What bothers you the most when reading a story on Episode?

I agree with number three a lot! I love funny jokes (a person’s personality is something that makes them stand out) and if there is something that doesn’t surprise me, then it’s boring.

1 Like

I think it’s kinda sad, the main love interest sometimes has “no personality“ and you as a reader are just like: why exactly is the mc falling for him?
I think the biggest priority for the auther is to make the main love interest look good and to give him the “bad boy reputation“, but no real personality.

5 Likes

That annoys me as well. I don’t want to waste a pass on something that I may not enjoy.

Putting effort into a story is a very important thing to me. If the story is not well directed or has any errors not fixed, it shows that they didn’t review the story at all.
Some of us are bad spellers, but we should all spellcheck at some point. :joy:

2 Likes

I agree with you as well. It looks and makes me feel strange when the MC is twice the height by accident just because the author didn’t preview at all. :no_mouth:

1 Like

I’ve never actually seen a story like that. It sounds annoying though, and seems very popular.

1 Like

Emotions are a big part of writing a story. If the story has no emotion or anything, it can be strange.

4 Likes

Right! Like the MC is dead or something!

2 Likes

Yeah, it always start like that in the first chapter. Mc was heartbroken and she would lie and says she have boyfriend too. Then girl would say who is your boyfriend and she wants to meet him. Mc would either point out the boy or try look for a fake boyfriend

1 Like

I relate to this so much :joy: Like everytime that message pops up I get so annoyed. Even if they don’t warn you beforehand they should at least make the choice gold so you somehow have any idea it’ll have an effect later on.

2 Likes

When the MC moves to a new city, gets a job usually as an assistant and falls in love with her boss but he’s a player and there’s a whole bunch of drama

3 Likes

Yes! The readermessage just reminds me that I am reading a story, especially with an amazing and realisticish plot.

1 Like

Whe a mc is in love with a girl… and then suddenly boooom an other girl will try do kill her. Pffff

1 Like

I agree with you!
Whenever it asks for special choices like “Go on the date of your dreams” that costs gems, and then if they also make a choice like “Stay at home and relax alone.”

That annoys me a lot because I want to do the gold choice but I can’t. It’s almost like they are teasing me.

2 Likes

It’s so common these days…you always see it. Those stories are not bad to me, but to constantly see many of them bothers me.

1 Like

When the MCs has goals in life, be it career plans or a journey that is completely halted and shelved when she meets her LI and suddenly her life starts to only revolve around him, and her only life goal is to be with him, exist… for him. :neutral_face::expressionless:

3 Likes

That is just like a story shift. It changes without expecting it. They could get annoying at times.

2 Likes

God it is so irritating! I’d immediately stop reading after that. I can’t stand it when the MC sole purpose in the story is to exist for her/his LI and vice versa.

2 Likes

Grammatical and spelling errors. When the author promises another customiztaion and doesn’t give one and you are possibly stuck with a character that looks different than what you want

2 Likes

I had a character that I did the same thing to! Seeing a feature that I didn’t mean to put bothered me a lot and almost made me restart the story.

1 Like