What do you know about Sweden? I need help for my story!

Hi there!
I’m writing a story and I need help from all of you! In my story I want to show some weird and basic stuff the Swedish people do. Since I live in Sweden, I can’t really know what the rest of the world know about it. Therefore I need your help. It feels like you may have heard of “Fika” or that we have ketchup on pasta, but I have no idea. So what is the weirdest thing you have heard about Sweden?

And I also want to know if this is a good idea or if it’s just weird and not funny.
So could you please help me and write down what you think and know about Sweden.

Thank you :heart: (sorry if my grammar is bad by the way) and be safe everyone :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I live in Denmark, Astrid Lindgren is defiantly something I know.

also fact orginal version of the Pippie movies, and other of her books, they are best in Swedish, grew up with that, and Narrator saying what people were saying and doing, they got a Danish dub with DVD release, and its horrible, they really did them dirty.

3 Likes

Yeah I’ve seen those and they are indeed terrible.

2 Likes

the worst part is they got to do them so bad, this is a beloved series, by almost evryone in the country, my niece who have only seen the dub, and not original with narrator even think they are bad,she rather see the cartoon, which at least has good voice acting

3 Likes

I still need more help guys! :yum:

1 Like

I’m from Finland. So I might be able to help. I’m Gonna tell all I know once I have a bit More time in few minutes

2 Likes

Oops I 100% forgot.

I know swedes are not as good in Ice hockey as Finland. Stocholm is your capital. Sauna is also a thing there So is moomins. There are finns living there. Ikea. Your language is Hard af. Culturewise I’d say pretty similar to Finland, except of course some small things are different.

3 Likes

Okay haha thank you so much, it really helped me!

1 Like

@fraud can help, she’s from Sweden :nerd_face: :cherry_blossom:

2 Likes

Finnish is hard! Not Swedish :laughing: How many kasus do you have? 11? 14?

Hehe, thanks for the tag Jem :two_hearts:

Hm… we… avoid strangers on the street, bus, tube etc.

We avoid our neighbors (at least in some apartment buildings :joy:)

Stundentflak is kind of weird, I wish we had the Norwegian russe instead.

Surströmming, smörgåstårta… hm… I don’t know

@Tusse?

3 Likes

swedish fish

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

Bump :yum: :upside_down_face:

You have this super cute houses, great nature and you celebrate midsummer (is this the right vocabulary??) Of course food (kanelbullar :heart: :heart_eyes: and fish),IKEA and you have a Royal Family. I think Sweden is a super cool country. Sorry for my bad English, I’m from Germany

1 Like

Hi, thank you for your answer, and I think it’s right vocabulary.

1 Like

Finnish isn’t hard, Swedish is.

1 Like

No! The other way around

You have like 11 kasuses or something :joy:

1 Like

Bump :heart: :crazy_face:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.