What Do You Like About Coding?

I love when I try to do something innovative and it ends up looking really cool!

I do struggle coding intricate scenes/games sometimes because it takes time and I lose motivation lol.

2 Likes

I like seeing my writing come to life and making my scenes as aesthetically pleasing as possible through overlays and filters

3 Likes

Speechbubble placement, playing with filters, when the zoom/cut/pan timings all come together—basically anything that signifies I’m moving onto the next scene lol

3 Likes

The part I enjoy best with coding is watching how it all comes to play. Watching what you created it’s an awesome feeling.

7 Likes

Yes!!! And you be like: “Damn, I got this!”

3 Likes

YESSSSS!!! I feel like I get a burst of determination and will!! It Feels Great!

3 Likes

I also have fun putting together characters and outfits to fit a certain aesthetic, she writes while in gemless Episode character clothing.

2 Likes

Yep! Yep! Yep! Yep! Yep!!

giphy

3 Likes

There was also that one time in one of my classes last year when if statements came up and I already knew what they were cause Episode.

3 Likes

I love coding dramatic and intense scenes, like confrontations/fights, big reveals, or even death scenes. I don’t like coding scenes with a lot of background characters, mundane scenes, boring scenes, scenes with super complex directing, like overlays. I haven’t tried tappables yet because they’re so freakin hard. In general, I love seeing my story come together and look like it’s straight out of a TV show.

3 Likes

Nice

1 Like

Thank you.

1 Like

Coding allows people to create complex and sophisticated programs that can solve problems and improve daily life. It is a highly creative and challenging process that can stimulate the mind and foster problem-solving skills. Additionally, coding can lead to job opportunities and enable people to work on exciting and innovative projects.

2 Likes

I hate no, I HATE IF , ELIF, ELSE AND IF , ELSE
I HATE IT
IT CONFUSES ME EVERYTIME

3 Likes

With a proper template it’s simple to understand :sob: took me forever to, though. I could explain it to you in dms if you want!!

3 Likes

I would really appreciate that! :sob:
I did understand it a little bit and to the point that the my code had no errors but when I played the story on the app, It wasn’t working.

3 Likes

For real. :sob: I dislike it too.

2 Likes

Same here. It also doesn’t work on mobile either, which is even worse. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I enjoy coding! I saw this being mentioned about the background characters in this thread and I can’t help but to agree. Currently, I’m writing a horror story and in some scenes the characters get surrounded by a crowd of vampires. In order to do that, I have to make completely new vampire characters just for the scene. I’m a perfectionist and all the vampires literally have to look different - like making sure they wear different clothes, different hairstyles/hair colors, etc. It’s a lot of work, but it pays off.

1 Like

Update: I now have a tappable menu in Deadly Nightshade and it’s so cool!

1 Like