What are your opinions on slowburns

the title says it all I want to know what are your opinions on slow burns?

3 Likes

wait what are slowburns

1 Like

A “slow burn” is basically a romance story that focuses on a character-driven love story where that relationship takes some time to develop There has to be a significant amount of development both for the individuals and for the pair throughout the novel, with romantic tension that builds and builds. I hope this helps!

4 Likes

oh then i LOVE that idea!

3 Likes

Glad to hear! And welcome to the community!

2 Likes

I like that theres no run and it defiantly set more of a realistic bonding and not just two horn dogs wanting to get it on. Which is a big yes in my play book!
I do think they sometimes they get a little boring because it only focuses on them (i know thats kinda the point)
sometimes they kinda forget about the other characters and i am like “what happened to Susan?”

overall I would read one if it caught my eye!

2 Likes

Oh thank you! :blush:

1 Like

that’s completely understandable. I think if slow burns were written better they would be a great story to read!

1 Like

I 100% agree with you @Aria4 !

1 Like

i love slow burns !! id definitely prefer them over super fast-paced, no character development stories. i just think it takes a lot of patience and dedication to get a slow burn plot just right, and a lot of authors may not have that patience.

2 Likes

I like slow burns as long as they are written well. They can get boring if there isn’t detailed plot causing issues along the way.

1 Like

True, some just leave major plot holes.

I agree. I tend to hate the one’s where its “love at first sight” like girl what are you talking about? that isn’t love at first sight, that’s purely sexual attraction.

2 Likes

Love them. hate love at first sight. or the we just meet but I am in love with her and by love I am I wanna give her the :eggplant:

I am demisexual, so I need a conection to feel love. a good looking face is not enough, I need a personality with it.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.