What do you like about Episode?

Why, hello there!

I know, I know, yes this is me, the person who started the topic “Stories we’re sick and tired of seeing in the trending and featured section” and who spends an odd amount of time ranting about Episode stories on the forum. But hey, I’m still using the app and I’m still on the forum… And so are you! So I’d like to see if we can spread some positivity by answering a few questions and discussing amongst ourselves about what we like about Episode. I’m surprised this topic hasn’t been created here yet (from what I’ve researched) and if it has, someone please let me know so I can stop looking like a fool :sweat_smile:

You don’t have to answer all of these questions or to answer them at all as long as you stay on topic. This is just in case you don’t know what to say :blush: Ugh, writer’s block, am I right?

• How did you discover Episode and what made you decide to download it?
  • What made you keep it on your phone/tablet?*
  • What made you join the forum and what made you stay?
  • When did you decide to start writing your own story on Episode (if you have)?
  • What do you like most about being an author on Episode (if you are)?
  • What are, in your opinion, the best parts about being part of the Episode community?
  • Any kind words for the Episode team?
  • Any shout-outs to give? Mention a story, an author, a friend on the forum, a member of the Episode team, a forum topic you often spend time in, anything or anyone related to Episode.

*I wanted to type “Why are you still here?” but that doesn’t sound quite right, does it?

5 Likes

How did you discover Episode and what made you decide to download it?

My friend had Episode and I was bored on the bus so I downloaded it lol.

What made you keep it on your phone/tablet?

I was reading Chain Reaction and then I got addicted. :woman_facepalming:t3::joy:

What made you join the forum and what made you stay?

I accidentally clicked the link on the Episode app, then started reading and was like woah, this is cool!

When did you decide to start writing your own story on Episode (if you have)?

Just under 2 years ago. The story failed, then failed again, then failed again. Now it’s discontinued. I had another one but that’s rubbish so… But I have my newest which I’m proud of and it’s really good! :blush:
(Link in linktree in bio - it’s called Soccer Moms: Blast to the Future and is by Winter05)

Low-key advertising. :joy:

What do you like most about being an author on Episode (if you are)?

The fanmail and support you get. And it’s fun, when I can be bothered. :smile:

What are, in your opinion, the best parts about being part of the Episode community?

They’re supportive, kind and helpful. I’ve made some really good friends through Episode. :heart:

Any kind words for the Episode team?

Despite the complaints you get, you’re doing really well and you make so many peoples lives much happier. Oh, and thanks mods! :wink:

Any shout-outs to give? Mention a story, an author, a friend on the forum, a member of the Episode team, a forum topic you often spend time in, anything or anyone related to Episode.

@Episode-Royalty - some of the best people on these forums and in a Episode!
@Queen_Faith - member and my co-leader of Episode Royalty. She’s my best Episode friend! Super lazy (like me) but she’s also super nice and funny! Although sometimes YOU’RE EXTREMELY ANNOYING FAITH! :roll_eyes::joy:
(She probably won’t see this because she’s too lazy to ever go on the forums. :joy:)
@S.Dsana - helping me A LOT with my published story (Quiet Confidence), a member of Episode Royalty and so nice.
@Rune.episode, @RudeInception, @Apes - really helpful and kind!
@xrebeccaax - super nice. I got my first cover on the new forums and first ever splashes from her. She put up with my annoying self lol, so thanks again! :blush:

~ Winter :snowflake:

5 Likes

I’m a very big fan of story telling apps so I was once scrolling up and down that’s when my eyes caught an app called Episode…I clicked on it…And it allows us to have our own choices in matters and downloaded it to check it out…

What made you keep it on your phone/tablet?*
I literally got addicted to it when I finished reading some stories so yeah I can’t let it go…:stuck_out_tongue::stuck_out_tongue::grin:

Okay just don’t laugh I don’t know how I reached episode forums I just clicked on a link (Accidently) and it led me to here and I don’t even know why should I leave I met many amazing friends over here so I don’t see a reason to leave it…

I’m writing one right now…I have read like a thousand stories on episode so I just wanted to write a story…I just wanted to start it not knowing anything but then it wasn’t enough so I started watching videos and now I’m very good at coding and directing stuff

I don’t know what it feels to be a author as I haven’t published a story yet…I don’t know what it is like to be supported but I really want to encounter that feeling…

What are, in your opinion, the best parts about being part of the Episode community?
Everyone supports you when they find that the matter is supportive…They help you correct your own mistakes and Yes, the most important it helps us find some friends that don’t know us (personally) but are friends…

You are doing a great job that you have brought together a place where all of us can be with each other despite everything…:smiley::smiley:

Any shout-outs to give? Mention a story, an author, a friend on the forum, a member of the Episode team, a forum topic you often spend time in, anything or anyone related to Episode.
I don’t really have a single person to thank to so, I thank everybody who has helped me up until now…
Specially @RudeInception, @Apes and @Rune.episode and @Dara.Amarie Thanks for your help you guys are the best…
@WinterMoon05 She is great, super understanding, and also really kind…
And thanks to everybody who have helped me (sorry I forgot some names) :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

2 Likes

@WinterMoon05, @brvnda, @S.Dsana → I’m fairly new to the forums and had never heard of @Episode-Royalty until @WinterMoon05 brought it up. Guess those shout-outs really do prove themselves useful! :smile: I wasn’t sure if I should’ve included that last part since I didn’t want users to suddenly get bombarded with notifications from this thread.

3 Likes

We’re a great group, LOL! :joy::joy:
I guess they are. :wink:

2 Likes

I was bored and was looking for some new games/apps. It seemed interesting.

What made you keep it on your phone/tablet?
Well I almost deleted it because I felt this was meant for teenage girls (and unfortunately I’m old :smiley:) but I found some really good user stories that kept me engaged.

I joined because I wanted to enter a contest and I had some questions about it. I stayed because I don’t have any friends who play Episode (again, I’m old) and although I like discussing things with myself, it’s a bit boring because I always agree 100% :smiley:

I didn’t really decide it, I was just testing the mobile creation about a year ago, made some random dialogues then somehow ended up on the web portal.

I find writing really fun. I like the illusion of being able to code and I like challenging myself to new things. I write in the comedy genre and I’m so weird I often laugh at my own jokes. I don’t really care if no one else does, at least it entertains me :smiley: My ideas sometimes come up at the wrong time, like during work on a meeting and all I can do is to hope I won’t burst out laughing until I get home.

Recently I’ve noticed some negativity in the community but I think most of the people are really kind and supportive here. I like being part of a community as long as it gives me good vibes.

Thanks for approving my overlays quickly! :smiley: And thanks for raising awareness on diversity, it’s great that these messages can reach so many young readers through this app.

3 Likes

Here I am! :skull_and_crossbones:Although Winter said I’d be too lazy!

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy:

1. I discovered episode back in 2015 when Demi Lovato created the first episodes of her story and promoted the app.
  2. I loved the stories on here especially the romance ones that’s why I kept it.
  3. I loved episode and I wanted to discuss my fave stories with others and it’s a fun community & i’ve made friends here who I PM everyday.
    4/5. N/A
  4. The people for sure & the amazing stories they create. The user stories make episode #1 :slight_smile:
  5. Love the episode team and how hard they work on the featured stories which I and so many others absolutely love
  6. Shoutouts to Miss MJ for creating my fave story/series on Episode , Chain Reaction & shoutout to some amazing people @Eleanor_W-15 @Allie_Diamond_Epy @AnnieAEpisode @Secretz_lol & so many more more
1 Like

Aw, thx!

I actually don’t even remember how I came across Episode but I decided to download it because I wanted to see what the app was actually about.

What made you keep it on your phone/tablet?*

What made me keep it on my phone, and tablet is the fact that it was entertaining, and inspired me to eventually write, and publish my own story.

I joined the forum to keep up with updates on the app, and get help when it came to implementing new ideas into my story. I stayed because I liked reading stories on episode, and because I’m also, an author on episode.

Well I read a really popular story called Billionaire Baby Daddy, Opposites Attract, and Long Lost which is the sequel to Opposites Attract. I read these amazing stories, and said to myself I can do this too. I knew I had it in me to write my own story so I just went for it. Reading amazing stories by some amazing author’s on episode, eventually both inspired, and encouraged me to write my own. I started writing my story in 2016 but I wanted to revamp, and transition from ink to Limelight so I restarted each script in order to transition from ink to the Limelight version. I’m euphoric with the decision I’ve made cause I’m actually a lot better at script writing then I was beforehand.

The thing I like most about being an author on episode, is being able to say “I’m actually an author who chased after her passion when it came to writing.” I think a lot of us say we will do something but sometimes we wind up not doing it. To actually say, “I am an author, an that I have my work self published on episode,” is one of the best experiences. I also, like inspiring others to chase after their goals, and dreams. Having support, and fanmail is the greatest experience as well. The best part about being in the episode community, is coming across some of the most talented editor’s, artist’s, and author’s on episode. I also, got the chance to make new friends with some authors on here who possess the same gifts as me.

Thank you for giving me the platform to self publish my story.

Shout-out Episode for giving us author’s the platform is self publish our work on episode. Secondly, shout-out to me the author of Fame Or Love, for reaching 200 story reads for my story. Shout-out to @coovu.episode the author of a Perfect Shade Or Blue for being an amazing friend, author, and aritst. Gabbie for being another amazing friend,and author of her story Addison. Shout-out to @bolu.writes who is author of Relinquish for being an amazing author, and aritst at such a young age. Shout-out to the author of Jeanette for being an amazing author, and artist as well. Last but not least, shout-out to the new author’s on episode who fount the courage to self publish their own stories on episode. It takes a lot of courage, and dedication when it comes to writing, and self publishing a script.

· How did you discover Episode and what made you decide to download it?
I was searching for some good games to play when I’m bored and stumbled upon it! I guess I really liked it momentarily.
· Why did you keep it?
When I first started playing it, I realised I didn’t make a mistake, and I loved reading the amazing stories by some very talented authors. And why would you uninstall it then?
· What made you join the forum and what made you stay?
At first, I must be honest, I joined it to promote my story, but after some time, I’ve made some really good friends here and they always make me laugh! I had so much fun talking to them, I just couldn’t leave.
·When did you decide writing a story?
When I downloaded, but I guess I was just scared then, that I wouldn’t have many reads. Then I got inspired and said: Oh what the hell! :grin: The name is Like a boss btw…
·What do you like most about being an author?
I love how you connect with the readers and how you can write whatever comes to your mind and make people love it!
·What is, in your opinion, the best part of being in the Episode community
Whenever you need something, help, or a cover etc… there’s always someone there to help you. And you always have fun!
·Any kind words for the Episode team?
Thank you all for everything you do for this community!
·A big shoutout to all my amazing friends here!!! I better not starts listing them, cause it will make.this thread twice as big, and my fingers will fall of… they know who they are! :kissing_heart:

• How did you discover Episode and what made you decide to download it?

I found the app through an advertisement. No, not the weird ass ones. This one was more centered on Hollywood, maybe? I’m not sure. Either way, it wasn’t an advertisement where I’d respond “Eat the child” with on tumblr if anyone gets that.

• What made you keep it on your phone/tablet?

The first few stories I played were Shauna Rubenchrist’s. So, Real Hollywood, Rich Witches, etc. Those stories were engaging and amazing to read,

• What made you join the forum and what made you stay?

I came across it a few years ago when I was beginning my first story. What made me join was the “Episode Fan Community” section. The rants, etc. were so relatable and I really wanted to respond to a lot of the topics/comments. As badly as I wanted to respond, even after making my forum account I couldn’t respond. I tried making another account and that worked! :smiley: However, that also means I’m on my third account now. But, in my defense I can’t access the my old one and the other one isn’t even functional. What made me stay was the discussions and enjoyment I got out of here and the friends I made.

• When did you decide to start writing your own story on Episode.

When I found out I could. It was the closest thing to making your own animation which is quite cool. What age? 14 with an immature ass mind + shitty stories. But, at the very least I realized they were shitty a few episodes in.

• What do you like most about being an author on Episode?

As of now, I consider myself an upcoming author as I’ve yet to publish my story and the other stories, I have tossed readers into a dark oblivion of the repeating message that “This story is deleted”. What I liked most now and back then is directing. It really makes a story unique.

• What are, in your opinion, the best parts about being part of the Episode community?

How amazing the episode community is! I really like the opinions that float around, the civilized arguments, and just talking with other people about the writing platform we’ve come to love.

• Any kind words for the Episode team?

It’s nice to see that you have begun listening to our ideas! In fact, I’ve seen 2-3 of the ideas I had suggested- implemented in the app! It was very exciting to see! It also seems that you have taken the major issues we complained about such as, diversity, underrated stories, etc. and have tried to do something about it. Thanks for putting emphasis on diversity and to have started providing unnoticed authors more chances. It is very nice that you guys are listening so much to the community, so we ask that you listen a bit more to the biggest issues- not only for us, but for the general reader population that uses your app. I would like to ask you guys to change your marketing techniques (ads) and moderate the User stories much more.

• Any shout-outs to give? Mention a story, an author, a friend on the forum, a member of the Episode team, a forum topic you often spend time in, anything related to Episode.

I just recently read a story that only had about 700 views on it? It was called Insomnia and is a 3 episode short story written by an author called Caitlin or Caitoriri. I believe I have seen the author on the forums, but I don’t want to tag the wrong person lol. I also would like to shoutout the following post and would really appreciate if you guys could help me support this topic: FEATURE: Creating A Classic Shelf

1 Like

To be honest I think it’s gone downhill, I’ve played for years now but the one thing I hate is how they are trying to get money out of people by using these ‘gems’ it takes the fun out of it and means that basically I don’t actually get to choose my destiny because half the stuff I want to do I have to have the stupid gems. I do love now how you can make our person really look like it but they need to change these gems because it’s taken the fun out of the game

The choices you make in gem stories usually have no influence on your destiny :slightly_smiling_face: Sometimes you have to skip an extra scene (which has not much effect on the story), but most of the stories want gems for choosing an outfit, which is kind of ridiculous. Of course we would all feel better to wear something nice on a date/party etc., but I would never pay for anything like this…

1 Like

Bump, before this gets closed and I will start crying inside.

1 Like

I like everything about Episode!