What do you like about Episode?

• How did you discover Episode and what made you decide to download it?

I found the app through an advertisement. No, not the weird ass ones. This one was more centered on Hollywood, maybe? I’m not sure. Either way, it wasn’t an advertisement where I’d respond “Eat the child” with on tumblr if anyone gets that.

• What made you keep it on your phone/tablet?

The first few stories I played were Shauna Rubenchrist’s. So, Real Hollywood, Rich Witches, etc. Those stories were engaging and amazing to read,

• What made you join the forum and what made you stay?

I came across it a few years ago when I was beginning my first story. What made me join was the “Episode Fan Community” section. The rants, etc. were so relatable and I really wanted to respond to a lot of the topics/comments. As badly as I wanted to respond, even after making my forum account I couldn’t respond. I tried making another account and that worked! :smiley: However, that also means I’m on my third account now. But, in my defense I can’t access the my old one and the other one isn’t even functional. What made me stay was the discussions and enjoyment I got out of here and the friends I made.

• When did you decide to start writing your own story on Episode.

When I found out I could. It was the closest thing to making your own animation which is quite cool. What age? 14 with an immature ass mind + shitty stories. But, at the very least I realized they were shitty a few episodes in.

• What do you like most about being an author on Episode?

As of now, I consider myself an upcoming author as I’ve yet to publish my story and the other stories, I have tossed readers into a dark oblivion of the repeating message that “This story is deleted”. What I liked most now and back then is directing. It really makes a story unique.

• What are, in your opinion, the best parts about being part of the Episode community?

How amazing the episode community is! I really like the opinions that float around, the civilized arguments, and just talking with other people about the writing platform we’ve come to love.

• Any kind words for the Episode team?

It’s nice to see that you have begun listening to our ideas! In fact, I’ve seen 2-3 of the ideas I had suggested- implemented in the app! It was very exciting to see! It also seems that you have taken the major issues we complained about such as, diversity, underrated stories, etc. and have tried to do something about it. Thanks for putting emphasis on diversity and to have started providing unnoticed authors more chances. It is very nice that you guys are listening so much to the community, so we ask that you listen a bit more to the biggest issues- not only for us, but for the general reader population that uses your app. I would like to ask you guys to change your marketing techniques (ads) and moderate the User stories much more.

• Any shout-outs to give? Mention a story, an author, a friend on the forum, a member of the Episode team, a forum topic you often spend time in, anything related to Episode.

I just recently read a story that only had about 700 views on it? It was called Insomnia and is a 3 episode short story written by an author called Caitlin or Caitoriri. I believe I have seen the author on the forums, but I don’t want to tag the wrong person lol. I also would like to shoutout the following post and would really appreciate if you guys could help me support this topic: FEATURE: Creating A Classic Shelf

1 Like