What do you prefer? The lenght of the story when publishing

I’m currently working on a story that is not published. Yersterday I started chapter 12!
That’s right, I’m not gonna publish it just yet.

So my question is:

Would you guys like stories that come out with more than 3 chapters at once and would you even read the story that comes out but is fully completed?

Thank you

IG @episode.merlin

I personally like both :slight_smile:
Reading a story when it’s fully out is helpful to readers as some don’t like too short or too long stories with their preferences.
Publishing a story chapter by chapter makes the reader more eager as to what will come next. However it’s important to stick to a schedule. I lost a lot of readers when I didn’t stick to my schedule.

1 Like

Good points!

1 Like

I like reading a story when it’s been published with at least 5 chapters because then i can binge read it :joy:. When i find something i like i try to watch it/read it in the fastest time possible if not i’ll forget it existed :joy:.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s my point too. People wanna get as much as possible with little effort of waiting :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good luck on your story, lemme know when you publish.

1 Like

:smiley: I dont know. This summer maybe… I’ve been working on this for a year now. This also a reason I never published cause I know I might now be consistant what comes to updates :slight_smile:

1 Like

What’s it about?

also i don’t know how you have stuck with one story for nearly a year. I always abandon stories after a few days :woozy_face:

:smiley: i’m just in a ceratin age… plus i was born in soviet unin :smiley: i can take it.
I also abandoned my story for like 5 months but then read it again and found it was so good. Actually it became my greatest tip of all time. Just let it sit and read it again. I ´t was reading sombody elses story. And damn it was good :smiley: not perfect but decent. So i continued.
It’s a romance story. Kind of a cliche but in a grown up style. Basically it’s the thing that would get the most reads :smiley:

1 Like

Sounds good!!

1 Like

I kinda like reading a story when there’s only three chapters out, cause if I like the story then I’ll wait for updates but if all are out at once it feels overwhelming to try to finish all of it. but idk that’s just me

1 Like

I think three is better, because for some reason I like the feeling of excitement when an author announces and/or publishes new chapters and the feeling of being eager to see what comes next. When the whole story is released complete, it seems a little overwhelming or boring. But that’s just me.

1 Like

I personally do like to binge-watch stories, but when you’ve committed to a story from the start to the end, the satisfaction is much bigger. So, I think start with the three, and then publish an episode from time to time. Not a only will the readers be more eager for the next chapter, but you’ll have more motivation to complete it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.