What do you guys expect in a good story? IMPORTANT

Unexpected ending

2 Likes

I think the most important is that we can connect with our characters, feels her or his emotions.
I also really like that the story has tons of plot twist and because I’m not a really fan of romance , I get really happy and hooked when there is love but suddenly the author wrote drama, like he lied to you of something like that, I don’t like happy endings lol.
Anyone who can recommends stories that have that?

2 Likes

I think tastes are different.
I personally don’t like being trained :smiley: I don’t like guessing and choices. I like to read. Basic read.

But I also like dressing games. :smiley: Customization is not priority for me.

And in my opinion, fantasy, crime, action, adventure genres- must include drama and romance to hook me.

4 Likes

For me, it needs to have:

• Good grammar and spelling
  • A good plot that’s planned and not rushed
  • Choices
  • Needs to be realistic
  • Good directing
  • Not cringy, that’s kind of one of the big things for me… if it’s cringy I probably won’t continue reading it
2 Likes

@jessica.epi @YumCookie @N_Epi ty for replying! I will def keep all those in mind.

2 Likes

Moved to Episode Fan Community. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :wink:

1 Like

For me, I can forgive pretty much anything as long as it has a well thought out plot and three dimensional characters (unless the grammar is borderline unreadable). I especially appreciate stories where there are small, subtle hints hidden throughout the story and, if you pay close attention from the get go, you’re able to piece together some of what’s going on on your own. As for creating well rounded characters, the best advice I’ve come across is to remember most (though not all) people don’t set out to be horrible people. Everyone is the hero of their own story, even the antagonists. :wink:

1 Like

I have to say that I completely agree with all the above mentioned by @LiaMina , @CoraMae , @lanafrazer_episode, @Akira_new-writer737, @line123462, and @Zhasmin . I would also like to add my opinion for the following as well.

For me, what makes a story good is a timeless plot that is unique and includes all incorporation of characters with a great yet complex personality, as I don’t believe that all members of your stories cast should act the same, and an inclusion of diversity, whether it be people of various colors, races, sexual orientation, etc.

I feel like a lot of people enjoy stories where not all of the cast looks and acts the same. I also feel it’s important to include a great character progression within your story and not to reveal too much within the first three episodes in order to build some suspense and mystery.

Yes, we want a taste of the action but we don’t want to see it happening all at once and figure out your entire plot from episode 1 as most people don’t enjoy a predictable story and it’s nice to have some intrigue in a good story.

6 Likes

the bad guy becomes the good guys and the good guy becomes the bad guy lol

2 Likes

@SilverLady @lanafrazer_episode
well i didnt think of that point i will def keep that in mind

2 Likes

ohh nice points! i am def adding them to my notes.

1 Like

I really hate when readers comment in like the first chapter. ask why they did not get the entire plot and know evrything(like it is not explain evrything)

its because its a story you are not suppouse to know evrything in first chapter.

2 Likes

yes i hate when they do that too like they want answers to every question in the first one itself :rage:

1 Like

A story is always made a 1000 times better when there are original characters and story lines!

1 Like

Have you ever heard of a good story there answaed evrything in first chapter

or just any story at all who did that.

No because that is not how you write a story if evrything was answaed in first chapter then there was no need for litarraly evrything els of that story.

1 Like

ohh interesting!

1 Like

yep damn right girl

1 Like

Okay guys, I have almost completed ch 1 of the story “The Ember in the Stars”. I have tried my best to include everything you guys said in it.
I need someone to beta read it. It’s not completely done yet. but i am willing to hear some thoughts on it until what I am done.

Things i will be adding later:
~ Some bgs are not approved yet
~ Art scenes, splashes, intro, outro
~ Directing one scene in rabbit game you can click the rabbit on the right bottom to continue)
~ to add a mini game for magic training after a rabbit game.
~ some of the readerMessages will soon be converted into text overlays
~ Needs to be proofread still
~ CC will be added too for all mc and the LIs

Other than these, if you find some errors, let me know. I really want to know if my story is worth continuing.

@line123462 @xXMagicalUnicornXx @lanafrazer_episode @SilverLady @nattyjames.epi @LiaMina , @CoraMae , @Akira_new-writer737, @Zhasmin @N_Epi @jessica.epi

8 Likes

I’m open to beta reading!

1 Like

I love to beta read your story.

my reading is mostly just saing my opinos while I read

1 Like