What are things that you look for when you're reading a story?

What are things that make you want to continue reading a story? Things that would have you hooked from the start making you want to read it more.

Normally when I read stories I’ve noticed that they don’t necessarily pick up until about 5-7 episodes in. Which I don’t mind that because it can be hard to get a feel for things right in the beginning.

3 Likes

That’s a really good question! ☆°・:.。.☆†_(゚▽゚)β))☆.。.:・°☆

The overall plot and concept of the story, the characters, I love to see character development. Anytime I finish a story or maybe in episode I’ll think about whether or not the characters improved during that episode or story. Drama is also a big thing in my book, when you have drama it creates suspense for the readers which would make them want to read your story more. I also look for good grammar, I see stories with really good ideas but their grammar is bad. Having someone proof read your script or running it through scanners helps a lot with fixing & correcting grammar issues. Directing is a big thing as well, everything that makes your story runs smoothly, makes a reader want to read your book smoothly! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I hope this helped you!
:…゙((ε(*´・ω・)っ†゚¨゚゚・:…☆

1 Like

It definitely did help. Thanks for your feedback!
I know what I look for in a story and I feel as if I’ve applied that into my own. But I really wanted the opinions of others too. :blush:

1 Like

Yes, of course! Everyone should be open to opinions, that way you’ll find even more answers & even questions :hugs:

1 Like

Absolutely!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.