What are your pet peeves while reading episode stories?

Exactly that’s my point like why would somebody do it :joy:

4 Likes

yes!!! the first episode is supposed to make me want to read more, not feel like i’m about to waste my passes

3 Likes

every time i see a lowercase ‘i’ a little part of me dies

6 Likes

everything you said is spot-on. especially the long intros/outros thing, i just click off the story if the intro is a bunch of cards that each last over five seconds

3 Likes

Rightttt. :woman_facepalming:t5:

3 Likes

Exactly!

3 Likes

Also when the dialogue is waaaayy too cringey :joy:. Like if I’m cringing for the mc myself, then I exit the story cuz I feel embarrassed for her/he. :sob::raised_hands:t5:

5 Likes

absolutely. there’s only so much secondhand embarrassment i can take before i abandon the story

4 Likes

No PUNCTUATIONS, LIKE NONE

7 Likes

Some things:

• This chapter will have only customization because there’s too many lines. WTH there’s only 3 templates!
  • Intros and outros that are like 5 minutes each
    *At the end of the episode, the description is literally “What will happen next” Like girl, you tell me!
  • I’s not capitalized
  • When someone is like it’s my first story, so It’s not going to be great Don’t say that!
    *too long or short episodes
5 Likes

Here’s some:

-Pure cliche plot. Example: Love interest getting blamed for cheating, but then the MC realizes it was the antagonist all along at the end. Another example: Love interest dying because they took the bullet for the MC.

-Bad grammar/spelling. I know some people don’t have English as their foreign language, but at least try to use grammar and proper spelling, please?

-Long intros/outros. These are a nice add, but I want to read my story or move on to the next chapter please. >:(

-“I promise the chapters will get longer after the first episodes!” …

-“This is my first story, so it’s not that good…” Everyone starts somewhere, and please don’t doubt yourself.

-Long/Short chapters.

3 Likes

My number one pet peeve for episode stories is when the first chapter is just customization and then they say the next episode will better and longer :thinking:. (It really is such a turn off for me)

3 Likes

Like @Ldn said, cringey dialogue. Cringey dialogue for me is mostly in Romance (not to discriminate or anything), especially when the LI and MC first meet.

Deep breath. I’m going to write an example:

MC is talking to some of her friends, then she glances around the courtyard, and–

MC
Then I saw him. He was beautiful, with flaming red hair and a body fit for a Greek god. Immediately I knew he was the one. No one had ever made me that way before. He turned, and as if he could feel me watching him, he looked at me. I felt the blush rise up to my cheeks and I couldn’t look away, transfixed by his beauty. :nauseated_face:

LI (plus he’s always doing that strange think animation and staring at us without saying a word, the pervert)
Who is this girl? And why is she making me feel this way? I need to know who she is, now.

Like, dude, I’ve been learning at this school for the past 2 years, you and I have been in the same class for these years and you wouldn’t even give me a second glance, now suddenly you need to know me? :roll_eyes:

Not to attack romance lovers and writers, but that’s just my opinion.

12 Likes

When layering is off, or characters just APPEAR on screen.
Also grammatical errors!
If you have a grammatical error in your description, I will NOT read your story.

6 Likes

But like I don’t wanna false advertise… My first episode sucks (I have tried to fix it MULTIPLE times but couldn’t because of the previewer not working :tired_face:) and my story isn’t perfect so I say that

4 Likes

May I add that my next episode are much better tho

2 Likes

I’d love to go off of this, and write some more bad dialogue. And I would encourage others to do the same because it is very amusing:
MC
F you.
LI
I already have (something along those lines).

MC
I’m broken. No one can fix me.

LI
cue tragic backstory

6 Likes

YESSSS!!!
I’m a romance/drama writer and I have avoided this because it’ so cliché. :rofl:
My thoughts exactly, how did they never notice each other before? If they were in college, ok I understand. But most of the time they are in High School, like???

5 Likes

Ah, I thought I was the only one who felt this way!

2 Likes

SAME! :rofl:

2 Likes