What am I doing wrong? Coding help needed ASAP!

so, I have this chunk of code(below) and I want the reader to be able to choose between a recap or no recap. But the reader that chooses “no recap” still sees the recap so where did I go wrong?

Code

NARRATOR
Do you want a recap?

choice
“Yes.”{

gain recap_yes_episode2

}“No.”{

gain recap_no_episode2

}

if (recap_yes_episode2){

@transition fade out black
EXT. DESERT - DAY
&cut to zone 2
&zoom reset
&ESTER spot 1.365 221 28 in zone 2 at layer 1 AND ESTER faces right AND ESTER is rear
&ANDREA JONES spot 1.282 125 84 in zone 2 at layer 0 AND ANDREA JONES faces right and ANDREA JONES is idle
@ESTER is rear
@ANDREA JONES is deepbreath
ANDREA JONES (talk_armscrossed_neutral_loop)
I need you to go door to door and tell people to go to Bunker A. Not any other bunker.
@transition fade out black
INT. ABANDONED SUBWAY STATION - NIGHT with FIRE2
&cut to zone 3
@KLARIZA spot 1.120 264 -7 in zone 3 AND KLARIZA is tinker_stand_neutral_loop_rear AND GEORGIA spot 1.099 151 -12 AND GEORGIA faces left AND GEORGIA is think_rubchin
@overlay FIRE2 scales to 1.531 1.531 THEN KLARIZA is react_mortified AND GEORGIA is idle_terrified_loop
@transition fade out orange
INT. BUNKER KITCHEN with PINK BABY SWADDLE in zone 2 at layer 0
@cut to zone 2
&ESTER moves to layer 1 AND ESTER spot 0.592 217 300 in zone 2 AND ESTER is eat_food_hand_neutral
@add Sandwich Tomato Lettuce Ham to ESTER
&overlay PINK BABY SWADDLE scales to 0.239 0.238 AND overlay PINK BABY SWADDLE shifts to 146 265 in zone 2
&JEMILINA spot 1.073 164 57 in zone 2 AND JEMILINA moves to layer 4 AND JENNIFER spot 1.109 93 49 in zone 2 AND JENNIFER moves to layer 3 AND ANDREA JONES spot 1.091 25 67 in zone 2 AND ANDREA JONES moves to layer 2 AND JEMILINA faces right AND ANDREA JONES faces right AND JENNIFER faces right THEN ANDREA JONES is idle_armscrossed_neutral_loop AND JEMILINA is think_rubchin AND JENNIFER is idle_armscrossed_awkward_loop
ANDREA JONES (talk_confused_mindblown)
It’s happening! The collision is starting!
sound reveal_scary
@transition fade out red
}else{
@pause for 1
}

@pause for 2

INT. BUNKER KITCHEN with PINK BABY SWADDLE in zone 2 at layer 0
@cut to zone 2
&ESTER moves to layer 1 AND ESTER spot 0.592 217 300 in zone 2 AND ESTER is eat_food_hand_neutral
@add Sandwich Tomato Lettuce Ham to ESTER
&overlay PINK BABY SWADDLE scales to 0.239 0.238 AND overlay PINK BABY SWADDLE shifts to 146 265 in zone 2
&JEMILINA spot 1.073 164 57 in zone 2 AND JEMILINA moves to layer 4 AND JENNIFER spot 1.109 93 49 in zone 2 AND JENNIFER moves to layer 3 AND ANDREA JONES spot 1.091 25 67 in zone 2 AND ANDREA JONES moves to layer 2 AND JEMILINA faces right AND ANDREA JONES faces right AND JENNIFER faces right THEN ANDREA JONES is idle_armscrossed_neutral_loop AND JEMILINA is think_rubchin AND JENNIFER is idle_armscrossed_awkward_loop

@transition fade in white
&ANDREA JONES is react_startled_embarrassed
ANDREA JONES (talk_confused_mindblown)
It’s happening! The collision is starting!
sound reveal_scary
@ESTER is react_startled_surprised AND JEMILINA is idle_terrified_loop AND JENNIFER is idle_terrified_loop AND JEMILINA faces left AND JENNIFER faces left THEN ESTER is tinker_stand_neutral_loop_rear

I think I see a potential solution?

…maybe?

Maybe you can make a label and use goto continue_story instead of the gain? I’ll bold it:

NARRATOR
Do you want a recap?

choice
“Yes.”{

gain recap_yes_episode2

}“No.”{

goto continue_story

}

if (recap_yes_episode2){

[RECAP]

}

label continue_story

[CONTINUED STORY]

1 Like

Let me check that out give me a sec. :blush:

1 Like

YOUR AN ANGEL!
It worked! I have been working for 10 minutes and just gave up, so thank you!

1 Like

No problem! I’m glad I could help. Good luck with your story and I hope you have a good day! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Thank you! You too!

1 Like