What annoys you as a Episode creator/forum-user?

Since every nine year old has a phone now, they definatley watch that. I’ve heard a lot a lot of stories. And honestly, think about it. We’re kids ten years ago as disrespectful as the kids now? (Not trying to be an old crusty and saying all phones are bad lol. But seriously.) And I think that Episode actually makes the app 12+ (13+?) because they want people to download it. If it were 18+ how many of us would actually have it now?

3 Likes

Yes, I know. My sister has no respect for my mother either! That is one major problem today’s generation is causing. Igrnorance, and addiction to electronics. I love helping people out with backgrounds on the forums, but that’s a lot time in my day I could’ve spent being “active.” I try taking as many breaks as possible too.

4 Likes

Hey! I just have a quick question that kinda contains the topic of this thread.
I am thinking about writing a story that will focus on mental health any especially serious mental disorders.
It isn’t a light topic, escpecially if you want to show the reality. I definitely wouldn’t hold back about showing it. It would be very raw.
I thought this is a good way to reach people and spread some information about this very important topic that many people still consider a taboo. But nowadays it’s more important than ever.
Do you think it is appropriate? Considering the age of many readers, the way they think and the topic of majority of stories.
Thank you :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yes, I think it is. :blush:

2 Likes

Thank you for your opinion :slight_smile:
When I will be writing about bipolar disorder, for example, I would like to contain the behaviour in both manic and depressive episode - which could be suicidal thoughts, inability to to anything, losing friends or relationships with loved ones, on the other hand it could be drinking, gambling, dangerous driving in car, also crazy shopping or many sexual adventures. Then of course being at work etc. Going to the therapies, using some medicaments or even staying in hospital…
Then I would include more disorders.
I don’t want to read messages like ‘What are you writing about?’ ‘Also kids will read your story, it isn’t appropriate to write about it.’ and stuff like that. So I am looking for some opinions first :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Awesome! I’ll definatley read it and compare my experiences! I think you should start the story however, before the character realizes they have it. (haven’t been diagnosed yet.)

1 Like

Thank you for your opinion :blush:
Starting the story before the character is diagnosed is definitely something I am going to do to introduce the whole process!

1 Like

You are right-almost every kid has a phone/electronic device now! When I was 9, I didn’t have a phone/device/computer-heck, I didn’t even have internet! Anyways, surfing the net is awesome, but we need to enjoy things that don’t revolve around electronics. Well, I believe every kid is different-some will be disrespectful, some will not, I would say that this doesn’t have to do with the time period, just the personality of the child but with the advancements of technology, it honestly just seems like kids (not all), as well as people (not all), are more interested in their devices than having actual conversations with others. Also, kids who are under the age limit should not be using the app. On a side note, Phones are fine to use (just not every waking hour of the day), but in my opinion, they are not meant for nine year olds (in no way, am I trying to be rude, just stating my opinion.)

We need to be to kind to our parents : ) For most of us, they are the ones who took care of us and raised us. Also, we need to take a break from electronics and enjoy the fresh air.

2 Likes

Bump!

I’m teally getting annoyed by all these authors trying to promote their stories EVERYWHERE! Like chill tf out. I don’t give a f if someone who does that, reads this. Not my problem that you’re trying to get noticed without having patience. :confused:

Honestly, I do R4R once in a while to gets my reads up. I prefer people reading my story because they like it, not because they’re forced to.

2 Likes