What Do Episode Readers Like? (Poll and Questions)

Hey there!

I’ve been going back and forth with myself because I have so many ideas for so many different kinds of stories. I wanted to ask your opinion on what you, the reader, like to read on Episode!

Here are some example questions:

1. What is your favorite genre?
  2. What in a story grabs your attention? (Ex. Cover art, description… etc!)
  3. What is something you hate in an Episode story?

Thank you! I’m excited to see your opinion! :slightly_smiling_face: :heartpulse:

Also, if you’re interested… I have a few stories in mind and wanted to make a poll to see which the community would prefer. You don’t have to do it, but it would help me! Thanks!

Which type of story would you consider reading?
  • Romance/Drama
  • Mystery/Adventure
  • Fantasy/Adventure

0 voters

6 Likes

For me it depends, if the episode is total cringe I’ll dump it but if it is okay and the plot is pretty good I’ll keep it. I don’t really mind if people don’t have cover art but the description does matter big time. Before people read your story they have to read the description that tries to interest the readers into reading it! That sounds confusing :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I think it makes perfect sense! Thank you :grin:

1 Like

For me, I like all genres equally. If it has an eye catching cover and a very interesting description, I’ll give it a shot.

Overall though, it seems that Episode readers tend to prefer the Romance genre (much harder to trend in this category due to the sheer number of stories in it) with a very steamy looking cover.

The only thing I really hate is a story with a clear lack of purpose, or when the episodes are just drug out relentlessly. I’ve read plenty of stories with poor grammar and not the best directing solely because the idea of their story was fascinating and one of a kind.

4 Likes

Thank you! This helps so much. :sweat_smile: I feel the same exact way about the poor directing and grammar… I triple check my episodes on my phone and in the portal just to make sure everything looks, sounds and works alright!

2 Likes

Mystery and fantasy.

The plot and what’s relatable(it’s not necessary though).

When it’s very lustful and cringe.

1 Like

I agree with you, but what do you mean lack of purpose?

1 Like

Thank you so much!! You have no idea how much this helps! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Awww I’m glad it did! :blob_sun:

1 Like

Stories that seem like they’re going no where, basically. No plot development, no character development…
It makes me feel like I’m wasting my time if I’m not working towards something, ya know?

2 Likes

Ahhh okay thank you!

1 Like

Of course :blush::heart:

2 Likes

My favorite genre is comedy (especially romantic comedies).

The description is the main thing that grabs my attention.

Stereotypes and harmful representation.

1 Like
    definitely romance!

amazing grammar, story telling language, and a good sense of humor

i absolutely hate when the love interests start to like each other too quickly. what really makes a good episode story is the yearning felt between the love interests.

1 Like

Ahh thank you! This is really helpful. I’ll keep it in mind! :blush:

1 Like

Thrillers/horrors, Mysteries, and anything that involves people having super powers :sob:.

The tittle and the cover art, casual Comedy that isn’t obviously forced, amazing directing, and characters with personalities.

Lack of diversity. And when there is diversity, it’s very stereotyped and not well researched.

Edit: I also hate when stories are either too fast paced, and i hate stories with like 20 minute long episodes, cause i have a short attention span and lose interest.

2 Likes

The last one I agree with veeerrry much! Thank you for this, it’s very helpful! :blush:

1 Like

No problem :slight_smile::heartbeat:

1 Like

Hope that helps

2 Likes

My favorite mix would be Fantasy/Drama with a bit of Romance.

1 Like