What are your pet peeves while reading episode stories?

THIIIIIIS.
I hate these MCs and yet all the stories i run across have “miss independent/miss not like other gurls” in them claiming their MCs different complex. These type of MCs(imo) are AWFUL the worst trope ever They arent relateable they arent interesting they are mean 90% of the time.

I want a SHY (but not weak…meaning she is just shy…uhg I can explain in my head here itll take long) SWEET/KIND SARCASTIC(doesnt mean b1tchy folks) INTROVERTED MC

3 Likes

EXACTLY!!! The shy one is the one I like, especially when her confidence gets built up eventually (but she doesn’t become bitchy)

1 Like

EXACTLY!!! Like dude all she did was take off her glasses and put on a dress and all of a sudden she’s “hot”? Chile anyways-

2 Likes

I also hate when the main character is seen as a weak girl who has to rely on her love interest. Like I understand the protecting thing, but her reliance on a man just doesn’t sit right with me

2 Likes

the thing about customizing everyone is that maybe theres a reader whos black and wants to be represented. idk but for characters who will only show up in one episode like a cousin then yeah i agree with it not being necessary

1 Like

Ppl confuse wanting to protect someone cuz u love them vs “omg i need to protect u cuz ur helpless”

Nothing wrong with the 1st one and wish was shown more in tht way

1 Like

.> seriously the lack of CC not matching me blatantly is annoying other races exsist

3 Likes

Yeah, it’s really annoying when you customize the main character and the parents’ complexions don’t change.

5 Likes

off topic but is that clementine :flushed:

1 Like

FOR REAL. It gets annoying hella quick

1 Like

Yes x3

1 Like

Clouis x3

1 Like

YESSS :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

yup… there’s no excuse for it anymore. i just can’t read stories with no diversity for no reasons. gets on my nerves, especially when the author acts clueless in fan mail. you know exactly what you did, and that’s why i’m not supporting you :woman_shrugging:t5:

2 Likes

In all fairness my dad had black hair, my mum had brown and I’m a natural redhead.

2 Likes

EXACTLY. You know exactly what tf you’re doing, and it’s not funny. You knew that the character was supposed to be white, stop playing dumb. It’s hella pathetic

1 Like

it’s a receptive gene, it skips generations, which explains your hair color

which it what I’m saying. The senario she gave was quite reasonable

1 Like

I mean I don’t really care other than when people have like “bonus scenes” or like just random-ness. I’m actually adding a cameo with some friends as a joke. I have a whole bunch of stereotypes in a scene with a bunch of things I hate about episode stories, so I’m not 100% opposed to their existence when they’re in passing or satirical.

1 Like

Yeah she probably didn’t know. Same thing with my aunt Erica, her mom has blonde hair, her dad has black hair, and she has red hair. It’s rare, and usually skips a few generations.

1 Like