What are some popular episode stories that you hate but everyone loves, and why?

Same lmao plus evil characters are always a lot more interesting IMO :wink:

2 Likes

This might have been said already too lazy to read through whole thread, lmao

But I cannot comprehend how Bite My Tongue has so many reads! - 15 million :face_exhaling: I finished it, actually, and I found it so so boring, by the end. I found the love interest weird, the main character annoying as hell and the narration extremely dull. I get that it’s meant to be complex & phycological, but I just thought it had basically no plot throughout those 80 chaps. Lol, maybe it’s just me- no hate to Alphan.

6 Likes
  • I hate the MC being a total prick to people for no reason.
  • I hate the stories where you have to waste diamonds every five seconds and if you don’t your reputation in the story drops (an original story about the mc best friend getting married)
  • Mafia stories that don’t have anything mafia-related just straight romance
  • I hate stories that don’t relate to their genre or added details that make no sense to the story
  • I hate rushed endings, I expected more and the story is good but why rush it.
  • Stories that say your choices matter so you start panicking about making the right choice and when you do it’s the same ending
  • Stories where the MC always needs to be saved for no reason
  • Where the woman is shown as weak and frail and can’t stand up for herself( You serious my guy)
  • Where the LI is straight-up toxic with no reason or does too much and cheats and the MC is naive
  • Where the family doesn’t have boundaries and the MC is ok with them doing things that make her uncomfortable
7 Likes
  • Stories where you are dating someone or they are dating someone and yall just cheat
  • Stories that start with the Mc getting bullied for something that happened 5 years ago and they still not standing up for them
  • Stories that aren’t needed for drama because of miscommunication and because the MC or LI leaves before letting them explain how the relationship they built up is broken and the MC leaves the country just to come back years later to hear his/her side which could have been resolved years ago and they knew someone was trying to get in between their relationship since it started :rage:
  • Going back to the LI even though their red flags are beaming from head to toe like a glow stick
  • Stories where everything is spoiled in just one sentence unless it’s needed to make the readers know the outcome for the characters and how the characters deal with it and overcome it (Only acceptable time)
  • Romanticizing mental illness and doesn’t give the readers warning of (r-word), or anything that’s needed for readers.
  • Where they have to change how the girl looks to get the guy that bullies or made fun of her and she goes along with it
    (I got plenty more but I need to stop)
4 Likes

cough Bachelorette Weekend cough

3 Likes

There used to be a popular Episode featured story series, it was called Chain Reaction. I couldn’t stand those stories, but they probably had one of the biggest amounts of reads on the platform. :pensive:

1 Like

A fair amount of people seem to hate Chain Reaction. I never read them so I can’t say, but guess I’ll be avoiding them.

1 Like

Moved to Episode Fan Community since this is a story discussion thread. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :smiley:

1 Like

Aside from all the obvious stuff like mafia stories, possessive/toxic controlling LIs and stuff, I just really can’t get into pure romance no matter how hard I try. I mean like romance stories where there is no plot aside from just 'you move to a small town and meet NOAH, what will happen??" they’re so boring and predictable to me I’m sorry. Like we all know they’re going to end up together in the end, especially if it’s not a love triangle and there’s just one possible option. I love a good, juicy plot with romance on the side though!

5 Likes

found it, it’s completed the author just didn’t mark it for some reason.

2 Likes

the clumsy super girl.

I read the first chapter, then I thought: nope nothing for me. I accidentally made the relationship between MC and his granny like a war zone and MC started cursing the granny. (I hope I remember it right.) :woman_facepalming: Sorry, but that’s nothing for me. I don’t like cursing at granny’s.

4 Likes

LOL! You’re actually very right :sweat_smile:. Now that I have read this post I have noticed how sexist the description of my story seems (and it was not intentional because my MC is not ‘submissive’).
I have made some changes to my story (its also about mafia) and I hope it is now more realistic and respectful

THANK YOU :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

That sounds so funny to me.:rofl: I’m going to hell for this :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Thanks. Reading it now.

2 Likes

Episode 1: All the humans born in 2001 are going
Me: Well, finally someone respects the people born the same year Shrek was released!

Aaaand she’s turning 18. 18 for me was :face_vomiting:

1 Like

Yeah Shrek is a great movie :joy: Now you got me wantin to watch it when I get off :thinking:

1 Like

I moved out at 17/18 so that was a great time for me cause I was finally able to get away from my POS mom lmao but other then that I really don’t remember much before I was 21 blocked it all out like a champ :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I’ve been trying to block out 2020 and the first half of 2021. It’s working, I think.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.