What defines a strong character?

For me, it’s a person who’s capable of asking for help when needed and is not afraid to go against the world for the people she/he love. Also, she/he is capable of saying no when needed.
What about you? Please remember this conversation is based on opinions.

2 Likes

someone who’s smart, headstrong, isn’t afraid to speak their mind <3

2 Likes

A character who is determined, tenacious and resilient without shutting out the rest of the world, and is willing to ask for help when they need it.
A character who will do something despite being afraid.

2 Likes

i think it depends. some characters have a shy, low persoanlity but it doesn’t not make them a strong character. I think a strong character leaves an imprint on the reader, which really allows the reader to connect with the story.

2 Likes

someone independent, but isn’t afraid to ask for help. someone who doesn’t need approval, but is still receptive to criticism and humble. someone who pursues their personal goals regardless of what the others say. someone who isn’t ruled by their ego.

2 Likes

Mine will be, the relatable character with problems, some ups and down.
But they manage to grow and through it well based on their experience.
They’re make a smart decision and decide to finally out of their comfort zone and move on from the past.
Strong person always learn from experience of them self or people around them and have motivation to live a better life.
That’s it :fire:

1 Like

Someone who learns from their mistakes and is able to reflect on themselves.

1 Like

Someone who isn’t afraid to say what’s on their mind. It can depend though.

1 Like

I believe a strong character has integrity. They are courageous and aren’t afraid to stand up for what they believe in. They have enough self-control to do the right thing at all times - regardless of the consequences.

1 Like

I think a strong character is one that faces many failures, falls down, but finds a way to get back up. A character with personal responsibility and a sense of nuance in the way they see situations. I think this means a character who never stops learning, and is willing to accept certain realities they didn’t see possible before, and adapt.

1 Like