What do people mean by a rude mc?

ok so a bunch of people talk about the mc being rude and how they don’t like the story bc of the mc. what do they mean by that? is it ok for the mc to be rude to her friends as a joke?

7 Likes

people just don’t want to encourage unhealthy relationships and yes it’s a joke but it’s representing people being mean to each other. Episodes platform reaches to a wide audience and for younger kids it could promote to same idea for real life to them that it’s okay to be mean because it is a joke.
I know that not what you intended and that might not be the case for every person who read your story but it’s the possibility

5 Likes

thank you! i didn’t understand how this could impact other people. I’ll look over my script.

2 Likes

Yeah I think that’s okay! What makes me not like an MC is when they forgive like a cheater or something without giving me a choice or like when their dad kills their sister and then makes up a sob story and the MC forgives them without a choice but if your don’t do all that I think you’ll be fine :joy:

3 Likes

Hi @anon5470387
it is being mean because way tell someone in person in real life that same thing get them mad of something that can be joke but if they find out it not joke but like in mean way they correct you but as for nice person we know that when someone is mean is when said bad word or a word that can be around of a mean of negative outcome will can effect the character make in story of mc but it depends of how they respond to one another but readers want to see how relationship bond one other to each character to get along not like in relationship date just in friendship way but if they relationship grow it can be a relationship Date they is at stage but if you doing a story that like joke to character in mean way like if it crush and them they joke it can be bit joke but not to much because for me i see some story do that and it cost more and more to drama and mean so try to calm down the joke but make it bit goofy but not in a bully way :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: i unterstand the readers want way of how story in real life book is written but just please not to much toxic drama of how some story went because mc have to much cheater , romance when the character get pregnant , as for bad guy who date good girls and broke they heart , and were they kill family of sister and brother or someone and then they went from south to east and more that is cost in mc

but i unterstand and agree @ali.writes @K.Logan

1 Like

:joy: :rofl: that makes me laugh but it true

1 Like

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: true same as for me i love people get bond one another not in mean way because i feels hurt of it :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: and i see alots of LL have it in that why when some people read it they will try to go in real world and do it but when they do they make bad decision of they life so sometimes have to show kindness in story not always mean @anon5470387 so please unterstand what @K.Logan is saying is the right thing to do as i see some story who in episode app write true story and with kindness and with character bond together as friendship but not in mean way but no please no don’t follow some author who broke rules

1 Like

thank you so much! i’ll make sure the jokes aren’t too mean and I’ll look over my script to make sure the mc doesn’t come off as toxic. thank you!

1 Like

Wdym by “being mean for a joke”? Does it mean that they are cracking a joke and are saying something in the joke that is rude to the listener? Well, if that is it … it can be really harmful for young readers. They myt end up doing that IRL and say ‘it was just a joke, take it as a joke’. IDK why I find this like- when people write horrible mafia stories and say “It Is JuSt A sToRy” - !!! If this is bad, then what you’re talking about is also bad.

1 Like

you’re welcome :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: @anon5470387

1 Like

i understand. i wouldn’t want to have a bad influence on the readers. thank you

1 Like

I think they mean playfully mean like when someone says ‘what do you want to get married’ and someone says ‘sorry I’m too hot for you :heart:’ like with a close friend in a joking way

2 Likes

Well that’s okay :+1:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.