What do you guys think about the new feature story”Prosecutie”

But also, I see a lot of people (rightfully) criticizing the romanticization of murderers, gangs members and mafia members in the form.

It’s a pretty common theme in threads about the cliches people hate. :woman_shrugging:t4:

That being said, I haven’t read the new story, but if it’s anything like the few chapters of the original, I’m nervous.

10 Likes

I agree.

2 Likes

Only horror story I know of is Hunted. But then they changed it to Thriller recently.

2 Likes

Okay, I got something to say about this horror show. I’m usually pretty lenient and stuff with Episode features because you shouldn’t expect anything lest you be disappointed but these are the screens I wanna share:

First off, LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY is he STUCK like this while I’m tryna customize?? Look at the different eyes with the expression??? X’DDD So bad! It just made me laugh so much and I thought it’d make y’all laugh, too, so X’D

Next beef I got is this part, I’m like “bitch you better stay and study” But she didn’t. She’s going to the party anyway and I’m like…WTF??? Girl, I TOLD you to stay HOME (basically, the choice was actually “I’ll think about it” so it wasn’t even a real choice anyway)

BUT!! THE REAL choice game after and it made me MAD…

^ If I have to pay money to do THE RIGHT thing, I’m done. I closed it after this and was like…I’m not reading this. I’m not about to not let him have his important fucking file…that’s so scummy and wrong as hell. Like…ooof, there’s a few of these in Episode stories, but this just really irritates me. I’m not paying money to do the RIGHT thing, okay?

16 Likes

:rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Also why the hell is the customization template so outdated???

16 Likes

True story

1 Like

Legit, when I read the title I had an Incident at Owl Creek moment where in a second I thought, “Oh! Maybe this could be a fun romantic comedy of a defending lawyer and a prosecuting lawyer feeling attraction to each other during a trial and there’s both tension and romantic tension that could leave to some really funny moments ala Brooklyn 99! Oh boy, this is gonna be great!” then I read the description and I went “oh” and tapped away.

15 Likes

Side note: Could you write something like that for me to read? Sounds like it would be good

5 Likes

It would give me an excuse to binge watch a bunch of crime related comedy series and give me an outlet for dialogue that doesn’t fit in my other stores. :thinking::thinking:

7 Likes

Do itttttt

4 Likes

A lot of people have told me that episode has changed the story from the original, so I don’t feel horrible for calling it out. I won’t be reading Prosecutie, but I’m considering reading The Lawyer and Me.

I read through and commented on the first chapter on my Instagram and it really isn’t all that researched… It’s full of high school clichés in what is meant to be a law school setting. The MC goes to a party and gets drunk on the first night… if that’s not cliché, I don’t know what is…

There’s a few issues with the directing. It isn’t horrible, but it’s nothing to be wowed over, either. A lot of the time it’s basic layering and spotting issues.

I’ve got some of my favourite screenshots below:

Warning: Spoilers

21 Likes

Why the hell do they keep changing the name? What’s next? My hot totally of limits lawyer teacher smamkakakskskem ? :tired_face:

5 Likes

So I only read this thread as far to the screenshot of miss.monarch’s insta story, and i just wanna say something.

I personally have nothing against authors who wanna make stories off it. Whatever. It’s all fiction I guess… still doesn’t make it right, but whateves

I think people are mainly annoyed at the fact that Episode keeps featuring the same stories over and over again and it seems to be stories that have a romance plot that was orginally written by a regular user. But since it was popular Episode had to go and buy it and then republish it. Which, tbh seems quite unfair to people who have already read it because once it’s featured ppl can get gems.

People just seem to be mad at Episode lately, who - in similar words to users here - “can’t do anything right”, and pick at anything they can that they’re upset with.

sorry, im probably just saying information that everybody already knew/thought

15 Likes

Slightly off topic, but I just wanna say, I’ve never dealt with a lawyer that didn’t lie. They definitely lie. Assholes…I hate lawyers LOLOLOL

Also, yeah I agree, I don’t like Jen because boring war stories?!?!?!?

…boi

War stories aren’t boring. >.> Ever like at all, anything to do with it, please. This story made me so angry so quick LOL

10 Likes

Lol, if they lie, they definitely don’t deserve to be practicing law. It’s literally the first thing we learn in law school: Don’t lie.

9 Likes

If cliche had another definintion the entire featured section on episode would be included (along with all the other trending fantasy, drama and romance stories)

2 Likes

I definitely not been to law school, but like…just wow. Humans, amirite? LOL

But yeah, you’re right. This story needs to burn in hell and never return. X’DDDDDDDDDDD

2 Likes

Of course Episode didn’t do any accurate research into this lmao

8 Likes

Boring court stories? Boring court war stories?? Man, I do taxes for a living and some of the court cases I’ve read are kind of actually hilarious? At least interesting, even the one where it ended up debating the definition of the word “may” is interesting because it’s related to my field! Yeah, if your main character in law school finds cases boring, that might not be the right school.

10 Likes