What do people think of this story plot?

I have come up with an idea for a story that I personally have not seen on Episode and I think could be an interesting plotline. It goes as follows:
You would be working as an intern for a large organisation and the story would progress through you developing relationships with colleagues and also developing your work ethic which could lead to promotions.
I would like to know what people thought of this plotline and give me some advice.
I will be adding an MC Choice of gender and possibly a love interest and choices will matter within the story.
Many thanks!

4 Likes

Sounds interesting, I don’t come across a lot of stories that take place in an office and the ones I occasionally find are rather focused on a romance with the boss than on the MC’s career… Are you planning to add choices that would determine the MC’s progress in the job? Maybe you could use the point system that would eventually lead to promotion?

1 Like

Um.
In my opinion this is a good subject for a game. But not for a story. Story should be driven by some character/-s development, plot. But achievements gain doesn’t seem to be a story plot. It could be as a part of the story itself, but from what you’ve told I don’t see much of a plot.

Yes I would be using a points system which would affect relationships with colleagues and progress within the job

1 Like

I agree with this but I think the character development can be easily shown through the MC’s relationship with his/her colleagues.

This probably comes from my love for sitcoms but I personally don’t think every story needs a strict plot as long as the author can make the chapters interesting. Honestly most of the stories on Episode have no plot at all :woman_shrugging: I mean the MC falling in love with a hot guy is not a plot but certain authors can write 50+ chapters about it.

4 Likes

Moved to Share Feedback since this is about story plots. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about where to correctly create topics, and feel to PM me if there are any questions. :wink:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.