What are your thoughts and are you entering the new contest?

I really like the idea! I just… hate the word “fantastical”… I dunno what it is! It’s unnerving haha! But yeah, I am definitely looking forward to seeing the entries.

I think it’s a cool idea, but there isn’t many ink fantasy clothes that suit the theme. I don’t think I’ll be entering this one but I’m looking forward to the entries! :smiley:

I think it’s a cool theme! I’m not really a fantasy writer. I’d love to enter to try something different, but I have too many other projects I should work on first :sweat_smile:

I… would definitely read a fantasy story by you👀
Just saying.

It would definitely have some horror/mystery/thriller twist :joy: but I can already imagine all the plot holes I would have in my “fantasy world” :upside_down_face:

I love the theme and I’m super excited about it because I’ve had a fantasy story planned for a long long time! The only thing is I like writing in Limelight, which currently only has 1 ballgown type dress, so I’m hoping they release more so everyone isn’t wearing the same dress :joy: (Side note: I don’t know why everyone keeps saying that Limelight has more fantasy clothes than Ink. Ink has enough ballgowns to clothe an army + prince outfits, werewolf stuffy, multiple victorian outfits, etc and I’d kill to have that much in LL.)

1 Like

I want to. I just need to at least finish one of my stories and find a writing partner. :joy:

I really want to but that will mean I’ll have to put my main story on the back burner

I think they’re talking about the angel wings (for men), the leaf clothes and assassin-type hoods that were released the other week, and maybe the super hero armor but… yeaaah, other than that, we don’t have anything for balls or royalty or nobles and courtly life.
Hopefully that’ll be remedied during the contest like it was with superheroes…

1 Like

I think this theme is amazing!!! I’m super excited about it. Sadly, I just can’t enter since I have two ongoing stories and I just don’t think I can enter without killing myself here. Lol However, I’m super excited to see what everyone comes up with! I know some of my favorite authors are considering entering so that alone has me excited! :grin::heart_eyes:

SAME. If there was a market for half-finished stories by authors who are always starting new stories without seeing them through? I would be rich, and also I would join this contest in a flash.
But sadly this is not the case, and for once in my life, I need to finish what I’ve started… :joy:
Also, all the necessary world building for the story I have in mind would probably take months, and by then, the contest would be over…

1 Like

I really want to enter as I only write fantasy, it’s my favourite genre. So I’m looking for a partner because I don’t wanna write it all my self, plus I have other stories to finish :roll_eyes:

I’m actually enjoying writing my entry more than I thought I would- I’m nearly finished with an episode and I started yesterday, which is record time for me.

The directing is above basic but still not more advanced than some fun zooms, interesting spotting, and a love interest choice (both choices are LGBTQ+, one female fae and one nonbinary fae) so I doubt it’ll win compared to all the stories that’ll undoubtedly have insanely cool overlays and effects and choices and CC and werewolves and vampires but I’d like to at least be an author with more than 127 reads at most and if I can execute it right, I’m hoping this story will put me on that map.

I know I need to work on worldbuilding a little but at the same time, I like the vagueness I have now- leaves a little to the readers’ imaginations. As for personality building, I’m aiming for character growth, fingers crossed I can make it effective.

I’ve got some planned, but my current only solid plans are the episode I’ve written and the very end.

1 Like

My favorite kind of world building is when the author understands the world, but it’s not explicitly all explained to the reader, and you just kind of discover the world gradually through the story. :slight_smile: So it sounds like you’re all good in that repect.

2 Likes

I absolutely love the fantasy genre, but I feel like I can’t just drop writing my current story to allow myself to start a new story?
No matter how much I want to :confused:

:joy::joy::joy: If only that was a real thing!! So many ideas started and not a one of them completed.

And haha omg it’s so true!! World building is honestly one of my favorite things when it comes to story writing! But for me to enter… I’d have to choose something I’ve already begun to build. Starting from scratch would take way too long.

I entered and I thought in 3 weeks there would be more entries than 18… :thinking:

You’ll find most people will release their stories as close to the deadline as possible :slight_smile:

Yea, but wouldn’t entering as early as possible be beneficial?

I feel like this contest will be smaller than the H & V contest…

Retention doesn’t count until after the deadline.

Liz wrote this on the H&V contest page:

Reader engagement starts to count after the entry deadline, not before. We recommend publishing close to the deadline and promoting your story at that time.

Heroes & Villains: The First Creator's Contest of 2018! - #94 by Liz 3