What Do You Like About Coding?

So I know everyone have their strength and weaknesses when coding a particular scene? What scenes do u like to code and some scenes you don’t like to code? Lol But u still have to code them. :relieved::joy:

10 Likes

I seriously enjoy coding more dramatic scenes as my characters use magic because it gets so much easier for me to spot direct the magic orbs used.

I used to hate having to code choices (and I still do, to this day, hence why I personally decided to not have choices in my story)

11 Likes

Nice! :100::joy:

1 Like

I love coding scenes that have turning points in them and that are important in determining the path of the story. :revolving_hearts: I dislike coding scenes with lots of people, crowds, like at school or a festival, etc. I dread it :cry:

12 Likes

i would say i love coding background characters at busy places, to be fair i love coding all together the only thing i dislike would be coding intricate overlays that are rotating or something :weary:

4 Likes

I LOVE coding action scenes or scenes in general that use a lot of movement. It’s the boring old dialogue scenes that make me lose motivation :joy:
Especially when I’m trying something new and FINALLY get it right! A big wave of confidence and adrenaline gets released :star_struck:

5 Likes

I pretty much like most of the directing, overlays, characters but for me the more complex the better. I usually have a very specific effect in mind and I like to really work my brain to figure out how to do it.

for example

I want to animate letters in words so that each drops into the camera one after another. I spent like 4 - 5 hours figuring how to direct and I achieved it. It is in the beginning of my story which won’t be published for a long time.

5 Likes

i do that too :rofl: i won’t rest until my episode story looks straight out of a netflix show :weary::rofl:

6 Likes

I have a love/hate relationship with coding mini games. I hate to code them but love how they turn out.
I don’t like coding scenes with lots of characters because spotting them takes forever.
I enjoy coding dramatic scenes the most.

4 Likes

This!! I am tired of it! That’s why I make script templates now. :joy:

2 Likes

I love coding looping backgrounds and animating gifs! At first when I learned I hated them, but now a campfire or cigarette smoke just looks so good! :heart_eyes:
And I hate the speechbubble placement, because it’s so boring! If you want to be precise, you literally have to code it almost in all of the dialogues and that’s so tiring. :tired_face:

4 Likes

I should start doing that tbf :sob::sob:

1 Like

Honestly what part gets me is dialogue . And adding scenes in to make my episodes longer .
I kinda like coding crowds depending on it . As well as other things like tappables , ol’s and all .

2 Likes

Funny enough, creating mini-games is what I enjoy. I like the idea of being challenged to code out a whole new template with the level of coding I know. Even though the overlay work can be long and writing it from scratch requires a lot of patience, I love the creative freedom that it gives.

What I don’t like coding, wellll… not exactly coding but making background characters. I have very poor eye for looks. Maybe because I was never the looker (meaning I can’t tell a good-looking person from a bad-looking person) and more into their personality.

4 Likes

I feel this tbh . I suck at making characters and outfits

2 Likes

Finally someone! I have to rely on forums and character drives to get by. Outfits from either the forums or Instagram posts.

1 Like

I love coding mini games and custom dressing games :sweat_smile:

The back and forth, making sure everything is where it needs to be, labels, gains - really fun to figure out coding “puzzles”.

Gifs are fun too :relaxed:

1 Like

Yess! Same!

1 Like

Moved to Episode Fan Community since this is not about story ideas or reviews. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :smiley:

Yeah, that would be a good idea.

It really is, but we have to do it so everything will go according to plan. XD

Same here.

I know right, but maybe get inspired from looking a pictures on google and just roll with it.

2 Likes