What do people get tired of in Episode?

What kind of flaws can we give the MC
(users choose the MC’s gender btw)

List of character flaws.

OOH WHAT IF I LET THE USER CREATE FLAWS!
Depending on how they interact with people, objects, and choices, the story remembers and gives a point in a certain area that affects later choices.
EX

Mei chooses to be rude to someone
later
Mei chooses to apoligizes to that person
later
Mei chooses to be rude to that person again
RESULTS: Selfish

other EX
MEi chooses to be rude to PC
later
Mei chooses not to apoligise to PC
later
Mei chooses to be rude to PC
RESULTS: Rude/mean

I would love to see more blind and/or deaf characters! Though as someone who’s studied ASL/Deaf culture for a few years now, I’ll tell you that lip-reading is very ineffective as most speech sounds are not visible on the lips. Unless the deaf person you’re writing has like, a really large amount of residual hearing or uses a cochlear implant (I would research these as there’s a large stigma around them and their procedure) or other assistive listening device, I don’t think they would use lip-reading as a primary means of communicating.

1 Like

So any ideas on how I would come about this on episode?
Its very limited so I am confused.

ALSO, I forgot to mention that the story I’m currently working on is based in the future on a spaceship as a war is breaking out.

1 Like

I guess they just use technology to help them lip-read, then?
It is the future :joy:

1 Like

Yeah I guess so!

But how do I make the disbility apparent.?

I’m making a story on a girl who has cancer, maybe you could try that too.

No, sorry, I don’t want anything that serious, but I do want something that could affect the story a little and it wouldn’t be something that I don’t understand.

Like @juliewrites said, I think it’s different if the story’s sci-fi/ takes place in the future. I think you have to think about the disability in the context of its enviroment. Has the human race advanced beyond the need for verbal conversation? Maybe this character can communicate telepathically (narrator bubbles w/ trippy text effects may be a cool way to do this) or through holograms (probably have to use a lot of overlays). Maybe they don’t even need to go out of their way to converse with others. Maybe people have developed some universal nonverbal language?

1 Like

I guess it depends how far in the future the story takes place then

Yeah, I’ve been thinking but I’m trying to decide what they invented and what they haven’t

Predictable love stories and the same rubbish all over and over again. This is what the episodes have all in their main stories create something original that will entertain the audience, not some predictable love story. I rather read some 6-year-old storybooks than hearing the same rant over and over again.

same

My advice, Create something very Entertaining at the same time the people literally don’t no what is happening take Kimi No Nawa (Your Name) for example.

1 Like

I get tired of seeing exes that were cheaters. Pretty much every story that I’ve ever read - whenever an ex is spoken about or appears I guess they cheated and that’s why the relationship with MC/LI ended and my guess is always right. :skull:

9 Likes

Got it, you guys are a great help.

Right? Not every couple breaks up because one of them cheats on the other. There can be other problems like time/commitment issues, family problems etc.

8 Likes