What annoys you as an episode user

One thing that grinds my gears is how after the ads I ALWAYS get this glitch of the characters not showing up on stories -_-

8 Likes

Liars who don’t fufull r4r’s.
Critic who don’t take time to understand the person probably worked their heart and soul on the story.
R4r’s who lonely read a few chapters and you read their whole stories of greater chapters.
Lack of characters from different characters.
Lack of Asian/Indian characters in Australian stories (sorry, it’s just not realistic just having white people.)
Muslim characters that are obsessed with religion.
People who go overboard with customisation (just let me read your story.)
Art scenes (sorry, I see no point of these and it looks silly if you allowed customisation.)
The wrong stories being featured and all the good ones going ignored.

10 Likes

I think the real question is “What doesn’t annoy us as an Episode user?”

7 Likes

Thank you so much!!

Hmm, let me write down a list…oh wait, I can’t :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Good question

4 Likes

ok sorry but short-ass episodes chapters have to go… i’m not going to waste passes on a three minute long chapter:/

4 Likes

They’re useful,if you want to earn gems :wink:

yes, but gems only apply to featured stories (which i stopped reading a while back for many reasons)
My point is specifically aimed at user stories.

2 Likes

I meant daily rewards gems

R4r that read one chapter and think they’ve fufilled their obligation.
People who add 15 pause for a beats at their end screen.
Read for readers who don’t add links, so you have to search the title (and usually the author.)
No options of adding animals (except those frozen, emotionless animals in carriers.)

3 Likes
  • The characters in a story not showing up, making me have to restart the app.

• Using up my gems when I thought that one of the choices would make a impact on the story, and turns out it didn’t.

• Having to wait a long time before publishing a story because of the backgrounds.

• REALLY long ads. (I think the limit is 3 and they gave me 4-5.)

• Not being able to delete your old stories that you don’t want anymore, because there’s no delete button.

• Having your trending user story go down and up, repeatedly.

• (I know this was already said but it’s extremely true.) Being on mobile creator and accidentally clicking ‘create a new story’. I have so many of those blank stories.

• Writing for a long time and ready to upload a chapter, only for Episode to do something weird with the page, shifting all my characters positions, actions, layers, and etc. (I didn’t see it till I published the story.) Now, before I publish a story or chapter, I check many times, so there won’t be any problems.

• Ads freezing, and then you have to restart the app, only to get more ads.

• Stories that are really short. (I’m a episode writer, and I get that it takes a lot of time to create just one chapter, But, there’s people on here that have these GREAT ideas, and they do character customization and that takes up…what? At least 90% of the chapter? That’s why you write everything out first and then you add the character customization.

• Writers on here, dedicating the whole first chapter to character customization. (I’ve read a few where they would dedicate the first, and second to it. Now, I’m extremely careful with stories now.)

• Given the chance to customize and when I start to, the customization is VERY LIMITED. No, not like ‘oh, you can’t change the eye color or the hair color’. I get that but if it’s the hair, skin color, and nose…what’s the point of even letting us customize? That really gets on my nerves.

• Reading a good story with a amazing plot, only for it to have a really bad ending.

• Stories where the MC is raped, and the next few days she’s alright and ready to be sexually active again. That’s not how it works.

• Writers that want the story to be sad, so they throw rape in it. Stories DO NOT need to have rape in it, for it to be sad. I cannot stress that enough…

• Writers block. It’s the worst. :roll_eyes:

• Stories where the MC get’s bullied and physically abused all the time and does NOTHING. Like, what? You seriously gonna let them abuse you like that?

• Pregnant by insert whoever here. I used to like those stories (the ones like pregnant by my best friend or things related to that), but then the titles started getting ridiculous. Pregnant by my student, pregnant by my stepdad, pregnant by my cousin, pregnant by my bully. Honestly, it needs to stop.

• The stories where the MC is a nobody and all of a sudden when she doesn’t wear her glasses or whatever, she attracts the attention of all these guys. Or when she changes her look, like no it doesn’t make sense.

• Grammatical errors and bad spelling. I get it if you have a few but if it’s in the story from beginning to the middle, to end, you need to get that checked out. People don’t like stories with that in it.

• (I might get hate on here for saying this but it’s whatever.) People harassing you for not having diversity in your book(s). Look, I’m all for it. But if I’m trying to create characters, and you don’t like them because they don’t look diverse enough, you NEED to STOP. I have a story in the making and some of the MC’s friends have the same skin tones because I’m basing them off of people I know, and people I’ve talked to. Ink has been around for quite some time now, and it’s really hard to create characters without them looking like everyone else. If you don’t read a story because it doesn’t have diversity, something is wrong with you. I get it if ALL the characters are one skin tone, and only have 1 person that’s slightly dark. I get that, really but come on now…you really shouldn’t do that. (Yes, I know that’s not what diversity is all about but I’m just talking about one part of it.)

• Terrible stories having so many reads when the good stories out there have only a short amount of reads. I’m talking about the stories where they glorify rape, sexual assault, getting pregnant at a young age, etc. I’ve seen so many stories with that stuff in it and it’s honestly disgusting. Yes, I’m aware of my story called Gangsta and what’s happening. If you haven’t read it, NO it doesn’t have any of the things listed up there. It just has cringey stuff about gang leaders and strippers. I created the story back when gang leaders and bad boys were hype, which was about 2-3 years ago? I just wanted to be in the hype, so, I created it out of fun and got a bunch of readers. Also, I was a new writer to episode and so at first all the directing was messed up. I still update it because people have asked me, and I’m trying to turn it to something better…

There’s plenty more but I already wrote a lot already, lmao. :heartpulse:

Btw, my deepest apologies if there are words missing or if I’ve mispelled something. I’m saying this because my page just shifted again. I’ve read over it, and I don’t see any. I may have over looked some.

11 Likes

Not to mention against the guidelines. You should definently report any you see

5 Likes

People who think your story is broken if you don’t use sounds.
People cracking it if your story doesn’t allow choices (hey, it’s MY story.)
Doing read for reads for people who won’t put a link to their story, so you have to search it.

5 Likes

When theres NO cc or choices…wtfrick am i reading for then…(usually the plot is not intresting either cuz i cant getta choice in ANYTHING…just mindless tapping no reason to read)

Rude authors ppl say ALOT about rude readers but i find authors.to be douchey.
its my story
u dont have to read it
If u hate my story or uncomfortable with certain themes click the door
And unecessary rudeness from authors who think they have a right to be tht way cuz they write

I hate ads though thts self explanitory

When authors abruptly stop updating then come back months later with no explination and upload 1 chapter OR just randomly discontinue a story with no warning

3 Likes

I’m assuming that was directed at me.
I repspect people’s decision not to include choices. Sometimes they don’t want their stories altered. They may have a specific story they want to tell and they don’t want you changing it.
I d9nt think you should dictate how a story should be. It’s called episode, not choices.

3 Likes

Sweetie it was not directed at you in any way shape or form.
I like making choices. Its called episodes interactive choose ur story…i get no choice in anything(cc or choices) which to me is not fun. If authors dont want their stories to include tht ok…cool great…its their choice but why not write on wattpad or some other writing platform tht has better mechanics(episodes still lacks a lot)

8 Likes

When people always ask to re customize the characters, So there is constantly a re customizing thing in the story.

7 Likes

Also
~ When ANYBODY throws race into a PIXELATED MOBILE APP.
~Getting like halfway through a story, then getting bored of it.
~When I can’t find a story I like.
~When my favorite story gets discontinued

5 Likes

While I get where you’re coming from, you must remember Episode is more popular than wattpad. Heck, I didn’t even know what wattpad is and I’ve still never seen it.
Choices were not even available in mobile creation until ages, so a lot of people couldn’t even add them if they used it (myself included)

3 Likes