What do you like in stories?

Alright, so quick question to all the readers/writers out there! What do you like in stories? Like genre, customization, complete, uncomplete, episode length, episodes in general? I would love to know since I’m currently writing a story that’s in ink! Unpopular opinions? I’m very curious :grin:

2 Likes

I personally don’t mind any genre, however I try to back off from romance stories since nowadays they’re all just:
“OMG he’s hot!”
“OMG she’s hot!”
Makes out in a corner

Also for episode length, I always write up to 2000 lines or more cause that’s a decent length a story should be. Make sure not to make it too long, or the reader might get bored of it.

Also CC isn’t a must so if you need a character to look a specific way, just don’t put CC and ignore people who get mad.

Also I’d love to check out your story when it’s done!

3 Likes

Thank you so much!! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Personally for me, I love action and thriller. It’s makes everything a little more interesting. Plus the romance in the story doesn’t take up the whole plot. I don’t mind customization tbh. Some people get really irritated when they have to customize the best friend and the family but I really don’t mind. I just suggest maybe not making it the whole first episode. I love incomplete stories because it brings suspense to the story and as for episode length, I don’t really mind how many lines, it just has to be around 10-15 min long. Not to short because then I get irritated and not to long because I will fall asleep.

4 Likes

Horror, horror is my favorite genre.
But I love romance and sci fi
And everything else let me explain why

Horror

Horror is my favorite
I’ve loved horror ever since I was young :relieved:
It makes me scared
And ready to read more
I adore sci fi horror :joy:

Romance

Romance is honestly so sweet
It takes me away from my single life :thinking:
I love romance because it shows how a person can be influenced by someone they love in a negative or a positive way

Mystery

Mystery is honestly so thrilling you should read stories in that genre
It has you on your seat :relieved:

Sci fi

Sci fi is honestly so beautiful when I read or watch it.
It makes me think and wonder…

drama

Drama is something I love to read :relieved:

But whatever genre you write in just remember.
It’s not always what the readers think
As long as you’re proud of your writing and you are proud of your work that’s all that should matter to you :relieved:
And when you’re writing a plot in any genre it should be how your story came to life!

I can do with or without I have no problem with it
You can work hard with or without customization
You can use overlays without
And you can read as yourself if it’s added

I like complete stories :relieved:
But if a author is busy that’s ok!

:thinking: About 15 mins
But it’s different for other people :relieved:

2 Likes

I love reading Sci-fi, thriller and mystery but most stories in this genre on episode are based on romance with a little Sci-fi element lmao.

2 Likes

As long as the story has a hint of realism any genre is fine by me- and I honestly don’t care about customization.

1 Like

Moved to Episode Fan Community since this doesn’t fit into any Creator’s Corner categories. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :wink:

1 Like