What do you like about Episode? - vol.2

Hey guys,
This is my attempt to resurrect a thread, which unfortunately got closed months ago.
All credit to @AllyJay Iā€™m not sure if you are still active on the forums, but I really miss your posts :disappointed:
Since I think she covered these points pretty well, I will just quote her below hoping that we can continue this discussion.

What do you like about Episode?:

15 Likes

How did you discover Episode and what made you decide to download it?
I discovered Episode through Mean Girls. I downloaded it and played the first season and never used the app again until my Lovatic friend made me use it again for Demi Lovatoā€™s story. Lol
Its really nice that characters are moving, I think thats why I downloaded it.

What made you keep it on your phone/tablet?
I didnā€™t know how to find other stories rather than Episode featured onesā€¦ So I guess the old featured stories were good enough.

What made you join the forum and what made you stay?
I joined the old forums for directing questions but because of how ugly the layout was, I was never able to find anything. What made me stay? Wellā€¦ I guess my love for participating in online communities. And sometimes its fun to see whats going on here.

When did you decide to start writing your own story on Episode (if you have)?
As soon as I discovered that everyone is able to write lol

What do you like most about being an author on Episode (if you are)?
I guess when people really like your stories that they discuss stuff and make theories? Iā€™m not at that point yet.

What are, in your opinion, the best parts about being part of the Episode community?
Eh. Some people seem cool but they are mostly on IG, not the forums.

Any kind words for the Episode team?
Eh. I guess a thank you for the old stories they made. I really liked those and I only kept the app for those :joy:

Any shout-outs to give? Mention a story, an author, a friend on the forum, a member of the Episode team, a forum topic you often spend time in, anything or anyone related to Episode
Read Fine Line and Forever Young for good grades and clear skin. :relieved::sparkles:

4 Likes

How did you discover Episode and what made you decide to download it? my friend was playing choice and It seems interesting so I search for it in app store. Then episode also pop up and it seems more interesting than choices so I download Episode.
What made you keep it on your phone/tablet? I just like reading the stories here. I actually stopped reading for a while because of a inappropriate story.
What made you join the forum and what made you stay? Cause I was bored of just reading stories. So I join forum. This is a interesting website and you get to interact with other human beings/writer instead of graphic characters.
When did you decide to start writing your own story on Episode (if you have)? When I have to wait for passes and I decided to creating stories (on mobile) when waiting. Then I discovered writer portal and forum.
What do you like most about being an author on Episode (if you are)? Itā€™s just fun to script
characters to do what you want them to do instead of following a storyline
What are, in your opinion, the best parts about being part of the Episode community? knowing there are more weird people out there
Thanks for creating such an amazing game/community!

2 Likes

Discovered it through their stupid ads, but didnā€™t download it until I was really bored one day and it was at the top of the play store app list,so I thought ā€œwhy not?ā€

What made you keep it on your phone/tablet?/Why are you still here?
Um, nothing? I actually gave up on it for a whileā€¦ Maybe 6 months, because I found it so hard to navigate and couldnā€™t read anything except for Mean Girls, Demi or My Brotherā€™s Best Friend. Then I got a new phone and it started downloaded all my synced apps or whatever and I found Episodeā€™s layout changed, so it was easier to find user stories, and thatā€™s what made me stay the second time around.

I joined it so I could enter the Star Power contest, but I was reading posts long before that whenever I needed directing tips. Iā€™m still here for a lot of different reasons, I guess, but if I had to sum it up, credit to @FallenAngelNight13 :kissing_heart: for making the Episode Community category what it is today, because thatā€™s really what keeps me around. Oh, and I guess my review thread has kept me here, because you know, responsibilities and allā€¦ I canā€™t let it die out.

Once I found out that literally anyone could write a story, I decided to do it. And my whole goal was that I just wanted to make a story where a choice was never rejected (because the featured stories do that all. the. time).

Just that I can code. I feel like the fact that I can type all these random commands and have it turn into an animation is the coolest thing I can do. It makes me feel kinda tech-savvy.

What are, in your opinion, the best parts about being part of the Episode community?
It has to be the people. Iā€™ve met so many nice people here, discovered a lot of great stories, received some really touching feedback on my own stories, participated in interesting discussions, found a place to share my opinion, so yeahā€¦

Thanks for giving us the ability to write our own stories.

Any shout-outs to give? Mention a story, an author, a friend on the forum, a member of the Episode team, a forum topic you often spend time in, anything or anyone related to Episode.

People
Episode Fan Community Squad

I already said @FallenAngelNight13 for being the Episode Fan Community Queen.
But also to the following people who I consider frequent contributes to the episode fan community: @ParkLow_G @EliseC @Annieways @Caitoriri @kw.episode @AllyJay @ShanniiWrites @EpisodeShadow @Whispering_Flower @PaulParmar1
I know sometimes our opinions are different, but I like that we all can express them anyway. Even though some of you arenā€™t that active anymore, or some of you Iā€™ve never spoken to so this must seem really random to tag you, I feel we all have made important contributions to discussions, etc. Itā€™s nice weā€™re able to have open dialogue and I wish more people would join us.

My most amazing beta reader

@HermanEpisode for so many different things, most of which you probably know, but mostly because I didnā€™t think I would be able to get anyone to Beta Read for me, or at least not someone as supportive and detailed as you were, and then you showed up :blush: I donā€™t think you will ever know how much confidence you gave me in myself.

My frequent PMers

@Annie_BeauTy and @Mimibrix
I love that I can talk about my stories with you girls, and that I also get to hear first hand what youā€™re also up to. It makes me feel so privileged :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Topics

I am grateful for any topic that starts with the words: Letā€™s talk aboutā€¦ or Discussion:

12 Likes

Aweeee :blush: :heart:

1 Like

) How did you discover Episode and what made you decide to download it?

I was reading this other chapter like story. One of those like anime stories? Well, it was kinda like a pay to play after awhile so I was like byefelishaa So I downloaded the recommend app - Episode!_

) What made you keep it on your phone/tablet?

I liked to read the stories in the morning as like a way up bookā€¦ multitask as I read and eat. Plus the featured stories could be read offline which was a plus. Plus, eventually I got into making my own- and I needed the app lol.

Ah, I joined the forumā€¦ heheā€¦ for the Motherā€™s Day Contest & I couldnā€™t find my story (because of the Manage My Stories tab lol). I stayed because I got really into the Story Game and Role Play sub section. Toward the mid last year I forgot why I wanted to do this, but I was really sick of the EFC (Episode Fan Community) because it was legit a Promote Your Story Thread. So I started discussions and like letā€™s talk about and I think that encouraged lots of more topics. (Donā€™t tell my SG / RP friends but I like the EFC more lol).

) When did you decide to start writing your own story on Episode (if you have)?

Like most people on this forum, I really wanted to be a writer. However, I was really really stuck on descriptions. People can look at like a tree- and describe it in a paragraph. Like. damn I canā€™t do that. All of my ā€˜firstā€™ books were actually comics or mostly Dialog. Eventually, I realized that I donā€™t like writing, I like script writing. I saw the user section around this time and I made the connection that this is something I can excel at.

) What do you like most about being an author on Episode (if you are)?

Prior to my six-month break, I really liked writing because of the reads and characters I create. Now I really like coding and the plot (and characters). I really really like coding yall. Plus, I discovered ways to incorporate video games into Episodeā€™s coding, so hehe, I love typing. Itā€™s like my two favorite things into one.

) What are, in your opinion, the best parts about being part of the Episode community?

I like the EFC fam ^_^. I like the discussions - most of the time. I wish people would talk more, but since I just posted on a stop silencing thread It feels a bit weird saying that lol. I like the how the community is mostly girls (I know that sounds weird, but I played video games with boys from like 7years-16years old and like I never had a internet friend that was a girl till here.)

) Any kind words for the Episode Team?

Jeremy needs a raise for dealing with us lol. Sydney too. ā€“ Thank you Episode Team for providing an app like no other. I believe by allowing people to write their own stories (and code them) helps them mentally and for jobs saying ''I know how to code"

5 Likes

I was a little disappointed when I logged in and I saw that there was only one new post (which was the second one) but then: ā€œOh my God, Amberose is typing!ā€

I completely agree about @FallenAngelNight13 being the Episode Community Queen :smiley: I probably wouldnā€™t have stayed here for a long time if it wasnā€™t for her discussion threads, so really, thank you @FallenAngelNight13.

I was really happy to see so many people on your shout-out list and Iā€™m really happy to be one of them. There was something else I wanted to say, but I donā€™t remember now so I will just put this here:

because again, I couldnā€™t agree more.

3 Likes

What do you mean by this? Iā€™m not sure I understand but I think Iā€™m interested to know :smiley:

1 Like

So like, does this make me Episode Community Princess then? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: but for real, reading that just warmed my heart.

I guess I really need to also add an extra shout out for you @Annieways because you always try to make positive topics, which I really appreciate. I still remember that rant on the ranting thread. Most of my top comments are negative things about Episode, which kinda makes me feel weird because I do love it, so Iā€™m thankful that you try and spread more positivity on the forums. Sorry itā€™s not as popular as ranting though :confused:

I agree with this tooā€¦ Like on this topic, for example :smirk: I donā€™t care if people have a different opinion to me, I just find it interesting just to see what everyone has to say.

7 Likes

I actually canā€™t remember how I discovered it- possibly an ad?- but it was when Episode was first released. I downloaded it because it made me think of those ā€œchoose your own adventureā€ books that I used to love as a kid. At the time there were very few stories (Campus Crush, The Captainā€™s Daughter etc) and I got bored pretty quickly.

It actually didnā€™t last very long, but then in mid-2016 I re-downloaded it mostly because I was bored. I kept it on my tablet this time because there were so many more stories to read.

I joined around the time I decided to create my own story mostly because I thought it was something you had to do to promote/share your story. It took me a while to become active. For the first couple of months, I really just lurked or occasionally posted my first story in those ā€œShare Your Storyā€ threads.

Towards the end of 2016. It wasnā€™t published until January 2017.

I love that we can bring our stories to life with characters and animations.

The people. Iā€™ve met a lot of pretty awesome people both on the forums and on IG.

I really do like the writerā€™s portal and Iā€™m glad it was created. This is the only interactive story app with a writerā€™s portal (to my knowledge?), and I am glad that we have the ability to write and share our own stories.

6 Likes
  • How did you discover Episode and what made you decide to download it?
    - I wanna say I found Episode through the app section, just looking to see what was popular. It looked fun and interesting, as well as different, so I downloaded it.
  • What made you keep it on your phone/tablet?*
    - I actually deleted it a while after I downloaded it. I only played the Demi stories at first and deleted it when they took ages to update. Then my dog got sick and passed away, and I needed something to occupy my mind with, and downloaded the app again. I eventually discovered user stories (which are the real treasures of the app, obv), and stayed.
  • What made you join the forum and what made you stay?
    - Wanting to write, and read the directing tips as well as post. And I stay because people on here are pretty nice.
  • When did you decide to start writing your own story on Episode (if you have)?
    - Last summer!
  • What do you like most about being an author on Episode (if you are)?
    - How people respond to what I put out there. I am my hardest critic so I am simultaneously always like ā€œread my stuff!ā€ Then people read it and Iā€™m like, nodontpls. Also being able to be creative and bring stories to life is amazing.
  • What are, in your opinion, the best parts about being part of the Episode community?
    - Everyone is fairly supportive and kind.
  • Any kind words for the Episode team?
    - Thanks for putting up with us, I know itā€™s not easy. Weā€™re like unruly teens, at times and you have so many of us. Bless your hearts and your patience. And thank you for the writerā€™s portal, which is truly a gift.
  • Any shout-outs to give? Mention a story, an author, a friend on the forum, a member of the Episode team, a forum topic you often spend time in, anything or anyone related to Episode.
    - Iā€™m going to give a shout out to @Apes and @JemU776 because their patience and kindness for helping people knows no bounds!
8 Likes

Thank you :heart_eyes_cat:
Iā€™ve seen you be so helpful on the Forums, too, donā€™t forget to show appreciation to yourself! :sparkling_heart: Youā€™ve helped others with directing tips and that is super kind of you. Wishing you lots of good luck <3

Also, Iā€™m sorry about what happened to your dog, that must have been very upsetting : (
But I am glad to know you found a way to cope. Sometimes itā€™s hard, but we need something to occupy ourselves.
Youā€™re a very strong, determined person and Iā€™m glad I have the pleasure to get to know you :wink:
If you ever want to talk about anything you are going through (only if youā€™re comfortable doing so) Iā€™m here to listen : )
P.S Even when times are tough, remember to stay optimistic

^^

5 Likes

Thank you so much for your lovely comments, you are so sweet!! I appreciate you a lot. :heart:

and I definitely try to help where I can! I know weā€™re all beginners at some point, and itā€™s really nice to be able to help people when possible. :blush:

4 Likes

:kissing_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

I donā€™t really know how to explain it other than health / attack using points in Episode. So I can create battle scenes in my stories :open_mouth:

3 Likes

I saw an ad on Facebook and decided to download it. Although I deleted a few minutes later :joy: then I saw it again and decided to give this app a second chance and this time it stayed!

I couldnā€™t stop reading a few stories and it was something different and interesting!

I joined when I started learning how to code. I read the threads, asked questions and then I decided to help others :blush:

Summer 2017, although I have a lot of unpublished stories from before that I started and didnā€™t finish.

I love the support, encouragement. I love that we can also show everything! And I love my friends whom I met through the app or here on the forums!

We all here to write or read stories! The best thing is that people support one another!

Thank you for creating this app! For letting us to write and for updates that make us want to write even more (although I miss my INK updates :sweat_smile:)

Any shout-outs to give? Mention a story, an author, a friend on the forum, a member of the Episode team, a forum topic you often spend time in, anything or anyone related to Episode.

@kw.episode thank you for mentioning me :heart: You always here to help everyone as well! And guys sheā€™s a recent shelf queen :crown: :clap:t2:

@RudeInception my epi bestie! :blue_heart: Always here to have each others back and support! We understand each other very well and have the same vision how Episode should look like. Sheā€™s the most honest person I know and sheā€™s not scared to say if something is not right! Shout out to her story ā€LOBITAā€ who was featured last week! Finally!

@Daisy_W without you I would probably stop writing :joy: thank you for your endless support, helping when Iā€™m stuck and with ideas and proofreading my script, and for your amazing story ā€Flashback Fridayā€ which deserves way more reads and letā€™s not forget your amazing art :heart_eyes:

@J.Miley who is my friend now for 2 years or longer :thinking: who gives us amazing, true, life-changing, honest and valuable stories which deserves way more reads! ā€Speakā€ is a must read! :rose:

@Liz hope you come back soon because we miss you! :grin:

8 Likes

I found Episode as an ad on Facebook and decided to give it a try because I like to read.

I read a few of the featured stories and loved the fact it was like reading and watching a movie at the same time. Then I found user stories and that hooked me for good.

I joined the forum to find new stories that were not in the top trending section. I stayed because of the topics, finding new stories, and the ability to share my favorites.

There are so many amazing people in this community. I like being able to connect with my favorite authors and share my love for particular stories.

Thank you for creating this wonderful app. Love it!

Any shout-outs to give? Mention a story, an author, a friend on the forum, a member of the Episode team, a forum topic you often spend time in, anything or anyone related to Episode

@J.Miley is an amazing author that is down to earth and very supportive. She writes phenomenal stories that deserve so many more reads. Speak is a must read for its honest, realistic, portrayal of mental health problems, Seriously, I think itā€™s the best story on the app. Detenu is a post-apocalyptic gem when jaw-dropping directing. Pregnant By My Twinā€™s Studentā€™s Gang Leader Dad is a hilarious parody in all three episode styles. Chicanery is her new story with flawless directing about murder and obsession.

@PaulParmar1 is a great friend in this community. I love sharing our favorite stories and insights with each other.

@FallenAngelNight13 for her amazing topics. I always look forward to your ā€œLetā€™s Talk Aboutā€¦ā€ posts.

@Liz we canā€™t wait till you come back! The community hasnā€™t been the same without you.

7 Likes

You are absolutely one of my favorite people. I need to be better about messaging you. But yes I love chatting with you about stories also. Itā€™s so much easier to bounce ideas with a buddy. :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

3 Likes

Exactly my thoughts. I hope that Episode will consider that raise to the mods, what @FallenAngelNight13 mentioned :smiley:

4 Likes

I was looking for reading apps besides Kindle when I stumbled upon Episode. I liked the idea of interactive reading, so downloaded it.

I actually uninstalled it for a while back when the only stories available were Campus Crush and Real Hollywood (both in Classic). I got into another app and just lost interest. I downloaded it later and started seeing the Ink style and User stories and have stayed ever since.

I joined the forum when I started to write, to connect with other authors and try to boost my read count. I did a ton of read for reads and formed many friendships that I maintain today.

I think I first started writing in the fall of 2016. I am not entirely sure when I started writing as I have deleted my original Episode story that I will rewrite later.

I like that I can show readers instead of just telling. I suffered a traumatic brain injury in a car accident in 2014 and struggle with expressive aphasia. I have what I want to say in my mind, but I struggle to put it into words. With Episode, I can show, rather than just tell. One look can mean 1000 words.

The people. I have social anxiety which was only made worse after my accident. If I am around too many people, especially if they are all talking at the same time, it physically hurts my head. Being in the Episode community, I can still socialize with people without being overstimulated.
I have also met some amazing people. The support so many in this community have shown me sometimes brings tears to my eyes.

Thank you for giving me an outlet to express my thoughts and stories. I would probably still just be writing poetry and keep my words to myself without Episode. Thank you for the support you give the authors, and that you try to highlight diversity within the community with your shelves.

@Apes was the very first person I met in this community. She left my first fan mail when I started writing, and has supported me for the past two years. She found value in my work, even when it wasnā€™t the best.

@Beeble_Hope has been one of my longest friends in the community. We met through a read for read and she has believed in me when I could not believe in myself.

@AnnieAEpisode has been another huge supporter of me, and I appreciate all the recommendations and shout outs!

@Liz and @Cass thank you for giving my story a chance a year ago. You boosted my confidence like nothing else.

@Jeremy and @Arlene Thank you for your continued help with support issues. Although they are still not resolved, I really appreciate the progress.

5 Likes