What are some must haves for an Episode story?

oh speaking of stories that don’t have choices, its pretty cool when a story doesn’t have choices because your just reading a story. lol ill still read it regardless but I know others wont.

3 Likes

Must haves

• LGBTQ+ friendly content.
  • A great story line (I can’t stress this enough, don’t be like ‘and they kiss’ in the second episode.)
  • Being literate and not making any grammatical spelling mistakes.
  • A good and fleshed out main character.
  • Many choices.
6 Likes

How many choices would you prefer each chapter have?

Depend on lenght of the chapter. but just some.

1 Like

I feel that choices should matter in the story.

2 Likes

I would also recommend checking out these threads

2 Likes

I don’t have a preference but I like when each character has a different personality + I can see their flaws. Also when there’s more depth to their behavior so there’s a reasoning why they’re saying/acting a certain way

6 Likes

Sounds obvious but plot. I’ve read so many stories with no action where the characters just talk the entire time and I have no idea what the hell is going on. By the time the episode is over I don’t know how that helped the story progress in any way

7 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Well they gotta have words

2 Likes

Could you emphasize on that?

yes. :sunglasses:

6 Likes

This maybe the most important thing a writer can do, it’s really obvious when an author has no idea what they are writing anymore because they’ve already gotten in the scenes that covered their vague idea and they don’t know where to go now. Always make yourself a map so you don’t get lost.

5 Likes

Exactly, and this is where they say, “Okay, what should come next?” “I should have plan first before starting.” “I need help on what should be the next scene.” Always, plan before starting, then start coding and creating characters, etc. Then you’ll be good to go.

3 Likes

According to me, a consistant plot is mandatory ! I haaate when characters are messing things up purposely in order to fulfill the storyline, like faking a dilemna. i think its even more frustrating when u cant avoid the situation and you have to witness things getting worse and worse
I also enjoy LL customization as well, as such as character development : side characters matters too. I hate when a story only focus on the two mains…

6 Likes

Moved to Episode Fan Community since Community is for discussing specific stories. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :wink:

1 Like

Definitely not a must have. I’d rather have a story that doesn’t mention sexuality then a story that forcibly shoves in LGBT characters. That being said, in a modern-day story, not everyone should be cishet 24/7 if it doesn’t matter to the story.

Back to not shoving in LGBT. Don’t put it in if it doesn’t make sense. The story I’m writing right now takes place in the Civil War, which most definitely was NOT an LGBT-friendly time, so I’m not gonna put in any (openly) LGBT characters.

6 Likes

Sosososo true. Fangs & Paws had an AWESOME first season, but the second season was a twilight-esque crossover-filled mess. All the episodes just ran together. There was barely plot, a bunch of sub-stories, and by the time the ‘main’ villain was introduced, he was defeated two episodes later (by deus-ex-machina, i may add). I still read it because, well, fanservice, but I just know it could have been so much better.

3 Likes

Fun fact, the civil war was a booming time for prostitutes of every gender - Nashville for example went from around 200 before the war to over 1500 during the war. The Richmond Dispatch reported on May 13, 1862, that since the moving of the Confederacy’s capital to Richmond that “loose males of the most abandoned character from other parts of the Confederacy” had moved to Richmond and “prostitutes of both sexes” openly displayed themselves in carriages and on sidewalks. So some people were very openly gay and diligent research is also a story must, there, now this post is unflaggable

6 Likes

Jesus the episode community is smart

6 Likes