What do you like about Episode? - vol.2

I’m surprised that you say you struggle with expressing yourself because everytime I read your posts I think you are extremely good with words :slightly_smiling_face: I will be completely honest with you: I never read Speak because I feel uncomfortable about sensitive topics, but now I’m going to read it just because of this short paragraph.

4 Likes

I have good days and I have bad days, just like everything else. A lot of times, I will skip what I am trying to say and come back to it later. I also sit and type out what I want to say and read over it a dozen times before sending it, and usually end up modifying later. There are a lot of times I find that my words are misinterpreted from the way they are meant.
Speak can be a difficult story to read. While it does cover a lot of sensitive issues that I have struggled with over the years, I try to do it in a very tasteful manner. I find too many times that some of these topics are glamorized, romanticized, or downplayed (ie… love makes everything better). It is a constant battle, a battle that many people endure for years, decades, and even their whole life. I hope it not only shows insight into the struggle for people that do not struggle but also give hope and reassurance to those who do.

Have a great day!!

8 Likes

bump

1 Like

Bump

1 Like

Bump

2 Likes

Yay, thanks!

I believe you haven’t commented on this yet, so if you have the time and you are in the mood, it can be your turn :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

How did you discover Episode and what made you decide to download it?

I don’t remember. I think…um…It was advertised on another app like Nikki or something >.>
Anyway, I’ve always liked visual storytelling, and I’d tried Choices before and didn’t like it. Thought I’d give it a try and it isn’t bad ^^

What made you keep it on your phone/tablet?
The first story I read kinda had me interested. It was a 30 chapter story, Bad Boy’s Girl. And then I saw that I could create my own, so I decided to try it. On my mobile phone, I decided to write a thing. I wrote the first two chapters on my mobile without using coding on a desktop. LOL >.> That’s why it sucks so bad at first. (of course I edited it, tho. Some things just can’t be salvaged XD) Me writing this story I’ve had for a while in my head is ultimately what got me to stay, I think.

What made you join the forum and what made you stay?

I had a lot of questions when I first started coding, naturally, so I read a lot before I even thought “hey, I can actually post stuff here >.>” I like the community here and the interesting and fun topics like the Polls, Memes thread, and all the discussion threads.

When did you decide to start writing your own story on Episode (if you have)?

I was in the middle of Bad Boy’s Girl, so it was early. I stayed up for HOURS in the night trying to figure it out on my phone before I decided to get on a desktop and spend hours there instead ^^

What do you like most about being an author on Episode (if you are)?

Just writing. I like writing. That’s it. Not that complex or special, really ^^

What are, in your opinion, the best parts about being part of the Episode community?

Artistic/creative people all sharing ideas and getting advice from each other as well as teaching each other all sorts of other things <3

Any kind words for the Episode team?

I have no complaints. Thank you for the platform that you don’t have to provide for us at all <3 <3 You give all of us an opportunity to grow here and share our ideas in the form of a story <3

Any shout-outs to give? Mention a story, an author, a friend on the forum, a member of the Episode team, a forum topic you often spend time in, anything or anyone related to Episode.

It has been a long time, I can’t remember the people all those months ago that helped me with a 3 whole questions I had when I first started XDXD Just Episode in general! The tutorials provided are all so helpful! <3 <3 And when I was too daft to notice something in the tutorials and documents, I could come to these forums in Directing Help and see very many helpful things (some I didn’t even think of when I was looking through the stuff!)

5 Likes

Bump :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::tada::purple_heart:

1 Like
  • How did you discover Episode and what made you decide to download it?
    The Love Island Game, actually (an earlier addiction thanks to Cody & Noel from YouTube). It came up as an ad, and the particular story seemed corny.
    I found myself wondering “okay, what kinda goofy mess is this.” and downloaded it.
    I haven’t pulled myself away every since.

• What made you keep it on your phone/tablet?*
    Boredom, mostly. I’m in between jobs and in a rough patch at the moment, and it’s a pretty decent distraction while I’m applying for new opportunities. I also enjoy the interactive narrative experience.

• What made you join the forum and what made you stay?
    I would like to start writing again, and I would like to write my own story for the app. I felt that the forum could be a good place to get a sense of the community, what feedback people have to offer for each other, what kind of stories people are tired of hearing, what people would like to see more of, and how I can incorporate that information into my writing, while not losing sight of what I would like to write about.

• What are, in your opinion, the best parts about being part of the Episode community?
    The honest feedback everyone gives each other, as well as the creators of the app.
    Feedback is important to me, and it’s good to know that there are people out here willing to provide it.

• Any kind words for the Episode team?
    You guys have created an incredible community. Thank you for providing us a creative outlet to share our stories and thoughts.

• Any shout-outs to give? Mention a story, an author, a friend on the forum, a member of the Episode team, a forum topic you often spend time in, anything or anyone related to Episode.
    I haven’t been here long enough to give anyone a specific shout-out, but you guys are all pretty awesome!

3 Likes

Funny story actually. My friends and I saw this cringe as fuck ad for Episode and we ironically downloaded it. We played it for jokes, can’t remember which story but it was one of Episode’s “originals” some generic bad boy story. Then I shamelessly went home and downloaded it lmao.

I found the concept of the app very interesting. I’ve been reading traditional books my whole life, so the idea of being able to bring those stories to life was so amazing to me.

I have been lurking in the shadows of the forum for a while now, but only recently joined. I find it to be a great place to start conversation, meet new people, and find all the help you can possibly need on writing on the app.

I’m in the middle of writing one (well only the beginning phase). I started not too long ago. I decided I’d give it a shot because I’ve had many ideas for stories, but would usually lose motivation to pursue them. I feel the newbie episode author excitement is keeping me going (for now lol).

What are, in your opinion, the best parts about being part of the Episode community?
Definitely the people. As mentioned previously I haven’t been on here long enough, but I can already see it’s a vibrant community full of passion and love.

I’m very thankful for the opportunities this app has created for many people. Although we may collectively complain about the app’s flaws, I do believe it’s an incredible service for creatives who wanna dip their toes into the world of writing.

4 Likes

Bump

1 Like

Thank you :sob:

2 Likes

Thank you @Mehasels, that’s so sweet and off the feeling is mutual :blush:

2 Likes

AAAAAA I love you :heart:

1 Like

Aww :blush:, thank you. That’s really sweet of you and I am glad that you feel that way. By the way, the feeling’s mutual :blush: :grin:

1 Like

Thanks for the comment and the tag :blush: I agree that this is a great community and you are awesome too :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

אוהבת נשמה

1 Like

I take that back I really don’t love you ew

2 Likes

:kissing_heart::kissing_heart::kissing_heart::heart::heart::heart:

1 Like

I used to get ads for Episode through other games I used to play. (This was when almost all of the stories were in Classic.) I liked to read, so I just decided to download it.

The first story I ever read on Episode was Mean Girls: Senior Year. I liked the story and wanted to read more, so I kept the app.

I discovered the forums in 2016 (this was when we used the old forums). I guess I just wanted to make some friends, so I decided to join, haha. But it wasn’t until the end of 2017 until I could make an account that I could actually post stuff with. :joy:

I’ve been writing stories since I was in, like, second grade. Reading other people’s stories motivated and inspired me to write my own. But it took a lot of coding practice before I published my first story, lol.

What do you like most about being an author on Episode (if you are)?

I like writing and it makes me feel like a director of a movie. XD I also like how you can actually “show” your characters, unlike when you write a novel or something. :thinking:

Making new and chatting with friends, writing my stories, reading other people’s stories, and sharing/recommending them :smiley:

Thank you for making this platform. :blush:

Any shout-outs to give? Mention a story, an author, a friend on the forum, a member of the Episode team, a forum topic you often spend time in, anything or anyone related to Episode.

All mah friends! :grin:

@24aya
@EpisodeGirl
@Aohebe_S
@k.w.episode
@BadassSaasha
@AS007
@keiji
@sofia2
@Chocolate_Mama
@Mashia
@Cricket_Master