What are people’s opinions on these types of stories?

I CAN GO ON AND ON WHY THIS IS BAD

2 Likes

ME. TOO. :mega:

2 Likes

I definitely agree with you about mafia stories now after reading through this thread, but she wasn’t saying Mafia stories aren’t bad. She was saying there’s nothing wrong with Celebrity stories. That’s what this thread started out as talking about after all.

2 Likes

I personally still stand on what I’ve said about those stories with alpha males. Most of the tropes consist of toxic masculinity. And if you really think about it, that’s the reason why 100% of school shooters in America are male because they don’t speak on their issues. They aren’t advocated enough of the idea that it’s okay to speak out and open. When you look at the stories, a lot of the boys are alpha males who hide their feelings. They’re considered “soft” when they think about their emotions in stories. They are seen as these tough guys who are reckless and don’t care about emotions. It’s toxic. Even if other people don’t see it, it doesn’t mean it isn’t there. These are harmful gender stereotype

But I must’ve misunderstood since @/LemonProductions replies with a link about mafia, so I assumed this thread was about mafias. So on my behalf I should’ve read. BUT these
Tropes are harmful and toxic either way

1 Like

I feel like jaded love, however, from what I’ve read so far is a good story that isn’t harmful, but I haven’t read the entire story. I’ve only read 5 episodes

1 Like

It’s not a problem to talk about how terrible Mafia stories are, that fine. Just maybe read someone’s reply before you start talking about why they’re wrong :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Yeah, I’ll be sure to throughly do that. The forums is filled with these mafia threads, so I assumed it was another one considering there was a link connected to another mafia thread, also

1 Like

Yeah I get that. But I do have to say Thankyou. If you guys hadn’t ranted one this thread or another thread I was on, I would never have realised how awful Mafia stories were. I thought they were just a harmless bit of fantasy but I was obviously wrong!

1 Like

Ahh, I’m so glad to hear thattt!
I remember reading them when I was around 13, and I thought the same thing too. That was until I did more research after seeing people speak up about it, and realized that real mafias are awful :((

1 Like

Yes!! After reading some of the terrible things after research of my own, all I want to do is read a story about how a girl falls for a boy and he falls for her and they have no problems and they’re just happy (even though that would be pretty boring) because after reading the vile things about mafia, I just need something happy :frowning:

1 Like

Yess, I felt that :relieved:

I don’t like stories where the protagonist wants to be a celebrity and they make a deal with the love interest to get the protagonist some fame, like “pretend to be my girlfriend” or “be the pawn to my chess game against my nemesis” and I’ll make you famous.

I also don’t like band stories where the protagonist is the only female and all/most of the band members are love interests fighting for her.

I can’t remember what the story is called but I saw one where the MC is an aspiring singer singing at small bars and the LI is famous (can’t remember what for). She didn’t know him and got mad at him when SHE crashed into HIS car. The LI was the typical rich bad boy while the MC was the SaVaGE and oh so QuiRkY independent woman that don’t need no man (though she did need him).

A YouTuber I watch read it, and I only got through it because of their voice acting and commentary.

1 Like

Just wanted to explain myself since mafia stories really aren’t something I take lightly. And I don’t like being seen in a bad light when I know my opinions and views myself.

This explains my first comment, @Bonswayout. I think you misread. My second sentence was completely separate from my first. My first sentence was saying I don’t think that celebrity stories are harmful as long as the love interest is not toxic. My second sentence said celebrity stores are overused by Episode. But with user stories, it’s less popular and that stories like “mafias and bad boys” are way more common.

I’m not even sure why or how we got onto the topic of mafias??? I understand I briefly mentioned it but still lmao. What even.

I literally wrote an entire thread a while back on how harmful gang and mafia stories are.

2 Likes

Sorry i misunderstood :relieved::v:t2:

1 Like

Did you read Dirty Game, and was the Youtuber Gloom? Because my sister watches that kind of stuff and I checked it out. I did like her voice acting, though. The MC is absolutely insufferable and written terribly.

I’m not her, but I do watch her. :smile:

Oh, yeah. the wording of my question was really weird. I meant, was the story that you watched Gloom read Dirty Game?

Yup!