What are some tips you'd give to your past self?

i do this but i always thought that if i made them in advance i could save time and just write the chapter. good to know im not the only one that makes outfits as i go

2 Likes

I used to like making outfits but the slow loading time and my short attention span has not let me do that anymore. Now it seems like a hassle rather than anything when I am coding.

2 Likes

True :sweat_smile: But you’re not the only perfectionist around here

2 Likes

I changed to making them as I go since I got bored of constantly loosing track of what I designed each character for and ending up just deleting them anyway :tired_face: :joy:

2 Likes

I must admit, I still kinda am since I can’t do anything without panicking/worrying if it’s ‘perfect’ or not :tired_face: :joy:

1 Like

I agree with u there, they aren’t so fun to create anymore. They’ve turned into a chore :tired_face:

1 Like

Nobody’s perfect! You’re doing perfectly fine :slight_smile:

I hope this advice works. I’m always telling myself, “Nobody’s perfect”
but it never works on me :weary:

2 Likes

i had to make 16 outfits for a closet template im adding to my story and it took so long i forgot what i was gonna have the characters do :joy:

2 Likes

Yeah, it never works telling myself that either :joy:

& @misskash = Ik what u mean :tired_face: Outfit choices can take ages then u forget everything else u were trying to remember :joy: I would know since I make my own tappable outfit choices from scratch without templates :tired_face:

1 Like

girrll i cant imagine how long it takes to make the outfits, then code everything templates make my life wayyyyy easier !!!

I prefer to make mine using tappable overlays not episode choice boxes (:

Another thing I’d tell my old self = Don’t rely on others to help/teach u all the time since a lot of the time people back out and leave, U can only completely trust yourself (:

3 Likes

Every time I decide to visit the portal and “code,” it’s just a way of saying that I’ll be making outfits for the next couple of hours :rofl: :sweat_smile: Don’t become like me

Oh yeah, I like using tappables too! I’m thinking about using Dara Amarie’s tappable dressing game template. Hopefully won’t be too hard?

1 Like

I make my own tappable dressing games since I confuse myself with people’s templates since they always end in some sort of errors for me :sweat_smile: (:

tappables are fun from a readers pov, i think you just gave me an idea to make a tappable closet :thinking:…too bad my portal previewer doesnt work :woman_facepalming:t4:

it keeps giving me this stupid error 87 that freezes my script & crashes my app when i preview my story in the app idk how to fix it i’ve done so much research & tried everything :weary::weary:

does anybody in the topic have any advice to fix this ???

2 Likes

Try shutting down your device (That always works for me even if I have to do this more than once) (:

dara’s templates are all i use!!! girl go to her website & check it out !

1 Like

Oh, error 87! We all hate that one :weary:
Try doing what @M_H_C_Episode said, she posted before me

3 Likes

tried that numerous times :woman_facepalming:t4:

I’d tell my past self to stop caring about the statistics when the story is published, but to instead; focus on how hard you worked on the story and it turned out nice. :))

1 Like

I use hers for CC since I don’t have the patience or the time to make those myself yet (:

2 Likes