her crusade, determined to put things right, with the help of her trusted people,waging a one-woman on crime
Style: Ink
Chapters: 5 and ongoing
Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5108744574074880

Shado_S9_posterThumb_cEh8zzozgE

1 Like

Title : Fault of the moon
Ganre : romance
Style : limelight
Episodes : 8 (more coming soon)
Description : Is one legend enough to make you fall in love? Will you meet? Will someone try to destroy you?
There are timed choices and points system. Choices matter
Author : Moon :crescent_moon:
IG: anna_blossom_episode

Cover

Thank you :innocent::wink::heart:

1 Like

Hey! I would love for you to review my story! :blush: Thank you so much and I hope you like it! :black_heart:

Here’s my story:
Name: Where the Shadows Belong
Author: Dani
Instagram: daniepisodewriter
Genre: Fantasy/Adventure
Episodes: 3
Description: Alexia has known the demon world for as long as she remembers, but still, her life was simple until she decided to join supernatural hunters. And you? Are you willing to join them?
Style: Limelight
Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5012355304456192

2 Likes

Hello! I am a new author on episode and i would love to get feedback!
p.s: I know the episodes are a bit short , working on the length for the upcoming ones!
Title: The perfect crime
Author: steph
Description: The perfect crime does not exist… RIGHT?!
Find the clues, solve the case, and find the killer … before he kills YOU!
choices matter in this story!
Genre: Mystery
Cover: image
(if you have one) Instagram: stephanieee.episode
Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/6444735233327104

1 Like

Thanks for the thread!
Here’s mine…

Title: Shado
Author: Roy
Description: After tragedy, Roy returns to civilization a changed women. She begins her crusade, determined to put things right, with the help of her trusted people,waging a one-woman on crime
Style: Ink
Chapters: 5 and ongoing
Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5108744574074880

Shado_S9_posterThumb_cEh8zzozgE

Hi.
I would love a review, thank you!
IG is @complicatedperson6

1 Like

Title: High School Rock (Limelight Reboot)
Author: Scott Sebastian
Description: High school Rock is just around the corner. Join Scott and Caroline for their new adventure in Adelaide’s special school, Forest High.
Genre: Comedy, Drama, Romance, adventure (partly)
Cover:

(if you have one) Instagram: scott_sebastian_episode
Link: https://www.episodeinteractive.com/write/story/High_School_Rock_Volume_1_DH

1 Like

May i get a review?
This is my first one and English is not my first language. I have tried my level best to avoid grammatical errors. I hope you enjoy reviewing it. The details are below.

Story details

Story Title: Black Hearts, Golden Desires
Genre: Fantasy
Description: Nand is a princess of Solataria, along with her better two halves, her sisters. But what will happen if an old enemy arises back for revenge? Will Nand be able to handle it?
Chapter: 8
Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5019562149478400

cover

Cover:

1 Like

Title: Life in Demby
Author: Megz_episode
Description: The new students arrive in the university of Demby to start their new life. What will happen when the mysterious Author try to draw them into his sick, twisted game?
Genre: drama
Cover: IMG_20190617_022004_457
Instagram: megz_episode7997
Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5842077707730944
This is my newest story. I would love to hear what you think of it.

1 Like

THIS IS MY PERSONAL THOUGHTS SO PLEASE DON’T FEEL DISCOURAGED BY YOUR STORY.

Summary

CHAPTER 1:

GRAMMAR MISTAKE: “Why you ask?” Add a comma before you.
*I like the looping background and the lighting in the scene.
GRAMMAR MISTAKE: “Thank you and welcome back Miss Victoria!” Add a comma before Miss.
GRAMMAR MISTAKE: “Your father’s missed you, you know.” Remove the apostrophe s from father.
*I have a feeling Tori is that rich girl with daddy issues but she has a butler, Winston, who loves her.
GRAMMAR MISTAKE: “I bet my father’s never even thought about me once since he sent me off to that school.” Typically an apostrophe s is to show ownership. So remove it and change the sentence to, “I bet my father has never even…”
*Such vague language, Tori O.O
*Damn right that was awkward as hell, Winston.
*I think you layered Winston in the wrong spot because he was reared facing Tori getting the bags.
*3 years of boarding school we-
GRAMMAR MISTAKE: “I never have, and I never will.” Remove the comma.
*William seems like a bitch. Like those super strict dads who don’t care about their kids.
*I get the impression that something drastic happened to Tori that caused her to become who she is today.
GRAMMAR MISTAKE: “Good morning Miss Victoria.” Add a comma before Miss.
*Is the step-mother actually a whore… Or is Tori just using that term in a derogatory way…
*I like the tappable overlays for the dressing game!
*Damn that’s a lot of background characters- I can tell how much effort you put into this scene!
GRAMMAR MISTAKE: “Guy’s come on let’s just leave the poor kid alone.” Change it to, “Guy, come on. Let’s just leave the poor kid alone.”
GRAMMAR MISTAKE: “Chill Jackson were just having some fun.” Change it to, “Chill, Jackson. We are just having some fun.”
GRAMMAR MISTAKE: “Finn hold down the kid.” Add a comma before hold.
*Where are the teachers-
GRAMMAR MISTAKE: “Looks like you haven’t changed at all Colin.” Add a comma before Colin.
GRAMMAR MISTAKE: “What can I say I’m already perfect.” Add a question mark before “I’m.”
GRAMMAR MISTAKE: “Oh shut up Finn.” Add a comma before Finn.
GRAMMAR MISTAKE: “You think that’s funny kid.” Add a comma before kid and replace the period to a question mark.
GRAMMAR MISTAKE: “How about I wipe that smile off your face.” Replace the period as a question mark and add the word “of” after off.
*Colin is definitely someone I’d fight in real life O.O
GRAMMAR MISTAKE: “You should really learn to mind your own business Hartley.” Add a comma before Hartley. I’m going to stop pointing out all of the sentences where you forgot a comma before you’re referring to someone but remember to put a comma before you’re addressing someone ( if it’s at the end or a sentence of middle, ) Otherwise, It’d be a run-on sentence.
*I honestly felt Colin’s hot breath on my face in this scene when he starting pinning down Tori to the locker LOL
*Is there one teacher in the whole school and where did she come from… Like where was she when this whole thing was taking place?
*I don’t really understand why Tori went to boarding school for 3 years or the whole thing in general. Does that mean she got held back for 3 years which makes her behind now? Was she a freshmen when she started boarding school so she’s a senior now?
GRAMMAR MISTAKE: “Your lucky Mr. Brown isn’t pressing charges.” Change your to you’re.
*If someone laid their hands on my kid, I’d throw hands.
*I get the impression that Catherine is that girl who is Queen Bee of the school
*SHE SAID EW TO A YAWN… I’D FIGHT EVERYBODY AT THI SCHOOL AT THIS POINT
*How is Tori passing if she just sleeps in all of her classes?
*Wait their school has a restaurant? O.O
*Damn right. Talk shit, get hit.
*I’ve a feeling Hiroto and Tori had a fling or something
*You can cut this tension with a knife!
*Aisha, are those fighting words, ma’am… >.>
*The cigarette falling down was slow, maybe consider making that slightly faster?
CHAPTER 2:
*I’d of blocked that number so damn quick!
*They’re allowed to leave the campus during school? I know some schools allow that but mine doesn’t lol
*T-TEN LAPS?!! THOSE ARE DEFINITELY FIGHTING WORDS
*Why and how did they bump into each other? Like did Tori not see him in the distance or was she deep in thought…
*The person who slapped her ass must be sonic or something.
*Wesley ;D He has the same name as lil ole’ me
*They both got sent to the principal’s office for arguing? If they started fighting then I’d understand, but for arguing?
*Mr. Gray is inside Darius. Like literally.
GRAMMAR MISTAKE: “In my defense Victoria was the one who decided to initiate the fight first.” Add a comma before Victoria.
*They got detention for arguing? I don’t understand why they got punished for just a little misunderstanding.
*I like how she walked into the room before she talked to Mary! I don’t know if that makes sense but like the overlays and stuff.
*And I oop- I hope her nose got broken.
*Very relatable, Tori. Except I don’t leave my bed at all.
*She put a band aid over her nose OH LORD she’s so dramatic
*William is such an ass! Picking his wife over his biological daughter smh.
*Diana is super manipulative and fake, gross. I’d hate to have her as my step-mom.
*Please tell me Gwen and Aisha are dating. I can sense the gayness radiating from them two.
*How in the world did they get in a bar when they’re high schoolers- Like how old are they? Did they not get checked for an id… I understand Episode is fictional but typically stories that aren’t fantasy NEED realism.
*HOW ARE THEY AT A BAR WHEN THEY’RE UNDERAGE.
*I like the smoky and lights overlay at the club.
*Fun fact, Harry Style has 3 nipples, Sam
*20 shots?! The whole club scene lacked realism. 20 shots will definitely knock someone out by now AND considering their age, they’ll definitely be hungover the next day. Taking 20 shots IS possible, but that is alcohol poisoning and life threatening. And the fact that Tori is perfectly fine after downing all of those shots is also unrealistic. What kind of hulk strength liver do these girls have?
*Ok well, about time she passed out.

CHAPTER 3:
*I like the facetiming scene. I liked how you add one spot of the scene transparent so Jackson could fit in also.
I like how you can play as Jackson and Tori.
GRAMMAR MISTAKE: “Every time I seemed to look at her she only became more alluring than before.” Change it to, "Every time I look at her, she only becomes more alluring than before.
GRAMMAR MISTAKE: “Even if there was a hundred different people in the room there was not a chance I’d miss her.” Add a comma before there.
GRAMMAR MISTAKE: “Like a magnet my eyes were instantly drawn to her and no matter what I did I could never look away.” Add a comma before my.
GRAMMAR MISTAKE: “My favorite thing about her had always been her chocolate eyes.” Change had to has, since it’s present tense.
GRAMMAR MISTAKE: “Could we talk?” Change could to can, since it’s present tense and he’s asking to talk right now.
GRAMMAR MISTAKE:
“After football? Homework? You’re job” Change you’re to your.
*If you’ve a lot on your plate then maybe a relationship isn’t for you right now, Jackson >.>
GRAMMAR MISTAKE: “Your 30 minuets late to my class Miss Hartley.” Change it to, “You’re 30 minutes late to my class, Miss Hartley.”
*LMAO You’re right, River. What is up with Tori’s outfit?
GRAMMAR MISTAKE: “Damn Hartley your breaking my heart.” Change your to you’re.
*Tori suddenly wants to pay attention in class wut
*Spare gym clothes?! Girl you’re going to smell like ass the whole day!
*I think you should specify when it’s after school or what time it is and stuff. I didn’t know it was after school until Tori had to go to detention.
*Mr. Hugh definitely likes Gossip Girls. I don’t know why but I feel like he does.
*Why does Tori want to talk to Jackson all of a sudden? Like what is making her want to talk to her? She was mad at him last episode because she accused him for slapping her ass.
GRAMMAR MISTAKE: “Thrilling isn’t it?” Add a comma before isn’t.
SPELLING MISTAKE: “Aren’t are parents informed when we have a detention?” Change are to our.
*Their friendship feels forced. It’s not natural. It’s not realistic. It’d make more sense for Tori to talk to Jackson IF Jackson apologized to her and Tori begins to feel guilty for being an ass to him. But there is no reasoning for why she wants to be friends with Jackson or why they are hanging out. It went from Jackson asking Tori, “Don’t you hate me?” and Tori saying, “Yeah, but that doesn’t mean I can’t ask for a pencil.” Or whatever they said to them hanging out. There was no build up. If I were Tori, I wouldn’t talk to him at all, unless we have a mature conversation and communicate.
*Driving without a drivers license is actually a misdemeanor and you can get a fine for it in some cases, other cases you can go to jail for s short period of time.
*I love surprises, Tori.
*Like I said, their friendship happened way too quickly. All of this doesn’t seem realistic. They went from hating each other and arguing to friends REALLY quick and there’s no reason provided why they did or why Tori even wants to be friends with Jackson.
*Ooooh I like the scene where she’s peeking out the door! The overlays in this scene was nice
*???
*The cliffhanger was nice! I will give you that.

My final notes is to remember to add commas before or after you’re addressing someone.
E.G. “Hartley, shut up.” Or “You’re stupid, Hartley.” (These are just examples.)
I like how you shifted to Tori’s and Jackson’s perspective and you were able to choose their outfits. There weren’t any choices, except the dressing games, which doesn’t really matter to me, but I know it will bother a lot of readers. The pacing for your story was quick. Sometimes that’s okay if it’s written incredibly well, but the relationship between Tori and Jackson felt forced and I didn’t feel a connection between them. But, I do like Tori’s character. She is courageous and strong, and I like that about that. Each character has a clear personality, which is nice. Other then that, I strongly recommend you slow your story down.

1 Like

THESE ARE MY PERSONAL THOUGHTS SO PLEASE DON’T FEEL DISCOURAGED BY YOUR STORY.*

First, I want to say that your description has a grammar mistake lol. Change the than in your description to who since you aren’t comparing anything.

CHAPTER 1:

GRAMMAR MISTAKE: “There’s this saying “when life gives you lemons, make lemonade” Change it to, There’s this saying, “When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.” Always add a comma before and after a quote.

GRAMMAR MISTAKE: “Meaning when life hands you a bunch of bullshit and bitterness you resist and make this life sweet and enjoyable.” Add a comma after bitterness.

*No music and sound? :frowning: They typically make a story more exciting.

GRAMMAR MISTAKE: “I don’t know what it was about this guy, but my mom loved him, and no matter how much he beat my ass my mom would turn a blind eye.” Change it to, “I don’t know what it was about this guy, but my mom loved him. No matter how much he hurt me, my mom would turn a blind eye.” I think saying the hurt part will make the tone of the narration more sad.

GRAMMAR MISTAKE: “Shut up you little bitch!” Put a comma before you.

*Also I think you could of put some type of filter to indicate that this is a flashback happening?

*I feel bad for the little girl :frowning: Judging by what the dad is wearing, I’m going to assume he’s a police officer.

*Things are super zoomed in for me? I don’t know if it’s meant to be like that

This is all I wrote UNTIL there was a scene in the story of the MC getting raped. I specifically said that I didn’t want to read any stories that contains rape or anything related to that. Thank you and have a nice day :slight_smile:

yea I need to work on adding coma’s :joy: But thank you so much for the review :innocent: I appreciate your feedback !

1 Like

You’re welcome! I’m actually open to proofreading if anybody needs it :smiley:

1 Like

Hi! I’m going to PM you your review since it’s really long :,)

1 Like

THESE ARE MY PERSONAL THOUGHTS SO PLEASE DON’T FEEL DISCOURAGED BY YOUR STORY.

Summary

CHAPTER 1:

*Right off the bat, there’s already grammar and spelling mistakes.

GRAMMAR MISTAKE: “The author highly recommending…” Change it to, “The author highly recommends…”

SPELLING MISTAKE: “Take screen shorts…” Change screen shorts to screenshots.

*Default character but with a different outfit?

*This is really… graphic and descriptive. I believe it’s against the guidelines to go into details of describing a homicide. There’s no gore or blood, it’s just really… detailed.

*I don’t really understand what’s happening.

*Remember to add periods at the end of each sentence.

*The MC is layered and faced the wrong way when she’s helping (?) the dude.

*The story so far has ONLY been narration, which is boring.

*She just popped up on the screen and the dude is walking on loop for some reason.

*”There is a very thin line between confidence and over confidence.” I think you should change over confidence to arrogance. I don’t think there’s anything wrong with being confident.

GRAMMAR MISTAKE: “Don’t mix it up Roy.” Add a comma before Roy. Add a comma before and after you’re addressing someone. I’m also not going to point out every single mistake you have related to this.

GRAMMAR MISTAKE: “Did brother has something for me?” Change has to have.

SPELLING MISTAKE: “Do u remember…” DO NOT use slang in dialogue. Change u to you.

*I don’t understand what’s happening, like I said. Like who is Jaden and where did he come from.

*They look super big in the scene outside the hotel.

*Remember to capitalize your I’s.

GRAMMAR MISTAKE: “And most important don’t…” Change important to importantly and change a comma before don’t.

*Remember to stop looping animations when they’re done talking.

*That zoom was like 6 seconds long-

*This episode was short. That was a weird place for an ending. Typically you don’t end an episode with a flashback with NO context.

*Also this whole episode hardly had any sound or music, which made it boring.

CHAPTER 2:

*”My name is ROY.” Roy doesn’t need to be in all caps.

GRAMMAR MISTAKE: “Throughout my life i have been broken and hurt.” Add a comma before I and capitalize it.

*Remember to add a period at the end of each sentence.

*There’s no context for her flashback in the last episode…?

*She’s talking with her mouth closed with talking speech bubbles.

*In the beginning of the scene at her college, she was in the walking animation for like 4 seconds before the zoom.

*You can cut to a scene instead of panning because cutting is WAY quicker than panning.

GRAMMAR MISTAKE: “It felt as if Jesus has answered…” Change has to had.

*You should make the characters do animations while they’re narrating. Watching them stay frozen the whole time after their last animation felt unrealistic.

*I don’t really like the fact we are playing from other people’s POV when they aren’t relevant to the story. Alec seems like a background character who’s just helping Roy with her laptop, so we aren’t obligated to see his thoughts on things. It’s also nice to see things from other people’s POV if they’re relevant to the plot.

*The scaling and sizing for Alex at the church was really big.

*Remember to add the characters before you pan or cut to a scene!

*I also recommend adding some type of filter to indicate a flashback is happening.

GRAMMAR MISTAKE:”All of a sudden it felt as if I…” Add a comma before it.

*I don’t understand how this scene and flashback is important to the plot. Typically you put flashbacks to continue or contradict or explain the plot.

GRAMMAR MISTAKE: “Are you thinking that you have got the license…” Remove got from the sentence.

GRAMMAR MISTAKE: “I would have come anyway…” Change come to came.

*The excessive use of punctuation marks in one sentence is annoying. For example, “Can’t we work something out???”

GRAMMAR MISTAKE: “Why don’t you keep things in there place?” I don’t know how to fix this sentence because I don’t know what it means. Maybe change it to, “Why don’t you keep things at their place?”

*The narration of the scene with Roy and Alec was actually nice! I liked it. I liked the figurative language and metaphors.

*You don’t end the episodes at a reasonable place or a cliffhanger, which doesn’t feel right to read.

CHAPTER 3:

GRAMMAR MISTAKE:”TURN UP YOUR VOLUME FOR BETTER EXPERIENCE.” Add the word a before the word better.

*I-isn’t this the same beginning as chapter 2…

*Ah, It’s a recap, I see. Maybe you should tell the readers that a recap is happening with a filter or tell them before.

*The casual flirting Alec does makes me uncomfortable because Roy clearly doesn’t feel the same… I think…

*Whenever you zoom on something or someone, it’s always really slow. I suggest you make your zooming on things a little fast.

*Also, I noticed you would pan to a scene THEN you’d walk the character to the scene. That’s when the & comes in handy.

&pan to zone 1

@CHAR walks to spot x x x x in zone 1

*Why is Alec practically stalking Roy… It seems like he’s completely infatuated by her.

*A date??? Alec doesn’t even know her, like at all.

*In the scene outside the college, Alec and Roy were in a walking animation in place for 3 seconds.

*The thing I like about this whole interaction is Roy isn’t giving into Alec’s stalker and annoying behavior.

*Alec is practically stalking her?!!!? No means no! No doesn’t mean convince me! This behavior is unacceptable and is alarming. The fact he follows her around everywhere is also alarming. I’d file a restraining order if I were Roy.

*”You talk too much. I like the silent types.” Very relatable, Roy! I hate obnoxious people.

GRAMMAR MISTAKE: “Actually, I’m silent types myself.” Change it to, Actually, I’m the “silent type” myself.

*Remember to put commas before and after you’re quoting something and quotations in general.

*I’ve no idea why Alec likes Roy so much. Just because Roy asked him if he can fixed her laptop…?

GRAMMAR MISTAKE: “Mom used to add it. For energy.” Combine these two sentences into one.

GRAMMAR MISTAKE: “Because it’s fills with lust.” Change fills to filled.

*Wait, they’re having a date? Didn’t Roy reject him like not even two scenes ago…

*There’s little to no music in the scenes that’d be MUCH better with music.

*Remember to capitalize the word at the beginning of a sentence.

*Alec OBVIOUSLY doesn’t romantically like her. He’s clearly in complete lust. He’s being a horny bastard. Maybe even a predator?!?! I’d throw him out of my house if I were Roy also.

My final notes are, the romantic aspect of the story would have been somewhat nice if you didn’t make Alec a complete stalker. His behavior towards Roy was… alarming. I would feel super uncomfortable if I had someone beg for a date every day and followed me around every where. I don’t understand the plot of the story, like at all. The beginning of chapter 1 was confusing, because there wasn’t any context of why that was happening. Is Roy a murderer? A spy? I don’t really understand. That was the only scene where Roy was in that disguise within the 3 chapters I played. In the 3 chapters, it seems like it was more focused on Alec and Roy’s weird relationship they going on. I like Roy’s character, but the flashback you put in chapter 1 was REALLY oddly placed. I don’t know why you put that flashback in without any context following in the next chapter. Overall, your narration was nice, I personally enjoyed it. Your grammar wasn’t that bad. The first half of chapter 1 was JUST narration, which was boring to read. There were also 0 choices except the dressing games, which I didn’t mind but I know a lot of people would mind. There was also little to no sound in the episode, which made the episode feel really bland. So I recommend you add more sounds and music to make your episode feel more… exciting to read.

Thanks for the feedback… I will definitely keep in mind what you said…

1 Like