What do you know about New Zealand?

YES
Definitely.
I would read it in a heartbeat.

3 Likes

yes

3 Likes

LL or Ink?

Depends on yoour story and what kind of clothing youā€™re needing. Some of the new LL tattoos would be good for Maoriā€™s

2 Likes

Your right maybe Iā€™ll do it in LL

3 Likes

They have an AMAZING female soccer team. I play as them in Fifa 18.

2 Likes

In the primary school I went to , we had a load of kids from all over the world and one of them w s from NZ (we also had a teacher from there too, so we knew a few things )

1 Like

YAS, it snows ā€¦ I think some parts snow more than other parts

2 Likes

AUSTRALIA AND NEW ZEALAND ARE NOT THE SAME! We are not a continent. Oh ma god. Thatā€™s like saying Canada and America are the same. We are in the Oceania ā€œcontinentā€

1 Like

But Australia is a continent, as well as a country

1 Like

We are not part of Australia

1 Like

I didnā€™t say you wereā€¦ Iā€™m just saying Australia is a continent lol, NZ is not. You guys are part of Oceania, like you said

2 Likes

Thank you

Sorry. Itā€™s just a thing. All kiwis get pissed about this.

1 Like

Letā€™s seeā€¦
There are fjords and other awesome scenery, and Lord of the Rings was filmed there.
There are flightless birds called kiwis.
Some major cities are Auckland and Wellington (Wellington is the capital, I believe).
New Zealand was first on some sort of freedom ranking a few years ago.
There is a Union Jack and a constellation on the flagā€“unless you ended up changing it.
The official languages are English and Maori.
The Maoris were the inhabitants when Europeans arrived, and they had previously driven out some other nations.
Also Sheep.
Thatā€™s about it.

4 Likes

I understand. If someone told me Canada and America was the same, likeā€¦no one said it, believing it, but just seeing it written and typing it myself, I literally felt gross.

Canada is to America like Oklahoma is to Texas. LOL

BTW, I have no problem with Canadians if it seemed like it could be perceived that way. Just joking around with our attic friends!

3 Likes

Wow you know a lot! All is correct!

2 Likes

Ah, thank you! (Score one for the U.S. XD)
I forgot to mention in the post, but I always like reading stories explicitly set away from the usual California/New York/Paris/etc.

3 Likes

I resonate with this so much. All the backgrounds are made for these places, likeā€¦they arenā€™t even the coolest places in America to be?? LOL

3 Likes

Chur fellow Kiwi, @xXMagicalUnicornXx, (and @Mouse.Episode too)
Nah Yeah, I think making a Kiwi story will be a swell. It might even convince me that I should get back on the app, which I havenā€™t been on properly in almost a year :cold_sweat:

So, to answer your questionā€¦

What do I know about NZ...

Pretty much everything as Iā€™ve travelled about 95% of NZ, and am born and raised, despite not actually currently living there.

What do most people think they know about NZ...
  • Weā€™re all Hobbits (LoTR and The Hobbit are movies, itā€™s NOT our country!!!)
  • The Kiwi (bird)
  • Nature and greenery
  • Sheep Though I think Aussie has moreā€¦
  • Weā€™re Aussies! No, weā€™re not, and we sound different too!
  • Auckland is the capital Grrā€¦ Really, people think this, Iā€™m not joking.
  • All Blacks! Need I say more?

What people should know and learn about NZ...
  • Weā€™re some of the most relaxed people, but if work needs to be done then we get down and do it.
  • There are THREE definitions of the word Kiwi!
  • Try watching ā€œWhale Riderā€, ā€œBoyā€, ā€œWhat We Do in the Shadowsā€, and ā€œHunt for the Wilderpeopleā€
  • One of the only countries to have not broken our treaty with the NZ natives.
  • The first country IN THE WORLD to give women the vote.
  • We also had the first female counsellor in Office in the late 1800s
  • We are more of a dairy cow culture than a sheep one.
  • The continent of Oceania/Australasia (depending on where youā€™re from), is made of Papua New Guinea, Aussie, NZ, and the islands.
  • Welly is the third capital of NZ
  • Pineapple Lumps are AMAZING!
  • Whittakerā€™s is the best chocolate in the WORLD!
  • And just mention Milford Sound, 'cause itā€™s pretty! :wink:

Sorry, went a little overboard! :flushed::flushed::flushed:

Cheers,
Caliope :wink:

3 Likes