What do fans do that annoy authors?

^^^ I totally agree with this!

4 Likes

“Can we customize ____? They’re ugly.”
Until I can customize your ugly attitude, I’m keeping this character’s appearance the way it is. Stay mad about it.

“When will you update?”
Yesterday. Chill.

“Why are those boys kissing each other?”
Oh, I don’t know. That’s just how guys are sometimes. Just two dudes being bros.

14 Likes

when they diss the whole story because there’s no customization :woman_facepalming:t5:

5 Likes

lmao the last part reminded me of the vine:

“TWO GUYYYS CHILLIN IN A HOT TUUUUUB, 10 FEET APART CUZ THEY’RE NOT GAY”

7 Likes

Exact. At first, I was that kind of fan but now that I am writing my own stories, I find it annoying when I see people asking for customization. Like if the author created the MC like that maybe it’s for a reason… the author is creating a story for us all to read to modify it and try and change it our way… my opinion

3 Likes

Ask for updates thousand of times

6 Likes

Yes, that’s very true.

2 Likes

Your sarcasm is hilarious :rofl:

5 Likes

We’re not saying that all fans are the same, obviously we’re just having a discussion on what some fans do, authors are allowed to express their feelings just like fans are.

3 Likes

"Hey AS! When’s the next episode gonna come out?"
In the future, duh.

Please give the full customization of characters? Because Reed’s (MC) eyes look fugly on him and I would also like to customize Francesca (Black character) and Peyton too cuz she looks pale as hell!
Do me and my other readers a favor – Eff The Hell Off!
Its my story! And I shall do whatever I please! If I want a MC with eyes that look effing ugly on him, then so be it. If I want a black female and a pale skinned female in my story, so be it! If you can’t handle the diversity in stories, then don’t read them! You ain’t doing a favor to the authors by reading their stories :roll_eyes:

"Why isn’t there much of romance or drama in your story? Seriously, it would make the story much much more interesting.
My story is a superhero theme based one. And, it ain’t necessary that every story should have mushy-gushy stuff in it. Deal with it. I am just a random author who wants to her story to be interesting and give a beneficial message to the society which is for the goodwill of people (plus, I am not great at romance stuff. So…if you have a problem, then don’t read my story :woman_shrugging:).

6 Likes

Expecting the story to pan out how they want it to… just because they make demands.

Like… I’m always open for suggestions or theories, but I have a strong idea of where why story is heading and I really don’t need you telling me how to write it. Why don’t you write a story yourself if that’s the case?

Except please don’t just do a rip off of my story. That’s how cliches start. Copies of stories that were originally interesting with fresh ideas permeate until people are bored of them.

8 Likes

Immediately assuming that all my characters are straight and I’m therefore bad at diversity… simply because my characters don’t go around talking about their sexuality all the time.

There are over 10 important LGBT+ characters in my story. They just don’t spend all of their screen time professing how gay they are because The Queen of Freaks ISN’T ABOUT THAT!!!

How many gay people do you know in real life who tell you they’re gay every five mins?!

11 Likes

True, who starts a conversation with “hey,I’m straight by the way. Just thought you should know.” :joy:

5 Likes

“Hello, I am a HOMOSEXUAL.” I feel like sexuality is definitely important to have with diversity but come on, realistically you do not have LGBT characters go like “so guess what my bisexual self did today?”

5 Likes

Exactly! Like, my characters are SO MUCH MORE than their sexuality — gay or straight! Anyone whose main character trait is being an LGBT+ member is just a bit of a boring character, really

3 Likes

I love my readers, but sometimes I don’t like answering the same questions over and over again.

5 Likes

When people get angry that they can’t customize, and say that authors who don’t include full customization are lazy and that our excuses for not including it are ridiculous. If an author decides not to include CC, people need to respect that.

5 Likes

@noelle09

Please, I have to understand this. I feel like I’m at the complete opposite end of the spectrum in regards to this. Like, I am happy not customizing anybody. I’m happy customizing once, and then changing lip color and hair every once and a while.

I cannot stand it…I cannot stand it…when we have to re-customize the character over and over and over. Why does this happen? (Think about it, it is relevant because how irritating is it for the writer to have to write the customizing code in every few episodes???)

Maybe anyone can answer me, not just you but I really really really want to know why:

Why do readers want to customize, re-customize, re-customize all the time?

(I get it for the writer if it might be necessary for some kind of flashback or for familial reasons, etc.)

But it literally eats me alive. XDXDXD

4 Likes

When I read stories and I have to re-customize my characters over and over again, I get very annoyed. I understand, and I completely agree, why should you have to re-customize your characters 1,000 times anyways?

3 Likes

Oof. I wanna find somebody that wants to re-customize over and over again and understand where they’re coming from.

The story I’m writing has very limited customization, so I’m trying’ to prepare, but also understand in case that’s something that comes up.

4 Likes