What did you do when you first discovered Episode Interactive?

For real though, Joseph Evans really saved us from coding horribly.

2 Likes

I taught myself by looking at random threads and trial and error.

3 Likes

Yeah he did. I’d never make it without him. Before watching his tutorials I looked at the script then looked at the web’s tutorials’ script and I was like “Nope, I can’t do it, this is too confusing”.

2 Likes

To be honest, in the start I had no idea what I was doing. REALLY.

2 Likes

Same!

2 Likes

I watched ALL of Joseph Evans’s tutorials and then started trying and learning new things alone.

3 Likes

Same here. I was completely lost.

2 Likes

I’ve never watched one :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

:clapping:
That’s incredible (in my opinion :sweat_smile:)! How did you do it completely alone? :scream:

4 Likes

Lots of trial and error
Reading help threads
Reading coding help threads
Creating a quick example in mobile create
Taking apart script templates
And everytime something works I write it in a note book.
And thank you :relieved:

4 Likes

You’re welcome!
I also took notes whenever I learned something new. But damn, you learned how to code alone!

4 Likes

It was a lengthy process :neutral_face:
But worth it :smirk:

4 Likes

Wow! That is really impressive! I wish I was like that.

2 Likes

I discovered episode in 2014/2013 (?), I remember being really bored and wanting a change of pace in what games I played. I remember searching for “Story games” or “choices games” and Episode was the first app to appear. I’m pretty sure the first story I read was The Pheonix Prophecy… Or the Ember Effect… I don’t remember. Ah… Nostalgia.

2 Likes

Here we go:

CRINGY BACKSTORY

After a while of playing on Episode I decided that I wanted to write my own story. So I went to the mobile creator and wrote like three chapters without choices. Honestly the story was trash it was called “Inc.” I shared it with my friend and it got like 33 views. But then I got so embarrassed I deleted it.

So then I found out that the portal was a thing. I watched on Joseph Evans video and then tried to write my own story. I had no idea about CC templates, or any templates that matter. The storyline was trash and I had only write like one hundred lines. But then I tried to make another choice and I couldn’t get it work I got an error so I just removed it.

I put an animation in wrong so the character was saying to instead of doing it. I got to the classroom scene and gave up!

I still have the story if anyone wants to read it.
http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5818164742324224

1 Like

Moved to Episode Fan Community since Community is for discussion of specific stories. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about where to correctly create topics, and feel to PM me if there are any questions. :wink:

2 Likes

Read stories, Porcelain & Death’s Game. Those were the community ones I read. Joining the community? Considering that’s done by creating an IG account… editing. To make a profile picture :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I was annoyed that episode ads kept showing up all over my phone so I downloaded it hoping the ads would stop showing up (which worked!!) but I saw that they had more lgbt stories so I started to play only lgbt ones. It’s true episode has more diversity in their stories which is awesome!! So that’s my lil story heh.

1 Like

Oh, thanks! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I started reading Episode back in 2016 right after I deleted “Choices: Stories you play” , I thought let me give this one a chance and here I am , I’m an addict . It’s so much fun to read episode. My only wish is to have unlimited passes ( a girl can dream right :woman_facepalming::rofl::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:) I dont even read books anymore :joy::woman_shrugging: that’s how much I LOVE EPISODE !!!:heart: I’m thinking of starting to write stories as well, I have 3 books/stories that I wrote 5 years ago but I know writing ain’t easy and I think I need some motivation because I want my stories to be featured. :blush::heart: I joined the community recently.

1 Like