What do you do when you are sick

I’m sick and both of my nose and throat hurt. Do you have any idea what can help me get better fast.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t wanna suggest anything cause I’m not yet qualified to do so, but your profile picture is amazing! :smiley:

2 Likes

Talking on non medical terms I would drink water and hot drinks. Look after yourself maybe take a few days off school/work. (You could try drinking lemon, hot water and honey that always helps me. ) :revolving_hearts:

3 Likes

Thanks. It one of Disney princess I admire.

2 Likes

Okay. But unfortunately I have a super cold water bottle. Plus I was sucking on a candy candy yesterday although it not really my favorite.

1 Like

Ooooh then all I can advise is my favourite thing to do when I’m ill netflix and chocolate!!! :partying_face::chocolate_bar:

1 Like

take a hot showerr and have yourself a fat nap :sneezing_face:

1 Like

My sister (who is a medical assistant) once told me to drink hot tea with honey. I’m not a big fan of tea, but I wanted my sore throat to go away so I gave it a shot. Now every time I get super sick, that’s the only thing I drink besides water. Highly suggest it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I drink vitamins.

1 Like

Tea

1 Like

Well, I used to drink green tea but that was a very long time ago.

Sounds gross but (warm) lemonade helps my throat. It’s actually quite nice too :joy:

I really don’t like lemonade but I will give it a try.

What do you do when you’re sick?

Complain and whine to my mum about it lol.

Ok but maybe, cause you mentioned you had a sore throat, you can take something like Vicks or Strepsils, something to help sooth your throat.

Feel better soon :blue_heart:

2 Likes

Thanks. Otherwise I was watching the haunted mansion all day yesterday while I was sick. Speaking of it, I didn’t know the flu could cause blindness.

1 Like

Wait, can it really?

There was a case in the news this week regarding a four year old girl in Iowa who got the flu and suffered a complication known as acute necrotizing encephalopathy. She recovered enough to go home from the hospital, but she’s currently blind because of the part of the brain that was effected and doctors are unsure whether or not it’s permanent.

2 Likes

I usually drink lots and lots of warm things. Honey is really good for the throat, I usually put it on my tea, but I believe I read somewhere that honey has more benefits when eating it without anything. And of course sleeping is always good.

2 Likes

for sore throat, try having a teaspoon of honey. sleep well and taking a shower should help too.

2 Likes

Thanks for your help and I really do feel better now.

Remember that the flu season is already started. So make sure to wash your hand every day even hang out with family and friends.

1 Like