What are some things you HATE in a story?

It’s not about the story idea itself, just one small detail in the story I wish was tweaked. I’m currently writing three stories as of now, and it would really help to get feedback, so I know what mistakes NOT to make. Specifically, in drama, comedy, and romance, as those are the genres of my stories. Thanks for the help :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think my biggest would be when the plot is just weird. Like the characters are dancing then they start talking. Its weird. Lota of curse word in one scene or bunched together.

3 Likes

In romance, I hate when the lovers get mad at each other because of insignificant things, like, when one of them hugs someone else and the other gets all jealous and starts saying that he/she likes the person he/she’s hugging more than him/her.

1 Like

Yes, I hate those also

1 Like

Totally agree!!

2 Likes

Bad grammar and bad directing.

2 Likes

Same

Hello @epistar, this is Sydney the moderator. Welcome to the forum. :smiley:

Moved this topic to Episode Fan Community since it doesn’t fit into the Creator’s Corner category. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about where to correctly create topics, and feel to PM me if there are any questions. :wink:

I’m not a fan of the “this is my first story - please give it a chance!” thing. Like it’s totally okay to say it’s your first story, but as soon as the author seems to beg the reader to keep going, I don’t want to. The story should speak for itself! If it is interesting or I can see the author put time in, I’ll keep reading! :smile:

2 Likes

Stories that have bad plots. Like why? Just why?

Totally! I’ve actually been working on one of my stories on an off for a few years maybe, because I didn’t know how to direct well and didn’t want t publish a story that wasn’t my best

1 Like

I totally feel that! I started writing a story like two years ago, put it off, and have recently started writing it again. Learning the coding to make it look perfect is definitely time consuming! But I feel like when you can see the finished product it will be worth the effort.

1 Like

Glad to know I’m not the only one :sweat_smile:

Bad boys or girls!

1 Like

I definitely have stopped reading stories if the main love interest is underdeveloped as a character and when authors romanticize love interests who treat the MC like trash. I also hate it when romance stories just constantly have that annoying ex that is lurking around, causes me so much stress lol.

1 Like

I’ve read a story like this yesterday and the characters were just dancing then laughing, fighting and finally they walked off screen Without any dialogue:roll_eyes: I immediately clicked the door button

1 Like

I hate rushed stories, scenes
If you’re tired or you don’t have any ideas don’t just put random stuff in-
Take a break

1 Like
  • Stories that are SOOOOOO predictable
  • When the plot has been done 1000 times already
  • When, for some reason, the bad boy goes soft for a girl. Like bro, no. That’s not how it works.
  • Romanticized bullsh*t! When abuse is made into a loving, friendly thing. No! Stop with the toxicity!
4 Likes