What Are Your Thoughts on R4R?

This is true. I will say I have managed to gain some readers via read for read.

4 Likes

agree. I dont promote that often. but my recomanded shelf is for good stories with low reads. its full so evry time I find a new I love I remove the one with most reads.

though I doubt many look at it.

2 Likes

Definitely, true. I think I’ve been there before.

1 Like

I do low reads first then go on to higher ones.

2 Likes

Agreed! I can’t imagine how people would do them long term. I opened myself up to do them again for this week and I already want to stop. :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

As many said it has the fantastic advantage of finding hidden gems.
But I’ve done something like that with a story with flat characters months ago, and it was like torture to me.

Funny thing, the MC was also a mean girl but with no substance unlike yours @Baleigh_episode :wink:

Like Lanafrazer_episode, I’m about to publish a story. But, I don’t see myself doing it for now because I think I still need to recover from that experience…

1 Like

R4R is a great way to get some reads and find new readers who love your story! I loved it most the time, I found some true gems and made some friends along the way.

BUUUUUUUT I get really annoyed when people ghost you. So my advice for anyone who does it… if you make the post to do an R4R make sure they read yours first. I read through all 7 episodes of someone’s mafia story and they never read mine :expressionless: and then a week later they commented on my insta post “read my story” and I was just like I have bro :woozy_face:

3 Likes

Thank you for your service.

3 Likes

In the beginning, i despised them. I kind of frowned upon it but then I decided to try it out and oh man, waaaaay too many bad experiences, quit doing them a loooong time ago :joy: But I did have some good experiences and I loved those :blob_sun: However, most of my friends aren’t fond of read 4 reads and I’d have to agree with them, I’m glad I stopped doing them. For the most part, you don’t gain genuine readers.

In the beginning, I made a post to check out authors stories without anything in return and I was overflooded by requests. I even told a girl I’ll support her and she tossed me aside like I’m trash after I read her story.

One of my read 4 reads, the girl fell in love with my story and wanted to read more, so she asked for another read 4 read. I felt uncomfortable to say no. But I didn’t like this. If you love someone’s story, feel free to continue it, don’t ask for multiple read 4 reads.

On Oct (26?) I officially stopped returning favors. Since 2017, on Episode, i would read people’s stories in return but not anymore. Now I will read what I love :blob_hearts:

It’s nice to have a reading partner who will genuinely be there for you but having read 4 read deals with many people doesn’t gaurantee they’ll continue or read your story. You might get ghosted…or blocked.

6 Likes

The only thing with this is… What if both people involved ask for the other to read theirs first? :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Yeah, I don’t know what you do then! I mostly meant if you post on the forums “Let’s do R4R” You usually get more of the decision I guess?? But honestly they’re a flawed system no matter what.

2 Likes

I snorted at this :joy:

3 Likes

Rock, paper, scissors battle to see who reads the episodes first.

1 Like

I don’t like it

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.