What do you look for in a story?

Aww, that’s sad that those are the only comedy stories you see… I like @janinestories 's stories because they aren’t like that. They really are hilarious :joy:

3 Likes

Thank you for answering :blue_heart:

1. Does CC matter to you?

Ans: No, not important at all. I’d like to see the author’s vision of their characters.

1. How interactive do you want a story to be?

Ans. Hm, I mean it doesn’t really matter. I’ve read stories with a few choices, no choices at all, some games, point system, times choices, etc. Feel free to include or don’t include any interactivity at all if you want.

1. How many LI’s in a story do you prefer?

Ans: 1.

1. What genre would you never read?

Ans: Hm, I’ll say Horror.

1. What genre would you read, only under certain circumstances?

Ans: Fantasy, Action, Adventure, Romance, Mystery, etc.

1. Do you like stories with advanced directing?

Ans: Yes.

1. Have you ever spent gems on a community story? If yes, what type of choice was it?

Ans: No.

1. How many chapters do you usually want a story to have?

Ans: Now this all depends on how the story is planned, and how it will end, but I want to keep a short amount of chapters, and not really long.

1. If given the choice, do you play as a male or female?

Ans: Tbh, Male.

1. Would you spend 5 gems to be able to add to your character glasses/piercings/moles/freckles?

Ans: No.

5 Likes

Thank you for your response! :blue_heart:

1 Like

-What do you look for in a story?

Something that appeals to me, I suppose. It’s a vague answer, but whenever I look, I have something different that I want. As long as the grammar is tolerable.

-Does CC matter to you?

Not particularly. Sometimes. It depends on the story really; some are built to be more open ended, opening CC as a positive. But there’s also stories with clear characters and goals, where I actually think CC is a negative.

-How interactive do you want a story to be?

It really doesn’t matter to me. The response is similar to my CC one; some stories thrive on high amounts of interactivity, others actively suffers from it.

-How many LI’s in a story do you prefer?

One. I feel terrible about denying others. Sure, sometimes that one LI isn’t my cup of tea, it that’s fine really.

-What genre would you never read?

I don’t know, really. Scifi maybe. Actually, no, zombie/apocalypse stuff. One of my favorite books and movies, The Road, has spoiled me on the apocalypse genre. And zombies are whatever. I also don’t like Gothic stuff much, like vampires and werewolves and that sort.

-What genre would you read, only under certain circumstances?

I mean, I don’t know. I don’t hate any genres, I just have little interest in some. There’s always chances I decide to read something like that.

-Do you like stories with advanced directing?

I’m still not sure what is considered advanced directing, and what’s not. So… I dunno!

-Have you ever spent gems on a community story? If yes, what type of choice was it?

No idea.

-How many chapters do you usually want a story to have?

12 to 25 chapters. Anything more tends to feel dragged out, I think. A story can be shorter than this, but it’s gotta be a good one-shot.

-If given the choice do you play as a male or female?

Female.

-Would you spend 5 gems to be able to add to your character glasses/piercings/moles/freckles?

Probably not.

1 Like

Good Plot that’s it.

1 Like

Thank you for your response! :blue_heart:

1 Like

Does CC matter to you?
No.

How interactive do you want a story to be?
I didn’t get this question

How many LI’s in a story do you prefer?
I actually prefer 2. But I also think if both act like an a** then the MC should have a choice to not select any of them. Missing from lot of stories

What genre would you never read?
I think Romance

What genre would you read, only under certain circumstances?
Romance

Do you like stories with advanced directing?
No idea abt this

Have you ever spent gems on a community story? If yes, what type of choice was it?
Support the Author

How many chapters do you usually want a story to have?
Bigger the better

If given the choice do you play as a male or female?
Female actually suits better in the stories that episode have

Would you spend 5 gems to be able to add to your character glasses/piercings/moles/freckles?
No but I like glasses on characters especially MC.

1 Like

Thank you for answering the questions :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Recently replied to a similar thread, but here’s my answers!

Summary

Does CC matter to you?
No, I appreciate it for small changes, but I’m well with no CC.

It depends. I like a decently interactive story as well as one with no choices or tappables.

None. Or 1 well done at most.

I’d like to confidently say drama or romance and so on, but sometimes I find nice stories that are in those genres and I still appreciate them. Let’s say that in general I tend to avoid drama, romance and horror.

Well, all technically. But the story needs to be really interesting and well thought/done.

Yep!

Have you ever spent gems on a community story? If yes, what type of choice was it?
No, I’m a terrible person :see_no_evil:
I try to save my gems to spend them on “support the author” if I really like the story.

Usually, no more than 20 or so.

It depends on how I feel in that moment! Sometimes I like to play as a male. But honestly, I mostly play as a female.

Would you spend 5 gems to be able to add to your character glasses/piercings/moles/freckles?
Uh… no sorry :sweat_smile:
I already don’t care about CC that much, I wouldn’t dream to pay for small details––or any detail for that matter.

1 Like

Thank you for answering the questions! :blue_heart:

1 Like

Does CC matter to you?
This might be an unpopular opinion but absolutely not, I honestly never use cc. I actually prefer if there is no cc! I believe that the writer intended the character to look that specific way. I think It adds to the story line if I just leave the characters alone, just how the writer interpreted them!!

I personally don’t have an opinion about choices. I like stories that do have choices, but I also like stories that don’t. I would rather read a story with great storyline with no choice, rather than a story with lots of choices but the actual plot of the story is lacking. (Although I do really like to customize the outfits ngl :sweat_smile:)

I think I prefer stories with 1 LI. Although I have not read a lot of stories with multiple ones so I don’t really have a strong opinion about this.

Sci-fi/fantasy, I’m not that keen on non realistic stories.

Definitely romance. Im not going to lie, the romance section here on Episode is not the best. I only read stories with sweet/normal characters. So no toxic/controlling LI’s. That really throws me off from reading it.

I actually kind of do, but again I don’t have a strong oppinion about this one either. I also like a lot of stories that don’t have advanced editing!

If I was not broke I would definitely spend it on supporting the creator or if the story had multiple choices, I’d view the rest of the endings if possible!

I prefer longer stories like 30-40 characters, by episode 10 I usually get really attached to the characters. So I think the more chapters, the better.

Female I guess? But I honestly couldn’t care less about it. If the default option would be male I would definitely go with it.

Again, I personally don’t like to customize the characters so definitely not. I would just go for the default avatar :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Thank you for answering the questions :hugs: :blue_heart:

1 Like

Of course!! Glad I could help :grin::heartpulse:

2 Likes

Does CC matter to you?
Eh, not really. I don’t usually do CC, unless an author uses the specific eyes I can’t stand the look of (Deepset Upturned Wide and depending on my mood, Deep Set False Lashes Smokey Eye).

I don’t like to have to make a choice every five seconds, just a few choices is all right with me. I’d also be fine reading a story with no choices, although I know many people don’t feel the same way.

No more than two.

I don’t think there’s any genre on Episode that I would never read, except if you count mafia/gang as a genre :joy:.

Probably horror/thriller. I’ve also found that the stories in the action genre are mostly mafia/gang stories.

Yes! I don’t like to read stories that always use basic directing (when characters only stand screen center, screen left, or screen right).

Only a few times for a five gem support the author choice.

Anywhere between 3 and 30. I don’t like to read stories that have more chapters than that, they go on forever.

I always play as a female when I have a choice, but I’m also fine with playing as a male.

Probably not. I don’t care about that sort of stuff.

1 Like

Does CC matter to you?
Nope I just wanna get into the story lol
I wouldn’t read it if it’s just CC for the 1 episode that’s it nope not wasting my passes for the next episode. Like add more than just CC (Add the rest of the plot for the first episode.)

It doesn’t matter as long as its a good plot :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 the limited but it honestly depends on the storyline I’m also fine with no love interest.

Horror

Romance-No mafia
Drama- typically high school with mean girls

It honestly doesn’t matter as long as it’s well directing even if it’s basic.

Advanced directing doesn’t make or break the story.

yes, support the author and bonus scenes :slight_smile:

I’m not picky it’s up to the author :joy:
I prefer long chapters.

tbh it doesn’t matter I switch it.
I would play both.

No, I wouldn’t spend it on something small like only for bonus scenes or support the author that’s it.
The add ons don’t matter to me :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I must say, I’m pleasantly surprised by how many people don’t mind stories without CC.

• Good grammar and spelling.
  • A great and original description.
  • Good covers.
  • Decent visuals.
  • Decent characters, because if they’re toxic I’ll typically steer clear unless it’s a thriller or horror.
  • Limelight, I’ve mostly moved on from ink.

In most cases, it does, BUT I am open to no CC if the story is aesthetic, well directed, well written and compelling. More simplistic stories will make me leave if there’s no CC unless I find the characters attractive as they are.

I like stories that either have no interaction or a reasonable amount of interaction. I find it overbearing and stressful if I have to ‘interact’ too often, sometimes it makes me feel like I’m being forced to play too many games, make too many choices, remember too many steps and can’t focus on/enjoy the plot.

I like having two LIs just in case I don’t like one of them, but it depends. If there’s only one LI and he’s written well and isn’t toxic, I won’t mind him being the only option.

I love most genres and I pretty much read stories from all of them, but if Mafia were a genre — that’d be my answer…

Mystery. I only read them if a friend publishes a mystery story or there’s a mystery-themed contest.

Definitely! But it needs a balance of well developed characters and a good plot too. If it’s only great directing with nothing else to compliment it, I won’t continue.

Yep! I use gems for Support The Author, Early Access and “What if” bonus scenes.

At least twenty, but if less than twenty suits the plot, that’s fine too.

Male since most stories have a female lead without a gender choice.

No, I wouldn’t…

2 Likes

Thank you for answering the questions! :blue_heart:

1 Like

No worries!

1 Like

Ok, so here I am :rofl: everybody is happy to read my longa*s posts :rofl:

Summary

Does CC matter to you?
Well, a long time ago it was really important to me, but I think when I started reading in LL it wasn’t a big deal for me anymore :thinking: I also had this time where I re-do my character to look a little bit like me, but now? If characters are “pleasing to the eye/eye catching” and pleasing for my aestethic I think I only change shape of faces or eyes, nothing major.

As a new writer, I know how much work people put into their stories and that isn’t simple (especially at the beginning), so I don’t mind less interactive scenes or less overlays with some magic as long as narrative is captivating/engaging. I’m here for characters, their stories, you can have simple story with basics but you can also be a very talented storyteller at the same time.
In my case I would like to attract readers by my storyline, dialogues, ideas. If they’ll feel connection - that would be awesome.

Tricky. It depends on story. I like one LI more, because I saw so many stories with 2 and there were always problem with second LI (like more narration to this guy/girl who the author prefers).
But now I’m writing and confusing my readers so… :rofl: who am I to judge, alright? I can read with one or 2 LI; 3 or more is too much.

I don’t read horror stories, because I can’t deal with it. I read and watched too much in my long life; I see shadow and I take knife with me. We’re leaving in scary world, I want romance not horrors ;(

I don’t know, really.
Maybe fantasy? Because I saw few good stories about wolves and vampires, but in romance/drama shelves, so…

Yes, of course. I’m impressed by hard work and talent!

Support choice and once I read stories and I couldn’t click another option. It was totally genius because my mind was “oh no, i can’t do that to them”.

30-40 is perfect length, but I read also 50/60; if there’s more… eh, I can’t focus because I want to know the ending.

Female

Never, god. Never.

Well, that’s it :smiley: thanks for reading my opinion!

2 Likes