What do you look for in a story?

I’m sure everyone has some must-haves when it comes to stories you enjoy reading. What do you look for in a story?

Some additional questions if you don't mind answering

Does CC matter to you?

How interactive do you want a story to be?

How many LI’s in a story do you prefer?

What genre would you never read?

What genre would you read, only under certain circumstances?

Do you like stories with advanced directing?

Have you ever spent gems on a community story? If yes, what type of choice was it?

How many chapters do you usually want a story to have?

If given the choice do you play as a male or female?

Would you spend 5 gems to be able to add to your character glasses/piercings/moles/freckles?

4 Likes

Does CC matter to you?
Yes and no. I prefer either having full or limited CC.
I don’t care as long as the plot is engaging and the story is well-written, and has well-developed characters.
Preferably no more than three; otherwise I just can’t choose. This is a preference, however, I’ve read some amazing stories with more than three love interests.
I read any genre, but I tend to avoid thriller. Horror stuff just isn’t my thing.
Romance: I read as long as there is no mafia.
Fantasy: I read as long as there isn’t the whole cliche “falling in love with a vampire badboy thing.” No werewolves.
Drama: I usually avoid drama stories that have teen pregnancy…
Preferably, yes, but basic directing is okay as long as the story has a good plot.
Have you ever spent gems on a community story? If yes, what type of choice was it?
Support the author & bonus scenes. 5 gems only. I never spend more.
I don’t care unless the story has a hundred episodes or something…
I always play as a female unless the story has a male MC only… which I don’t always mind because some male MC stories are really good.

Other preferences:
-No grammar or spelling mistakes. I’m so sorry, but I have sensitive eyes :sweat_smile:
-Nothing too fast paced… I’m not usually going to read a story where the MC and LI kiss at the very beginning, with the exception of The Gamer Girl and Times Square.
-First episode should have more than just CC. I’ll leave if that’s all episode one has… :confused:

9 Likes

Thank you answering the questions :blue_heart:

2 Likes
Well here it is:)
3 Likes
  • Does CC matter to you?

Not particularly

• How interactive do you want a story to be?

Some choices are good, but stressful, timed ones, and point systems drive me nuts

• How many LI’s in a story do you prefer?

None, 1, max 2

• What genre would you never read?

I don’t read action and adventure

• What genre would you read, only under certain circumstances?

Fantasy, thriller

• Do you like stories with advanced directing?

Usually, depending on what the room or situation is

• Have you ever spent gems on a community story? If yes, what type of choice was it?

Yes, support the author, bonus scene

• How many chapters do you usually want a story to have?

Depends. Fantasy, I like a lot, Romance/Drama, moderate, 20-30, and any others short and sweet.

• If given the choice do you play as a male or female?

Female

3 Likes

Thank you for your response :blue_heart:

2 Likes

Thank you for answering the questions :blue_heart:

2 Likes

Does CC matter to you?
No

How interactive do you want a story to be
I don’t mind anything. I’m not a picky reader.

I can read anything as long as it isn’t the basic enters from left and right story because that just kills my mood .

Yes, mostly suport the author choices. Haven’t really read much since the new gem update.

Anything is fine by me but if I see a story with 50+ chapters, I kind of feel lazy to read :joy:

I love playing as male if given a choice (though I’m female) because those are just super rare and I love seeing through his eyes once in a while.

3 Likes

Thank you for your input :blue_heart: I appreciate it.

2 Likes

Sorry I missed few of your questions :woman_facepalming:t2:

Number of lis,- one please :pleading_face: I don’t like juggling between 2 or more dudes. I’d like to keep my focus on only one and I also feel bad for not choosing the other one if I make the choice.

Probably comedy because those sense of humour doesn’t go well with me. I feel it’s mostly slapstick, though that’s just me.

Only under certain circumstances- again I feel comedy

2 Likes

Yes! I read a story called ten steps to your door and it was really good to see how he seen the world in his eyes and with his disability.

3 Likes

Thank you for answering the questions :blue_heart: :blue_heart:

2 Likes

That story has my heart :heart:

3 Likes

Does CC matter to you?: Only just recently I didn’t care about CC but before? I wouldn’t read a story if it didn’t have CC.
I think that the main reason why I thought this though was because I wanted the MC to be me with the choices and everything because like, its an interactive game so yeah.

How interactive do you want a story to be?: I prefer just reading the episode story and not including choices but I feel like people may say otherwise.

How many LI’s in a story do you prefer?: THIS IS AN EASY QUESTIONS! ONE AND ONE ONLY! I absolutely hate it when there are two love interest because idk, it just makes the MC seem a bit more off, I don’t know what it is but I just hate it.
I think that the main reason is because it makes the MC look bad and annoying because they have so much or two options of a guy and she would be like cheating on the other because she goes for one.
Idk if that makes sense but I hope it helped you a bit.

What genre would you never read?: Sci Fi, sorry everyone who likes it but I just think it cringes with the aliens and superpowers and stuff.

What genre would you read, only under certain circumstances?: Mystery but only if it included romance, I really only like the romance.

Do you like stories with advanced directing?: I like stories with no mistakes, theres a difference because if you add advanced directing but your not qualified for it and it looks weird then maybe don’t do it but if you are qualified, go for it!

Have you ever spent gems on a community story? If yes, what type of choice was it?: Never, I hate when community writers do this and I would immediately stop reading because community stories are meant for everyone to read WITHOUT using gems, those are for the actual Episode stories in the shelfs and stuff.

How many chapters do you usually want a story to have?: 30-70 I love a long read because that means there is more drama and juicy things that happen in it but I don’t like a long read with short chapters that only last 10mins. Keep that in mind.

If given the choice do you play as a male or female?: Female always, I wouldn’t ever play as a guy but that’s my honest opinion, I’m just proud to be a women.

Hope this helps, if you need anything else, feel free to PM me on here or you can also text me on Insta @bri_writes_epi

2 Likes

Thank you for your response! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

No problem at all!

1 Like
Honest opinion
1 Like

Thank you so much for your honest response! :blue_heart: :blue_heart: :blue_heart:

Your welcome :blush:

1 Like

Does CC matter to you?

Not at all. Whilst some features may be preferable to me, I respect the authors vision and a lot of the time, don’t even change them. Only thing I don’t like with CC, is when you are given the option to name your character, then told you can customise and are only given limited CC. Mostly because, if I do end up typing my own name, then have a character that looks nothing like me, then it’s kinda peculiar lol.

I have no preference here either. I enjoy interactive episode stories, but I also enjoy ones that don’t have interaction. Sometimes I just want to have the story play out, and go along for the ride. More importantly, to me, I find that there is such a thing as too much interaction. Having too many/unnecessary choices/minigames etc kills the mood for me. I find it irritating and then lose interest.

One! Unless it is done well, or there is a particular reason for more than one. By done well, I mean having an MC who has to face consequences for her choices and actions. Not one who has two, totally clueless and completely devoted men who would die for her and always fawn over here, eager to prove their love, whilst unaware of the other guy and also not seeing how she’s stringing them along whilst she chooses who she likes and makes them bend over backwards to win her heart. I hate that. It’s unrealistic and selfish of the MC.

Never say never, but on episode, I tend to steer clear of the comedy section… Mostly because I’ve found ones that incorporate comedy, mostly feel strained to me. Like the author is trying too hard sometimes to make the reader laugh. Then I just wince.

Episode Horror section. I only read stories in that section when the description sounds really good. Because of guidelines, there are limitations visually, so it can’t be too over the top, so I don’t really check it out, feeling like it won’t quite reach a height of a horror book without pg13 limitations.

Yes. But directing isn’t a big deal to me at all. Everyone starts somewhere, I’m learning coding myself as I go along, it’s tough, so as long as the plot is good, the characters are well rounded and the directing is tidy, it’s all good with me.

Yes. Recently actually on @lorenbethxox contest story, When the Last Petal Falls. She hit me right in the feels on a choice that could benefit my horse too. I can’t help it. Animal lover here, had to top up some gems and do the right thing by my loyal companion :joy:.

Hmmm, Under 50

Female. Especially as so many times I’ve varied from the main set path, I’ve found slip ups in the script where he/she is mixed up as it has been copied and pasted and not caught before publishing. That would bug me.

Would you spend 5 gems to be able to add to your character glasses/piercings/moles/freckles?

No.

4 Likes