What do you guys think about paid proofreading and what should be the price that you guys can afford and think is the best?

So, guys I really wanna know that what do you think about paid proofreading and what about it’s prices that you guys can afford or think is perfect, I want to be a paid proofreader and I was thinking that what is the best price to keep if I want to earn money from it :grin: any advices and suggestions are welcomed :hugs:

2 Likes

Which currency??

1 Like

Dollar and Indian rupee both :yum:

1 Like

Maybe am not sure
But around 2$ for long chapters
1.5$ for short
Because I think u are new
And in the end it’s your choice

1 Like

Haha thanks for the suggestion :hugs: Will you pay a proofreader 2$ for long episodes and 1.5$ for short episodes ?? :kissing_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Yeah sure
If am not broke :sweat:

1 Like

Haha :joy: I am also kinda broke that’s why I am taking money for proofreading lol :rofl: :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Indian parents don’t give money lamo :joy:

1 Like

You Indian ?? :grin:

1 Like

Yeah I am from Chandigarh

1 Like

Oh, I see :sweat_smile: Anyways, I get money :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: only a few times :sweat:

1 Like

Same here lol
It’s like we chatting privately
Lol sorry to make your thread occupied with my words

1 Like

Oh it’s definitely okay :rofl: I am also talking :rofl: :joy:

1 Like

Anyone else ??

I am personally broke and try to do self-proof reading, Buuuuut, I think for episode under 10 dollars. And charging by each chapter or two and by how long/ short the script is.
Also there this article about pricing for proofreaders:

1 Like

Ah I see, I also feels like it should be under 10 dollars :grinning:

1 Like

Personally, I would say it depends on your level of ability.

To actually charge for proofreading, I would say it’s 100% crucial to be great at grammar, spelling both in British English and American English, and given that it’s a visual app, you should be a strong coder and director.

You will be providing suggestions to someone in exchange for funds, so you really have to know what you’re doing. NOT saying you don’t, just explaining that this is key so whatever your level of ability is, your fee should then reflect that, and how much you’re offering to assist with. So to get a good suggestion, you might want to list what you’re able to help with :blush:

Hope all that makes sense, am typing and cooking :joy:

5 Likes

Oh sure :grinning: It makes sense for sure :relaxed: I personally can do most of the things that you have mentioned. I am really good at Grammar and Spelling in both British English and American English :kissing_smiling_eyes: So, how much should I take ?? :sweat_smile:

Well, you still haven’t actually said what you’re able to assist with, if it’s just spelling and grammar or if you can pick out, address and help fix coding/directing mistakes too.

It isn’t a service that I have used within the community, but it’s one I’ve offered for free many times, and seen advertised at various charges. Some charge by episode, some by every 3-5 episodes etc.

1 Like

Oh, I am sorry :sweat_smile: I am like a stupid sometime lol :joy: Anyways, I can also point out coding and directing mistakes :smiley: Since, I am a Advanced and Paid Coder too :money_mouth_face: