What Are Your Thoughts on R4R?

Drop your thoughts on read for reads below. I’m in the mood for random discussion. :joy:

2 Likes

I don’t mind it. It’s a good way for new authors to get reads on their stories, and also a good way to find other stories to read.

5 Likes

Moved to Episode Fan Community since this relates to the community. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :wink:

1 Like

agree, especially for small authors like myself, and it’s kind of cool for RnR. I don’t do it much but I do read people stories and promote them on my ig for others to check out.

3 Likes

I am planning on publishing another new story of mine so yeah I guess ill ask for RnR later on, but still cool.

1 Like

why its good
You find some hidden gems
You get reads

why its bad
You reads some stories there are really bad
sometimes people ghost you

personally wish there was a better way to get reads. most of mine are from r4r. which I dont mind. but I get most happy when I see new reads with haven done r4r

7 Likes

They’ve never really been my thing. Like it makes me feel uncomfortable to bargain with someone and basically say “I’ll read your story only if you read mine”. I’d rather have people choose to read my story because it interested them, not because they feel obligated to.

6 Likes

I think they are good to do when you’re trying to get your story out there, but not something you want to depend on long term. Some people aren’t genuine when it comes to read for reads so that is one of the downfalls about them. But, I would suggest it to any new writer/author. I did it when I first started out and I probably gained around 30-60 new reads from it.

3 Likes

:clapping:

2 Likes

I gained around 40 or 50 for my classic story.

2 Likes

This is true! One of my favorite stories now was found because the author and I did r4r with each other. :grin:

1 Like

This is probably one of the big reasons I don’t like it. It’s exhausting (sorry I’m over dramatic) to read stories that either don’t interest me or just look like they were thrown together in 5 minutes. Yet, I keep doing it. :joy::sweat_smile:

5 Likes

I agree as well, stories that are maybe rushed, u know.

2 Likes

I tried to read a story the first chapter took me almost an hour to read and it was so boring. you should think something would actually happen but nope. it was nothing but school life.

2 Likes

It makes me uncomfortable too. I do them because I want more eyes on my story but I only let myself do it for the first few weeks and then only recently. I can’t imagine how people do them all the time.
I also feel better when the reads aren’t from r4r, but I’ve also gained some readers so it kind of makes it better. :grin:

2 Likes

Promoting others stories and reading them, that’s a good start right there., I do it, and I still do, no R4r in return.

1 Like

I honestly dont know how to feel about r4r… some of the time you dont even gain REAL readers.

3 Likes

Ugh. That’s another thing. The exchange rate is so awful. My story’s episodes are about 7-11 minutes roughly, with the majority of them now falling in like the 8ish minute range. It’s annoying to know other people could get r4r’s done for me in like half an hour while I’m still trudging through a long boring episode. :grimacing::sweat_smile:

3 Likes

yeah. I go for around 10 minuts episode

2 Likes

This is what I do when it comes to no R4R, promote, promote, promote. Plus, I still have more of these to finish.

1 Like